Final

Her E-mails

Ara sipped on her cup of tea with her left hand holding onto the cup while her right hand busily scrolling through her e-mail with a mouse. She checked her e-mail once again. There were no e-mails coming into her inbox.

She let out a deep sigh and thought to herself, Mr. He-Doesn't-Reply-To-My-Emails is still not reading my e-mails.

Well, it happened suddenly one oh-so-lucky day when her best friend, Yoonjo sent this mysterious guy's e-mail to her while chatting with her on Facebook. She said that it was her boyfriend, Baekhyun's best friend's address.

She started sending e-mails to that address and that guy never read or reply her e-mails at all! Like, never.

Baekhyun's best friend was so freaking.. uh, rude to her, maybe. Ara also thought that Baekhyun was even better. 

Yoonjo was such a lucky girl to have such a nice boyfriend, she should say.

With that passion burning in her heart, Ara put her cup on her dining table and stretched her arms. It's time to send another e-mail to that guy again, ugh.

She began to type another e-mail to that guy who she called with two nicknames she created on one historic day; Mr. He-Doesn't-Reply-To-My-Emails and Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are.

From: [email protected]

Hello! I guess you never read nine of my e-mails, huh? I don't know, I feel bored when you're not replying to me. Do reply to me soon. Anyway, I'm Yoo Ara as I always told you. It's not nice to meet you again, Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are. Also, this is the tenth e-maul I sent you.

Ara clicked on the 'Send' button and took deep breaths when the e-mail was still on the outbox, meaning the e-mail was still on its sending process.

Slowly, her lips curled into a small smile. After sending ten e-mails (including this one) to that guy so far, she hoped that guy would reply to her, just for once.

 

Chanyeol groaned lowly as his eyes slowly opened to the noise of his alarm clock. He turned off the alarm clock to prevent the noise being even louder and snuggled into his blankets.

The cold temperature of that day was not terribly low like the North Pole but he couldn't stand the coldness of every single morning he had to deal with since winter was coming soon after spring.

He stole a glance at his alarm clock and it was 8:34a.m. He sat up properly, looking at his left and right and his eyes stopped at the sight of his laptop near his lamp.

Bingo! It's time to check my e-mails! Chanyeol thought as he grabbed the laptop, turning it on and put it on his lap.

He wanted to doze off for awhile while waiting but his plan failed thus making him groan again. He didn't turn off his internet connection for three months (he still paid his bills though).

He clicked on the 'Google' icon and went to his Gmail account. His right hand was on the mouse, scrolling to each e-mail sent to his inbox. His eyes widened at the sight of Ara's e-mail.

"Well, it's that girl again," Chanyeol grumbled and let out a deep sigh. That girl was sending ten e-mails to him so far and he never read nor reply to them.

He tapped on his chin and pondered into his thoughts. Should I reply to her? Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, yes.. Argh, it's so freaking complicated!

Chanyeol took deep breaths and clicked onto the first e-mail Ara sent to him on the 4th of April. It had been five months since that e-mail came into his inbox.

From: [email protected]

Good night, Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are! I'm Yoo Ara, it's nice to meet you, I guess. I got your e-mail from my friend, Yoonjo while chatting with her on Facebook. She said that you're her boyfriend, Baekhyun's best friend. I had no idea why would she send your e-mail to me. Well, I never had a pen pal.. so, you're the first! Haha. Okay, this is like a long one. I'll send you another soon since it's near midnight right now. Have a sweet dream!

Chanyeol stiffled a soft chuckle at Ara's words. She seemed to be a friendly girl, in his opinion. He clicked on the second e-mail and that was two days after the first one.

From: [email protected]

Good night! How was your day? My day was absolutely fine. Baekhyun and Yoonjo dragged me on another adventure to the Wonderland in Greenway Mall, opened by my 4D best friend, Alice. It was a so freaking awesome arcade! The haunted house was scary but I loved it. The three of us also played way too much games there which made Alice force us to go home. Okay, I'm too much like a kid, am I? Haha. I wanted to go there again in the future. Do tell me about your day soon! Yoo Ara's signing off.

Chanyeol's lips cracked into a very wide yet creepy grin. Baekhyun and Yoonjo nearly dragged him there before but he refused. Maybe, those two lovebirds and Yoo Ara would drag him there in the future.

Chanyeol already had this burning passion in his heart to go onto the third e-mail. He immediately clicked on the third e-mail, which was sent a week after the second e-mail and started to read it.

From: [email protected]

Good afternoon! Now, I would like to tell you about my other adventure with Yoonjo and Baekhyun. We went to Paris for a whole week, thanks to Baekhyun. Oh gosh, we met lots and lots of fashion designers and models especially Tyra Banks! Ah, we also went to Eiffel Tower and I became Baekhyun and Yoonjo's personal assistant to take pictures of them kissing and hugging. Ew. These two lovebirds drove me crazy. Yoonjo kept pulling me to fashion stores left and right but that was such an amazing time. My closet was now filled with clothes, clothes and clothes! I have to sign off now, Baekhyun and Yoonjo are downstairs, waiting for me to play Monopoly with them. I'm sure I'll get my 'Monopoly Queen' title back from last week's game. So, goodbye! 

Chanyeol laughed at Ara, Baekhyun and Yoonjo's adventure to Paris. He knew Baekhyun and Yoonjo too well since they were just as crazy as he was. He wondered if ever Ara got her 'Monopoly Queen' title back.

He immediately clicked onto the fourth e-mail which was sent on the same day as the third e-mail.

From: [email protected]

Good night! Well, this is a surprise. I sent you two e-mails in one day, haha. Anyway, I didn't get my 'Monopoly Queen' title, Baekhyun stole it again, ugh. Yoonjo didn't care a thing as long as her boyfriend won. Yoonjo, why are you so mean to your best friend?! Anyway, you didn't reply to me. Can you just reply to me for once? If you don't want to, it's fine with me, I guess. Now, I have to sign off. That crazy-but-lovable couple, Baekhyun and Yoonjo just requested for a videocall on Skype. I'll send you another e-mail tomorrow morning. Adios!

Chanyeol let out another deep sigh and puffed his cheeks out. You just dissapointed her, Park Chanyeol, how could you?! What the heck!

Chanyeol clicked onto the fifth e-mail, which was sent on the morning of 14th of April and leaned against his baby blue pillow, his eyes looking at Ara's e-mail.

From: [email protected]

Good morning! I sent you an e-mail as I promised last night. Well, I just realized that playing Truth and Dare with Baekhyun and Yoonjo was such a bad idea. They kept asking about you! Apparently, Yoonjo had told Baekhyun about your e-mail and stuff which made Baekhyun to make us a couple. Ugh, I never saw you in real life either! After telling them about you not replying to my e-mails, they were very dissapointed thus driving me crazy for the whole night. I barely got my eight hours of sleep. I'm going to doze off for awhile. See you soon.

Chanyeol felt his heart beating faster than adrenaline as he read Ara's e-mails. He felt butterflies on his stomach and he mentally slapped his cheeks a few times.

"Park Chanyeol, get back to your senses!" Chanyeol scolded himself, his cheeks flushing due to his actions.

He clicked onto the sixth e-mail and it was sent on the 1st of May. He scratched his hair and blinked.

"What took her so long to send her e-mail? Argh, I'll know it soon."

From: [email protected]

Hey there. I'm sorry for not sending you an e-mail for nearly four weeks. Baekhyun and Yoonjo whisked me on another adventure to New York and China! At New York, we went to this so-called Fashion Week. The models were surprisingly tall and gorgeous.  At China, we went to the Great Wall of China. The sunset there was gorgeous too! Ah, we didn't make it to the top but still, this trip was still crazy yet fun. Also, at New York, we went to the premiere of this movie.. I forgot its name but it was epic!  We interviewed the actors and actresses there. Yoonjo's English was very great and so did Baekhyun's. I tried learning from them and luckily, I intreviewed Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt! I felt very lucky! Those two make a very interesting couple. We also interviewed these hot rookies from China with our not-so-good Mandarin. I'm falling in love with one of them, who has these cute deer eyes like mine and he's insanely gorgeous! Haha, I'm just kidding. Woah, this is like the longest e-mail I've ever written. I hope you had fun reading this and do reply to me. Thanks a bunch! 

Chanyeol cracked into a wide smile and clicked on the seventh e-mail, which was sent the next day, immediately.

He was excited to read more about Ara. He was not sure about his feelings. Well, he'll think about this soon.

From: [email protected]

Hey. Since you're not replying to me, I don't know what to say to you anymore. I'm not dissappointed about you but I feel bored, always reading my own e-mails, not yours. Do reply to me soon, okay? Ara's signing off.

Chanyeol smacked his own head and nearly smashed his head on the keyboard. He was very stubborn to Ara.

Why would he act such a thing? Well, he better say sorry to her.. soon.  He clicked onto the eighth e-mail which was sent later that night.

From: [email protected]

Hi. Do reply to me soon, I'm waiting for your reply for weeks.

Chanyeol clicked onto the ninth e-mail, which was sent three months later. He huffed lightly, reading the girl's e-mail.

From: [email protected]

Hello, Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are. I'm sorry for not sending you e-mails three months ago. I was busy working with my aunt in the States for her fashion show. Her fashion show went well. Baekhyun and Yoonjo were there, supporting me as I was one of the models. My aunt forced me to be a model, saying that I can be a model in the future. To be honest, my catwalk was the worst, in my opinion. Haha. Anyway, why aren't you responding to me? Do you hate my e-mails too much? Um, I better sign off. Farewell.

Chanyeol stared at the e-mail for a long time, his fingers moving on his mouse. He clicked on the tenth e-mail, which was sent this morning. He felt very mad at himself.

From: [email protected]

Hello! I guess you never read nine of my e-mails, huh? I don't know, I feel bored when you're not replying to me. Do reply to me soon. Anyway, I'm Yoo Ara as I always told you. It's not nice to meet you again, Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are. Also, this is the tenth e-mail I sent you.

Chanyeol stiffled another chuckle and streched his arms, yawning. It was time that he would reply to Ara.

To: [email protected]

Ahnyeonghaseyo! I'm sorry that I didn't reply to you for so long. I don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway, if you want to know me, Miss I-Know-Who-You-Are, I'm Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun's best friend. I guess, we could meet in the future. Now, I might say that you're my pen pal. Also, tell me if Baekhyun and Yoonjo whisked you on another adventure! I would love to read about it. So, goodbye!

Chanyeol was still smiling widely as he pressed on the 'Send' button. The e-mail was already sent to Ara.

He wondered about Ara's reaction while she was reading the first ever e-mail he sent.

 

Ara was now in her living room and her laptop was still on her lap. She was still chatting to Yoonjo on Facebook.

Yoo Ara: Yoonjo, my friend!

Byun Yoonjo: Hey, girlfriend. What's up?

Yoo Ara: Nothing's up.. hey, you changed your username! Are you married to Baekhyun now?!

Byun Yoonjo: Nah. This was a dare from him. Also, I changed my relationship from Dating to Married. Ew. 

Yoo Ara: Hahaha. I'm laughing so hard now! Baekhyun's such a cheesy boy.

Byun Yoonjo: But I still love him. Anyway, I'm going to log out now! Baekhyun's whisking me off to your house.

Yoo Ara: Okay. Ask Baekhyun to propose to you now.

Byun Yoonjo: Yah, Yoo Ara!

Yoo Ara: I'm just kidding. Go to your Baekhyun now. I'm logging out too.

Ara logged out her Facebook account after exiting the conversation. She went to her e-mail account and she was surprised to see an e-mail in her inbox.

She clicked onto the new-received e-mail, reading it and her bambi eyes shone. Her lips cracked into a wide smile.

From: [email protected]

Ahnyeonghaseyo! I'm sorry that I didn't reply to you for so long. I don't know what's wrong with me. Anyway, if you want to know me, Miss I-Know-Who-You-Are, I'm Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun's best friend. I guess, we could meet in the future. Now, I might say that you're my pen pal. Also, tell me if Baekhyun and Yoonjo whisked you on another adventure! I would love to read about it. So, goodbye!

Ara was about to reply to Chanyeol after massaging her fingers but the doorbell rang. Her smile grew wider, it was time to tell them about this surprising e-mail.

She put her laptop on the couch and stood up, skipping her way towards the door. She opened the door and she saw Baekhyun and Yoonjo, holding hands and a handsome yet tall figure standing behind them.

"Ara, Yoonjo and I would like to introduce you to someone," Baekhyun said and gave a wink at the guy next to him.

Ara tilted her head and looked into the guy's eyes as the guy introduced himself with his deep voice,

"Ahnyeonghaseyo! I'm Park Chanyeol, it's nice to meet you, Ara-ssi."

Ara jumped slightly as she heard the guy's name and poked Chanyeol's forehead, letting out a giggle.

"Mr. I-Don't-Know-Who-You-Are, it's nice to meet you too."

Chanyeol's eyes widened at Ara's words and extended his hand out, waiting for Ara to shake it.

"Miss I-Know-Who-You-Are, I'm sorry for everything.."

"Ah, it's alright, my pen pal. Come in!" Ara immediately shook Chanyeol's hand and made way for the three to walk inside.

Yoonjo whispered into Baekhyun's ear, "They look like a beautiful couple."

"Well, I'm glad you gave Chanyeol's e-mail to Ara. Great job." Baekhyun kissed Yoonjo's cheek, making her cheeks flush red.

Chanyeol and Ara were now sitting on the same couch in the living room as they chatted about Ara's e-mails.

Thanks to Baekhyun and Yoonjo, Chanyeol and Ara can finally meet even though Chanyeol just read about her.