Espresso Love

Espresso Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Espresso Love

As he sat down at his usual spot in the coffee shop, Taemin tried his best to appear cool and nonchalant about his outward appearance. Slowly and carefully, he put his bag pack on the floor and leaned back to shrug his grey light jacket off. Crossing one leg over the other and settled comfortably before continuing to read the book he has with him that morning.

He liked seating at the little secluded corner spot, a cozy table for two, where he could see the whole café bustling with business but he himself partially hidden behind a charming low decorated divider. It has become a routine for him to have a cup of morning espresso every weekday early in the morning before bounding off for his classes at the nearby university. He waited patiently until it was the right time … only then he pressed the call button to order. Taemin had to if he wanted him, the reason why he was there in the first place, to take his orders. He would be disappointed if it wasn’t him.

Minho just finished making the last order when he saw the light flashing at the counter indicating table 21 was ready to order. He looked up into the direction of the table and a smile formed on his lips. He quickly caught his staff’s hand before the girl could head out to take the order herself.

“Eun-Ji, let oppa take this order, okay?” flashing a bright smile to the bubbly girl.

She was a bit surprised by her boss’ request but when she looked over and saw the figure of the pretty young man sitting at the corner spot, head bent slightly reading a book, she understood. Nodding with a knowing smile, she handed Minho the order chit and pen, mouthing Oppa fighting! as he passed by. He chuckled pleasantly and reached over to pat her head.

“Thank you, you cheeky young girl” he said amicably.

Eun-ji watched as the handsome tall man, the owner of the café, went to table 21 to take the pretty boy’s order himself, a task that he rarely does. She sighed at the fact that though his good looks and pleasant personality charmed many of the female patrons, her boss only has his eyes on that slip of a boy.

It was a daily ritual between the two of them; this brief connection they make early in the morning. Only polite conversations and wistful smiles were exchanged but she knew better than anyone that both of them were crazy about each other. She wished that the day when the two of them could take the brave step into the next level would come soon. Sometimes, her heart ached so much looking at their sweet longing for each other.

Minho paced his strides towards table 21 in order not to be seen too eager in front of the younger man. Since Taemin, yes … he saw his name written in clear blocked letters on a file folder on the table once, started coming every weekday mornings to have morning coffee at his café, his days seemed to be brighter and he felt happier, even when he was dead tired at the end of the day. Taking his usual order of a cup of espresso was definitely the highlight of his day.

The beautiful smiling eyes and the handsome but delicately effeminate features took his breath away when he saw him coming into his café for the first time. Those smiles and images of Taemin’s would be the one he would dream about. He would be wondering how would those luscious lips feel and taste if he were to kiss them.  

E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter