1

Bitter Sweet

School has never been my favourite since then, but I'm glad it is my last year of high school and after school high school. I will take a year off, before going to college. The students around me are afraid of me and my classmates are also the same. I don't have friends at all and it's been less than three years living life like this. Whenever I walk to my class, the people around me step aside and give me a wider space to walk into. I don't like any of it and I don't want this fear going on around me. If ever a student bump into me, he would apologize and run away like he'd seen a ghost on my appearance. Even if I said it was okay that didn't change a thing. It's so lonely, but I have to stay strong and I know one day everything will change after high school. I hope that day comes and so I can escape this terrible life.

This morning, I walked to my class while my hands jammed to my pockets. The students were looking at me with fear in their eyes and stepped aside like I was a king walking my way to my throne. I gritted my teeth, but I didn't show I was so pissed because of it. I turned left and I saw a group of guys coming to my way. The guy in the middle was laughing with his friends and stopped when he made contact with my eyes. He displayed a smirk on his face and looked at me with a stern look. His name is Kai, he really hates my guts since I've attended this high school. I heard that he was really popular and until I came. He began to hate my guts for no reason. I didn't even do anything to make him berserk like a wild animal. Well, thanks to him because of him my life began to turn up side down. Trouble is attached to me all the time and people start to avoid me. 

"Oi! You there! Kung fu guy! Show us your stunts and entertain us." His friends laughed and Chanyeol even joined Kai.

"You better joined the circus man. That's the best job for you." I ignored it and walked pass him. He grabbed my shoulder roughly to make me look at him in the eye. The people around us went inside their classes and watched us through the windows. 

"I called you, you piece of ! I just wanna ask if how's going with life?" His friends were giving me an evil grin. I narrowed my eyes remembering when I lost my job at the chinese restaurant in town.

"Leave me alone Kai."

"You should respect me Kung fu guy! Kai sunbaenim, don't call me by name casually." Kris hissed softly and he thought to himself. Wishing for the impossible we're only in the same grade.

"You wish!" I said and I was ready to leave then I pushed him by the chest when he grabbed my collar harshly. I glared at him with all my guts, but he was grinning from ear to ear which I really hated about him.

"Don't talk to me like that!" He was about to punch me when one of the teacher's stopped him. He dropped his hand on his side and he thought of something to escape from trouble.

"Kim Jong In! What are you up to again?" Jungah seosaengnim called. Kai immediately fixed my collar and smiled at her like an angel.

"Nothing seosaengmin I only fixed his uniform for him." Our senior was shaking her head incredulously. Kai patted my shoulder as if he was taking off the dust on my black jacket uniform. "I know you, Jong In ssi, if you don't stop doing that I will send you and your friends to the office." She threatened him and his friends while she displayed a frown.

"I'm not, seosaengnim, we were heading to class now. Sorry, for making you worry." Kai let go of my collar and looked back at me with a hard glare. Jungah ssi, approached me and asked me if I was okay. I said I was fine and left for class hurriedly. I don't like this as if I was a kid and they felt sorry about me. I sat on my seat at the back of the class. I heard my classmates that there would be a new adviser for our class. I didn't care. I burried face in my arms as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

 

No one's POV

The people around Kris' class were exchanging their news or rumours to their group of friends. The door opened and a young lady with a dark brown hair and in a formal attire entered their room. All of them ran back to their seats immediately and Kris' classmate, Luhan shook his shoulder gently then the latter woke up rubbing his eyes. Luhan is the only one who's not afraid of him, they've talked for a number of times and asked him to be his friend, but he turns it down. Because he doesn't want him to drag him to any trouble he gets into sometimes.

"Kris?"

"What is it?" Kris saw all of his classmates were standing and he abruptly stood after. They greeted their new teacher and sat after their short greeting.

"Hi, guys I'll be your new adviser for the remaining of the year since Boa sunbaenim is taking her maternity leave. I'm Im Jinah or you can call me Nana." She smiled sweetly to her students. "I'm only 21," Some other student in his class gasped, but Kris wasn't even surprised. "So I'm only older than you two or three years apart and I'll be teaching history in your class. I've graduated this year so this will be my first time teaching. Hope that we get along." She then began her little set of rules till a new teacher came in and the class started so shortly. Kris was sitting next to the window and watched the sky instead. He didn't feel like listening because it was math first thing in the morning and he could catch up whenever he wanted to.

A week later, Kris is at work somewhere near to his house that late afternoon. He got his job a month ago and he was doing fine on his work. He works at a small noddle shop. He served and cooked noodles for the customer; he works along with his boss. Kris' parents are not the wealthy, so he has to support himself for school. His father died when he was nine years of age, because of a car accident. His mother works at a supermarket in town as a manager, but that isn't enough to cover everything for his schooling. He even decided to take a year off to earn some money for college. He works really hard on his job, but not that much in class. Well he excels in math, and he is literally fine with his other courses, but not in his history class. He thought that history class wasn't that important to his dream profession in the future as an engineer. 

A customer, entered the shop and Kris asked the young lad what he'd like to order. As soon as he told him his order, he quickly prepared the ingredients, he mixed them, and he waited until the noodles he ordered was cooked. 

"Kris, one medium ramen!" His boss shouted.

"Aye, boss!" He served the noodles to his customer and he went back to cook another one for the new customer. He heard noisy guys outside the shop. Some of them Kris recognized their voices and he didn't want to think about Kai's group at the moment. He was convincing himself that he was only imagining and weary of things. Those group of guys entered the noodle shop and Kris glanced over to the entrance. He narrowed his eyes as soon as he saw Kai's group laughing and playfully punching each other. 

"Chanyeol, you must be proud of yourself, you finally got her." Baekhyun slung his arm around his neck and ruffled his hair.

"Yah! I've work really hard to get her." They laughed. Kai stopped and a grin formed on his lips. Kris doesn't feel good about them being there at the noodle shop. He tried to ignore them as he focused himself on his job.

"How are you guys? What would you like to order?" His boss asked the group. Suho and Kyungsoo smiled to the old guy. 

"Guys, what do we have here?" Kai called the attention of his group and their eyes went immediately to Kris who was busy cooking noodles for the customer.

"Err, Kung fu guy your here working?" Chanyeol said while Kai grabbed the guy's shoulder who was near to Kris and pushed him off from his stool.

"Hey! What was that for?" The guy said and some of his group surrounded him as they scared him out of the shop. Some other people at the noodle shop began leaving. 

"Not now Kai if you want something from me, you can do it after my work." Kris answered coldly, but Kai didn't listen to him and he kicked one of the chairs around the shop.

"You guys stop scaring out the people in my shop." His boss asked him nicely. "If you don't stop this I will call a police." Baekhyun jumped inside the counter and he pulled the telephone's wire, so the old man wouldn't have a chance to call the cops. Even the old man got scared, because of Kai's group.

"Sorry, sir but that won't happen, this guy who works at your shop owes us big." Baekhyun smiled at the old man.

"Please don't do anymore damage to my shop." The old man pleaded.

"We can't promise that." Kyungsoo answered.

"Get out of here now! You morons!" Kris said so calmly and he took his apron off as he set it aside on the counter. He went out of the counter and he grabbed his collar.

"What if I didn't want to?" Kai smiled at him mockingly and punched Kris on the face. The poor guy ended up on the floor and he felt something warm on his lips. He brought his hand up to his lips and he saw blood on his hand. He snorted and dragged Kai out of the shop. Chanyeol grabbed his arms tightly and Kai punched him on the face once more. Kris used his foot to stepped on Chanyeol's foot. The latter groaned so loudly and let go of Kris arms. The other guys started throwing punches at him and each one of them got hurt. Kris sent blows on their faces then to their stomachs and threw the others on the ground. Kai kicked him on the back of his leg and he dropped one knee to the ground. He looked back and Kai was about to send another puch at him, but he dodge it quickly.

"I really hate your guts face!" All of theirs heads jerked when they heard a siren that was coming to their way. All of them ran and Kai showed his finger, before they finally disappeared out of the corner of the street. An ambulance passed his way and that saved him from getting more hurt. He went back to the shop to see a disgruntled man arranging the chairs back.

"Boss, I'm so-"

"Kris, it's fine." The old man took some cash in his pocket. "Although I have a phone with me, I've decided not to call the cops. I know your saving up for your college and I don't wanna ruin your reputation because of it. Here, take this money that's your whole salary and I added extra."

"Why? You just gave me my salary like last week?" He asked and he could tell what his boss had in mind.

"I'm sorry, but you can find another job somewhere. I'm afraid those guys will come back again for you."

"Bu-" He shove the money in his hand and pushed him out of the shop.

"Sorry, Kris I don't want to lose my business because of this." He gave his bag pack and he went home feeling so depressed from what happen to him. 

That was the second time he lost his job, because of his group. He really hated them more than ever. He wants to switch schools, but they are far from his home and it means he has to rent an apartment if he does transfer. His mother and him can't afford that, so he's enduring his last year of high school for another year on that school. He opened the door of their house and his mom came to greet him. 

"I'm home."

"How's going with your job so-" Her mother ran up to him and asked him with so much concerned in her voice.

"You got into fight again?"

"No, I slip when I ran home there were rocks on the ground, so I got hurt." He lied and went straight to his room. 

"Those wounds and bruises don't look like rocks hit you come here I will get the med-."

"I will treat myself omma and I need to study." Whatever her mom says doesn't make him want to go out, he doesn't listen to her when he gets hurt. Kris prefers not to tell his mom about what he experienced at school. He doesn't want to make her worry more about him.

"I made dinner son I will leave it on the table." She sighed and she left to do her other work in the house.

During, history class Kris and his last class in the afternoon. He was sleeping throughout the lesson. Nana was discussing in front of the class. At first, she was ignoring her tallest student in class, but twenty minutes later. The latter didn't even wake up and the young lady groaned silently.

"Wu Yifan!" Nana called, and some ther students looked back. Nana threw the chalk and Kris tilted his head up. Then he felt the chalk hit his forehead. Kris twitched his eyes. Nana's eyes went wide when she saw the latter with patches on his face. His lips cracked and he got some bruises on his cheek and near to his eyes. Her anger faded and she felt concerned to her student.

"Please, listen to class or pretend that you are paying attention at least." Nana carried on her lesson once again. Kris heard some whispers around him, but he couldn't careless to listen to them.

The next day.

"Kris ssi!"

The next day again.

"Kris ssi! Stop sleeping in my class."

Another monday after noon again, Nana is getting tired of waking up Kris whenever he sleeps in class or he doesn't pay attention when she discusses in front of the them. The brunette hated those kind of students. She isn't worried if a student hates her, all she wants that her students learn something from her lesson. She doesn't want them to fail, Nana wants them to be succesful someday like her. Kris isn't listening  most of the time and his marks are getting lower and lower everyday. Nana decided to talk to him and have a one to one talk. Kris has gotten to a fight that morning at the back of the school. He was thinking why would Kai wanted to hurt him whenever they met. He thought that, when he atttended this school, the latter thought of him as a threat. Some other girls were proposing to him, he was getting letters, and he almost had the whole attention of the girls at school. He heard that Kai was so popular before he came. Actually, he didn't like it, because his life wasn't that peaceful with all the girls following him around. Then one day, Kai's group and his friends fought until it became more often. People started to stay away from him and felt so afraid whenever they see him. He tried to beat the crap out of Kai and it seemed he didn't like to stop.

"Kris Wu Yifan, stay after class." Their class ended, the students went out happily while Kris was left behind. Luhan, stayed for a little and asked his classmate.

"Bro, why don't you tell the teachers about it?" He was shaking his head.

"No need to I know they won't believe me anyways."

"Luhan ssi, sorry to interrupt you, but could please leave us?" Luhan nodded at Nana and left the class. The young woman took a seat in front of him.

"Kris ssi, I wanna talk about your marks in this class. You do well in some other subjects, but not to my history class. You are closely to failing you won't graduate if you don't listen or study. I'm not scolding you everytime, because I hate you. As a teacher I want to see you someday succesful."

"Okay, sorry." All he could answer to his teacher and the brunette sighed.

"I know it's not of my business to intrude of your personal life. I've been hearing about you being involved to many troubles with Kai's group."

"Sorry, seosaengnim I think I don't want to talk about that." Nana slightly nodded. She placed her hand over to Kris and for some reason he felt weird on the contact. It felt so nice to have her hand on top of his.

"If you have some problems at school you can come talk to me. I'm not here to teach and get my salary then go home. Only leaving my students without learning from my lessons. I've concerned to my students too. As your adviser and your teacher I don't want you to fail my class. I want to see you succesful someday." Nana smiled. "Don't be shy to talk to me if you ne-"

"Jinah," A man's voice called Nana and he stood by the door. Nana turned her head to see someone at the door and displaying a warm smile.

"Oppa?"

"I came here to pick you up."

"Geez, I can go home by myself." Kris never had seen her like that especially in class. It was new to him and she looked stunningly pretty and cute. The guy laughed as he scratched the back of his head. 

"You know omma wanted to talk to you. Of course she is worried to her one and only daughter." Nana sighed once again.

"I think I need to go now Kris ssi, don't forget what I've told you earlier. If you need me I will be ready to listen to you." Kris nodded, dumbly. He took his bag and left the class. Remembering how cute his teacher was.

Both of them are slowly becoming accustomed to each other. The latter stays after school to get tutored by his teacher. Nana doesn't mind staying at school, because she doesn't want her student fail in her class, so she does all she can to teach her student. It's been months and graduation is around the corner. Kris troublesome nature didn't leave him unfortunately. Nana has become his friend without other students knowing it. They know if someone will discover it, both of them will get in trouble. Although it's just being friends it would arise to something more. Of course, both of them will be expelled to school. Kris began to know more of her. She likes dancing when she was in highschool. She dreamed of being an idol, but she didn't pursue it when the graduation came around. She's fond of watching horror movies. She is funny in a very cute way. She's even more talkative than in class. Kris was having a feeling that Nana could only make when they were alone. But he felt hurt whenever they see the guy who sometimes pick her up to school and they looked so close whenever they were together. He thought of him as Nana's boyfriend, but he didn't dare to ask himself, because he didn't want to know the answer. Nana is the only girl that makes Kris show his trueself. That always makes his lips curl into a smile, hearing just her name makes his heart skipped, and when he's around her he feels like everything is beautiful. Nana was doing her work on her laptop when she asked him if he was doing fine.

"Kris are you okay over there?"

"Yeah," Nana noticed the the scowl was forming already on his forehead. A smile formed on her lips and decided to check on him. "That face gives me an idea that you are having trouble on your work."

"No, I'm fine Nana ssi." He said and Nana took Luhan's seat as she sat beside the latter. She let out a sigh when she saw his paper was almost so clean. "I've known you and we've known each other for less than a year. I think you need to drop your formality around me when only the two of us. Call me Nana or Jinah it's for you to decided which one." She said with a smile.

"I-I sure then Nana." He laughed awkwardly.

"And if you need something you could ask me. Don't let burden yourself too much. You're paper is almost clean what are you doing for thirty minutes?" She pouted and he felt the blood rush to his cheeks and he tried as best as possible to act normally.

"I am re-reading my notes, bu-"

"But you didn't find the answer yet? Here, the Gija Joseon was founded in 12th century BC, and its existence and role have been controversial in the modern era. Then it asks you what state was formed in southern Korea in the 3rd century BC?"

"I know it, but I can't remember it." He went over to his notes again. Nana sighed once more and pointed it out for him.

"It's Jin state. I think you need to work on your writing mister. Even you can't understand your own handwriting." Nana's next act was unexpected. She reached for the book that was sitting next to Kris' arms. Kris turned his head to ask something when both of them stop. It was a total silence for both of them. They were only staring at each other and said nothing. Nana's eyes softened and Kris did also. Kris placed his hand over to her own. He slowly leaned in and captured her lips in a very soft kiss. Nana didn't back off instead she reciprocate to it. Nana closed her eyes and let herself drown to Kris' soft ones. It was slow and gentle while Nana's hand entwined her finger with his. They heard footsteps at the hallway. Nana slowly broke the kiss and let go of his hand. She couldn't look at him straight in the eyes and lowered her head a little. Kris has never dated a girl before and that was his first time kissing a girl. He was speechless and he just kissed the girl he had been in his mind lately. She moved back and she was all shy suddenly, she couldn't say anything until someone called her.

"Nana, let's go sorry for not calling you." The guy who sometimes visits her goes into her class.

"Lay oppa? Okay, let's go then." She stood from her seat and she returned the chair back. Nana looked back at him, but she didn't look at him in the eyes. "Kris ssi, sorry but you could come back tomorrow if you need something regarding this lesson today."

"Y-yeh," He answered.

Two weeks before the graduation, Kris have noticed the change on Nana. Whenever Kris asked about what happened that late after noon. The young lady would avoid the question and asked him some question that wasn't even related to Kris' question. She told him once that they shouldn't, because she didn't want him to get expelled because of her. But he didn't get answers from her whether she felt the same as him. She couldn't answer him straight. She looks kind of pale and he can see it on her lips. Kris started to get worried about her. After what happened in her class that late after noon. The young teacher have put some distance to their closeness. Kris is sure Nana has feelings for him. She wouldn't kiss him back if she didn't. Students have gone home already except for some other students who have position in school and some other staffs. Kris grab a bottle of water at the bending machine downstairs. Suddenly Kai's group blocked his way and they didn't want him to return to his class.

"Stop, there Kung fu panda." 

"What do you want? Can you leave me, please." He asked coldly while Kai only laughed it off.

"Are you that stupid enough do you have to get tutored by Im seosaengnim or do you want to get in her pants?" Kai asked with an evil smile on his face.

"Dude, he does look he wants to. Who wouldn't want to do that. She's pretty, y, and hot. I would bang her if I were him. I wanna hear her scream and moan ily while we do it. She's material with that bo-" Kris lost his temper and punched Chanyeol really hard. He sat on his abdomen. He uncontrollably punched Chanyeol. Suho and Baekhyun dragged him away from the unconcious Chanyeol. 

"Why you worked up yourself that much?" Kai asked and he kneed his chin and sprawled on the ground. Kai kicked his face really hard and he almost lost his concious because of the impact.

Nana began to get worried, because Kris hadn't come back yet. He wouldn't take long to get something. She thought. She felt her body weak, but she ignored it and she searched for him. She's much worried to Kris than her own situation. She remembered that he told her to get a water downstairs. Nana went downstairs she heard some guys laughing, and she heard punches also. She saw Kris who hardly stood on his feet. She was about to stop them when Kris said something .

"Don't talk about her like that! She isn't like those girls you met in clubs! Nana seosaengnim has respect for herself and I totally respect her as a teacher!"

"I would get her if I only wanted too. I don't give a about your little speech!" Kai punched him once more. "You're the best toy we've ever had since. Too sad I won't see you next year." He laughed. 

Nana's tears streamed down her face after she heard that from Kris. She was touched by his words. She doesn't know what to do with her feelings at that moment. She couldn't stand seeing him getting hurt. She wiped her tears in unlady like way. She didn't care about that anymore and shouted at them.

"Yah! Stop it!" All of them stopped and Jungah came along after.

"Jong In! I've enough of this! I'm gonna enlist you young man to military tomorrow!" Kai dropped Kris on the ground.

"Om-seosaengnim! I'm still not eligible to b-"

"No, you are nineteen god, I don't care if you won't graduate or not. You can do it after two years. You need a really big lesson mister." Nana looked at her surprised. She heard she was gonna enlist Kai. So it means she's her mom and it seems like his friends aren't surprised about it.

"And your minions will have two weeks suspension at school!"

"How bout Kris?" They asked.

"He's the victim here. Jong In come with me."

"Bu-"

"Come, and you fools go home now, you won't be needed here." Jungah smiled at Nana before she grabbed Kai's collar and dragged him to the school's parking lot. Nana ran closer to Kris and she bent her knees with so much worry going on in her.

"Kris," Nana shook his shoulder, but he wasn't moving.

She tried it again and tears fell from her eyes. Kris felt something wet on his face. He slowly opened his eyes and he witnessed for the first time that Nana was crying.

"Nana don't c-cry." He tried to sit and Nana helped her. "That doesn't suit yo-" All of a sudden she hugged the younger one and sobbed on his shoulder.

"You m-made me worry, stupid."

"Don't hug me like th-that in here. People might see us."

"S-Sorry," Kris smiled widely seeing her blushing in front of him.

Nana and Kris were finally in class. She treated his wounds on his lips and face. She carefully cleaned the dried blood on his lips while Kris was watching him lovingly. Nana's cheeks felt hot on the way Kris looked at her. She was trying to focused herself from treating his wounds, but she failed.

"Can you stop staring at me like that?" She said. Kris laughed to see her annoyed and punched his stomach.

"Ooooh! That hurts!"

"I-I'm sorry,"

"I just can't help it, you're like an angel that fell from the sky."

"Yah! Stop it." His words were affecting her so much. "Do you want get punch from me again?"

"No, I'm sorry."

"There, it's finished." She said happily and stood, but Kris gripped on her wrist.

"What is it?" She looked back.

"Can I ask you a simple wish from you?"

"I'm not a genie to fullfil your wish." She giggled. "But what is it?"

"C-Can I hug you?" Her smile faded. 

"You probably know that we can't."

"But you did a while ago. I missed your warmth around me." Nana was hesitant to Kris' request, but she agreed at the end.

Kris slowly warpped around his arms around her. It felt so nice Kris thought. Kris hated girls perfume, but her scent was different. He really likes it a lot. Nana unconciously rested her head on Kris shoulder while Nana placed her hands on his chest. Her breathing soothe Kris and they began dancing slowly suddenly.

"I wish I could hold you like this forever." Nana was silent, because she couldn't stand his sweet words and that was making her cry. She took a deep breathe and abruptly blink, because she didn't want to worry him.

"Nana."

"Hm?"

"I've wanted to say this for a long time." He paused and gulped. "I-I love you."

"Pl-Please don't say that."

"Why?"

"I can't return your love. We can't be together." Nana answered in melancholy voice.

"Is it because of Lay?" She didn't answer. Kris stopped and looked at her watery eyes. A tear fell and Kris kissed her cheeks. "I will wait for you."

"Please d-don't, because I don't want to hurt you. You don't understand." She said as her voice cracked.

"You kissed me back before you could've pushed me or rejected me, but that didn't happen." He cupped her face and rested on her forehead. She pecked her lips, but Nana was surprised at his action and she didn't push him. She really actually liked it. 

"I just wanna tell you that I love you more than you can imagine."

"Kri-" He placed his own lips and connected it to hers. Nana tried her best not to respond to his kisses. She wanted to push him off, but her body wasn't obeying her while her mind was telling her to not to. Her heart says the opposite. She felt her knees weakened and Kris noticed this. He hugged her tightly, so she wouldn't fall. The young teacher couldn't resist anymore and she kissed Kris back. She s her arms around the latter's neck. Kris tasted her salty tears in . He kissed those tears away by kissing her cheeks so softly. Not long after, he went back to gain another make out session with her again. Kris broke the kiss to catch their breaths. They looked at each other for a while then Nana untangled her arms around him. She pushed him by the shoulder gently.

"Don't you love me?"

"I'm sorry Kris, I-I got carried away. I need to go and I'm so sorry Kris." She took her bag and all her belongings on the table as she left the lad standing there, speechless. Nana arrived at the school's parking lot. Lay was leaning back on his car while his arms crossed. 

"I thought you wouldn't come?"

"I came, but I saw what you two did." With smirked on his lips.

"Are you mad?" He opened the door for her.

"Come in, you're working so hard it's not good to your condition." He avoided her question. Nana went in and closed the door next to her.

"I'm sorry." She said. Then drove off to somewhere.

Exam weeks has began in Kris high school. Kai's group were finally able to attend the exams and including Kai. They suddenly stop hurting Kris like they usually do. It was a big changed for Kris and whenever they met at the hallway. They simply ignore him and go somewhere. Kris heard the news about Nana. He heard from Luhan that she was sick. He was worried and asked the person who she was closed to. After his exam's for the fourth day. The young lad met Jungah at the office. He asked Jungah where she lives, but the middle age woman didn't have her address. Jungah saw how worried Kris was. She wanted to help him, but she didn't have her address. She tried asking her fellow teachers, but they didn't know it also. Kris was about to leave when Jungah called him.

"Kris ssi," She montioned him to come nearer and gave a piece of paper.

"I'm really sorry, if I can't help you if I find it I'll call your home."

"Thanks, seosaengnim."

"No problem kiddo." He read the message on the little piece of paper.

Nana, is like my child to me. She always discusses her problems at school and at home. She didn't say anything much about her problems at home or anything personal, but she always talks about you, you know. I know it, don't worry it's kept safe with me. Nana, loves you I know it myself although she denies it everytime. Her day won't be complete without talking about you. I can't tell if that's her boyfriend or not, but they are close. His name is Zhang Yixing, he runs one of the popular car sellers in South Korea that's what I've heard about him. Try asking him to one of the car shops around here. He owns KIA motor company, sorry that's all I know hope that helps. Kris kept that message in his pocket and went home.

Kris tried asking one of the KIA motor shops around, but he failed. He didn't find him. Two days before the graduation. Kris was seating on his seat at the back of the class. He sat on his desk while watching the sun to set on the window next to his seat. He only knew about her, but not everything. Kris doesn't know where she lives and what kind of family does she have. He knows her boyfriend was a car company owner and him. He was nothing, but a high school student without any stock cash money in his pocket. That's why she told him that they can't be together. He wish he was rich and could give everything she wanted. He felt someone's stare at the back. He looked back and saw Nana standing there in a white dress and Kris was mesmerized by her beauty.

"Hi," She said with a smile.

"I thought you were sick?"

"I'm not anymore, I thought I would see you here and I was right." She approached Kris and sat beside him. "You know it's bad sitting on the desk, you bad boy." She giggled. Kris felt something weird his surroundings suddenly it became cold. 

"It's only two days before my graduation."

"I know," She said sadly.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better I guess?" They've talked for an hour before Kris decided to leave. Nana doesn't want him to leave.

"Please stay,"

"I have to go now, Nana. I'm glad that you are fine now." He smiled. Nana stifled a cry.

"I'll be moving, I won't see you anymore."

"Why? Where?"

"I can't tell you, oppa must be there waiting for me. I'm sorry, and I think this will be the last time you will see me."

"Nana, don't say those things." Nana stood and pecked Kris on the lips.

"Bye and I love you too Kris, I really am." Before she ran out of the room with tears falling on her face. Kris chased after her when he reached the exit. He didn't see Nana around. He ran out of the school and he didn't find her. He had a bad feeling about it, because of his failed attempt search for her. He went home feeling the sadness that was consuming his heart. That night before his graduation. He had a dream. Kris was sitting on his chair and he was alone at their classroom. He knows no one will come and watched the sun to set. He wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He was telling himself that he will see her again someday. He told himself to be strong. He felt arms wrapping around his waist and a chin rested on his shoulder.  That scent he thought, he titled his head to his left. It was Nana and she was crying. 

"Why are you crying?" She shook her head so slowly.

"I wanna hug you for the last time."

"Why do you keep telling me that I won't see you anymore?"

"K-Kris?" She let go of him and Kris turned to face her. Nana was weeping and Kris was so hurt.

"I believe I will see you again. Do you know you're the first girl that I fell in love to? You're the first girl who made my heart come to life. It was surrounded with thick glaciers, but you were the only who melted it."

"Please, Kris. I love you but we can't be together."

"Why? Is it because Lay? Because he has money while I don't. I can't give you the happiness that he has? Give me some good reasons." Nana was silent. He lowered his head and turned his hands into fist. "Is it because I'm not rich?"

"That isn't that real reason." Nana hugged her once more before everything became blurry.

"Nana!" Kris woke up and his hand was grabbing the air. Sweats were forming on his forehead and a tear fell from his eye. He sat on his bed and he couldn't sleep that night, because of that dream. He couldn't understand why he had that dream. 

Finally, the graduation day came. Every students were happy while wearing their graduation gowns. Kris was sitting on his chair while he kept looking around hoping to see Nana somewhere. He was saddened, because he couldn't find her. They were finally called and went to the line at the back of the stage. He waited impatiently in the line until he walked proudly on the stage. His eyes were scanning the crowd and his smile turned into simple thin line. He looked once again and he saw Lay who he believed that was Nana's boyfriend. He was standing at the far back next to the door. Why Nana wasn't here, but him? He asked himself and no answers came. The graduation ended finally and Kris was about to walk pass him when Lay held his wrist.

"What do you want?" Kris glared at him.

"Come with me, I would like to talk about something." He kept his cool down since the graduation just ended. They were at the parking lot and Lay took out a cigarette then lit it. He leaned against his car.

"What does Nana's boyfriend wants?" Lay looked at him with wide eyes.

"Boyfriend?"

"Aren't you her boyfriend?" Lay let out a small laugh before he went back to being serious.

"I'm not his boyfriend I'm her half brother."

"Brother?" He nodded.

"She didn't tell you I see. Do you know that she always talks about you. Like every single day is all about you. Even when she was sick."

"Please, tell me where is she?" Kris asked and his eyes were begging him. Lay eyes were almost watery. He looked to his car. 

"She's in the car? Why doesn't she come out?" Lay shook his head.

"She can't anymore?"

"What do you mean? What does anymore means? We've met two days before the graduation. She said I wouldn't see her anymore? Where is she planning to go?" The older guy looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Don't joke around kid! Don't make a really bad joke!" He hafly yelled at Kris. He was taken aback at his sudden burst. He opened his car and took out a vase. Kris was really confused. She didn't see Nana inside was he playing around him? He set the vase on top of his car and Kris grabbed his collar.

"Dude, could you just stop playing around with words! Tell me straight to the point already!"

"She's dead okay! She's dead for three days! She died two days before your graduation!" He gripped on his collar so tightly before he pushed him back really hard. 

"Don't ing joke on me! I just saw her two days ago that late after noon in my class!"

"Kris, she was dead by that time, she passed away in the morning because of cancer. She was diagnosed with melanoma stage four last month and no medications can cure it. Did you even know that even if her body was so weak. She forced herself to teach her students and just to see you. Me and her parents were very concerned about her condition. That was why I picked her up in class more oftenly than before." His lips trembled but he tried his best not to weep in front of her brother. 

"Then one day, she couldn't even stand because of it and wasn't able to attend her job. That was when you received the news she was sick." Kris grabbed his hair really hard and some strands of his hair fell. "I saw everything when you kissed my sister. I've heard everything since I didn't want to ruin your moment. She didn't want to hurt you, because of it. In fact, she really loved you so much. She didn't want you to worry about her too much. She wanted you to find a better woman for you, man. I came here to fulfill her last wish before she closed her eyes." Lay took the vase on top of his car and gave it to him.

"What's this?"

"That's her ashes." He was surprised at his answer.

"She asked her parents to cremate her body instead of being burried. It took a very long argument before they agreed to give her ashes to you. You should be honoured. Nana's favourite place is at the Han River. She always visits that place to relax or if she's stressed. She asks me to tell you that you need to throw her ashes at the Han River tomorrow late after noon before the sun sets and that's for her last wish."

Both of them said goodbyes to each other and parted their own ways. Kris was standing near the river as he held it firmly in his hand. He took the lid off and touched Nana's ashes. The sky began to turn dark, but the sun was still visible. He was by himself at the Han river and no one was wandering around by that time. It's been years when he cried. Kris let out his pain through his tears. He wept painfully. 

"This is why we can't be together?"

"I'm really sorry for being cruel on you during that dream and I think that was your way to see me and informed me your farewell."

"I really love you, Nana. Why it has to be you? My life was really lonely and messy then you came to give colours in my life." He slowly threw her ashes in the air until the container was empty. A rain followed after, because of it no one could see that he was crying. He even cried harder than before. He watched the river flows so calmly. He didn't care if he was drenched by the rain. He screamed her name in the middle of the rain.

"Nana I love you! I hope you heard me up there now!"

"I know," He was sure he heard her voice somewhere he spun around, but he didn't see her. He watched the river again and there she was standing in front of him wearing the white dress. The white dress that she wore when he last saw her wide awake four days ago. She was smiling at him with those brown eyes that never fails him to fall for her more. Nana kissed him on the lips briefly. Kris smiled.

"I love you too Kris, thank you." Then she slowly faded in front of him.


Finally!!! I'm finished with this KriNa fic! I'm so happy LOL! It took me one, one freaking day to finish this. Oh..thank you and thanking myself hahahaah... This is my first time writing a KriNa fic. Thank you for BigBang's Haru Haru it was one of my inspiration to write this fic. Although the storyline was totally different. Well, they are similar that the girl died, because of some illness, cancer I guess? I cried when I read the lyrics in English. I'm hoping you like this :). I've worked my off to make this fic. It was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I was tired of school. And one more Happy Birthday to my NANA xD. I wish her to have a solo activity like Kahi.