Chapter One

Say Something

Chapter One

[Muni's POV]

I stared out the window of the car. It was sprinkling outside in the cold world. I was heading home from school early due to this headache I began having suddenly in 3rd period. I ended up at the nurse's office and she ended up calling my parents. To be honest, I am sick, but that’s not the whole reason why. I also didn’t want to stay at school. Why? Seeing them. Seeing them makes me uncomfortable. They’re always laughing and joking, while I stood by the side and watch. She wasn’t his type of girl, but he ended up liking her anyways. Being the third wheel isn’t much fun.

“You want some soup?” my mother asked as we entered the house. I shook my head.

“I just want to rest,” I replied and walked up to my room. I sat down and lay on my bed. It was almost lunch time at school. We used to always play basketball together with the others, but since she came along, he stopped. She always takes him somewhere. I’ve tried many times to find out where but never found them. I regret very much for not opening up my feelings to him. I thought it would ruin our friendship if he didn’t like me back. I closed my eyes. I really need to get my head out of this. I let out a sigh before dozing off to sleep. It wasn't long until I felt a nudge on my shoulders.

“Sweetie,” my mother’s calm voice called for me. I opened my eyes and looked at her. The headache obviously didn't get any better as my eyes felt heavy and my head was about to explode. I felt very hot and sweat was rolling down my face.

“Oh my, you’re burning!” she said and ran downstairs. I groaned and tried to get up.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you left home because you were sick?” I heard his voice. I looked up and saw him standing there in his school uniform.

“Sorry,” was all I can say with my dry voice. He came and helped me sit properly.

“Where’s Eunmi?” I asked in a very weak voice.

“She said she had some family problems and went home,” he replied. My mother came in and handed the bowl of water to him.

“Jungkook, it’s okay if I ask you to do this? I need to go make some soup for Muni.”

He nodded and placed it on the counter and dipped the small towel into the bowl.

“I can do it myself,” I said and took the towel away from his hands. He let out a small laugh.

“You’re always like this,” he said as I placed the towel on my head. It felt so much better. I let out a relaxing sigh and softly chuckled.

“Muni…” he called my name. I took the towel off and looked at him. Something about his voice kept my heart racing. Not in a good way, but in a way they would end up hurting me.

“Do you think Eunmi would make a good girlfriend?” he mumbled it out. I laughed. I knew this was coming.

“She’s perfect,” I said and forced a smile. I saw the big smile crept on his face.

“I’m going to ask her tomorrow then,” he said taking the towel from my hands and dipping it in the cold water again.

“Now care to explain why you were in the rain?” he asked handing the towel back to me. I widened my eyes.

“H-how did you know?” I asked scared that he might of saw me THAT day.

“You really are a fool,” he smiled and poked my head lightly. “Remember when we were little. We always played in the rain and every time we do you always get sick like this after. So I’m guessing you played in the rain yesterday?”

“Actually…I was waiting for this guy,” I mumbled out my words. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

“In the rain?” his voice got a bit serious.

“It was nothing though,” I tried to sway the conversation away.

“Nothing? What kind of guy leaves a girl waiting in the rain?” He used his serious tone. “Why did you even bother waiting if he doesn’t even show up? Shouldn’t you have known this was going to happen?”

“Because I actually thought he was going to come!” my voice grew loud and shocked Jungkook. I was shocked myself at my sudden rage. He gave me a weird look and stayed quiet.

“I really thought he was going to come..." I felt the tears formed at the corner of my eyes and I quickly raced my hands to my face to wipe them away.

“Who is this stupid guy?” Jungkook asked. I wanted to tell him so much and yell it to his face that it was none other than him. But I held it in.

“You don’t need to know who,” I said shaking my head.

“I have to,” he said. “So I can find him and beat him up.”

I laughed, “You’re still the same old Jungkookie I know.”

He smiled and poked my nose.

“I would never change.”

I looked down at my fingers as my mother came in and handed the bowl of soup to Jungkook.

“I can eat by myself,” I said reaching for the bowl. He shook his head.

“I will feed you,” he smiled. “I still have to make up all the times we haven’t spent together in the past few days.”

I couldn’t do anything but agreed. He fed me and talked to me about what I had been doing lately. I told him most of the common things I usually do, and hid others away.

“I’m sorry,” he suddenly said. I looked at him and gave him a weird look.

“Why?”

“Ever since I met Eunmi, I haven’t been spending time with you,” he started off. “I’m really sorry.”

“Ah, it’s ok~” I smiled and waved my hands assuring him I was fine with it, though I really wasn’t. He was going to say something when his phone rang. He looked at it and then put it back in his pocket.

“Is it Eunmi?” I asked. He nodded but gave me a smile.

“I think she can handle a day without me,” he said. I shook my head and reached into his pockets. I grabbed his phone and pressed call to Eunmi. I handed him the phone and told him to talk.

“Yeah, I’m at Muni’s house,” Jungkook was talking. “She’s sick. I need to take care of her. I thought you said you had family prob-.”

I grabbed the phone from him.

“Eunmi!” I tried to sound as bright as I can. “I’m good now! Jungkook will be on his way!”

“Oh good, I’ll be waiting,” she said and hung up. I gave him his phone and shoo-ed him out of my house.

“You better be at school tomorrow!” he said putting on his shoes.

“Ok!” I replied and pushed him out of the house. I closed the door.

“Feeling better now?” my father asked. I nodded and smiled.

“I’m going to go take a shower and sleep,” I said. “Sorry for making you guys worried.”

My father laughed and continued watching TV. I went up to my room and closed the door. It was nice to see him for just a bit. Just a tiny bit of his smile can brighten my day. I smiled and walked to my bed as it slowly disappeared.

I looked at my phone and held it rereading the text i was going to send to Jungkook.

'Hey oppa :) i was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight and go to the noodle shop that we always go to at 7pm?'

My hands shook as I looked at the screen. I breath in some air and let it out slowly. I then pressed the send button and placed my phone down. Soon a text came back.

'Of course! I missed hanging out with you! Wait for me! I might be late!'

I smiled and quickly ran off to change. I didn't know what to wear. All my clothes just seem to become so plain lately. I searched through and finally stick with regular skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and a red coat. I fixed my hair and smiled in the mirror one last time before grabbing my phone to check the time. It was almost 7. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs.

"Umma, me and Jungkook oppa are heading out to eat at the noodle shop!" I noted to my mother before leaving the house. The sky was really dark, i was going to go back in and grab my umbrella but I thought again. Jungkook oppa might be there already even though he said he was going to be late. He tends to always show up on time even when he says that. I don't want him to wait. I headed out and got in a taxi cab. I told the driver the address as he drove off. I finally reached the destination and got out paying on the way. I looked at the noodle shop and around. Jungkook wasn't here yet. I waited outside and looked around for the next following minutes. It started sprinkling then it rain harder. I waited longer and longer. People passed by giving me looks as if i was crazy. I coughed and looked at my phone screen.

"9PM," I read the numbers on it. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. Small tears slipped from my eyes. Of course no one noticed it since it was raining. I looked at the sidewalk as the rain drops splatter. I finally let out a tiny voice of my cries.

"Are you okay?"

I turned and saw the ahjumma who owned the noodle shop. She was locking the doors to her shop. I nodded my head and walked away. I was too embarrassed to talk to her.

The next day I went to school. I didn't feel so well. I met Eunmi in the morning. To my surprise Jungkook wasn't here yet. Eunmi came up to me and smiled.

"How was noodles last night?" she asked. I looked up and widened my eyes. She smirked, "Oh did Jungkook forget to come?"

I glared at her.

"It was fun texting you," she laughed and then looked at me giving me a serious look. "Jungkook is mine. So back off tramp."

I was going to do something to her when Jungkook's voice spoke up.

"EUNMI!" he sounded so excited to see her.

"Oppa!~" Eunmi squealed and ran towards him. I turned and looked at them. I didn't want to tell Jungkook that Eunmi had been treating me wrong ever since she met me. I didn't want him to think so bad of me. I was his best friend, someone who he trusts so much. I was the one there to help him. Seeing him smile was already good enough for me. Though my heart feels like it's ripping apart, I really can't do much but let it be.

I woke up the next day feeling way much better than before. I stretched and yawned. I quickly got up and entered the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Today he was going to confess his feelings to Eunmi. I'm pretty sure she's going to accept it. I had to prepare myself for it. I changed into my school uniform and grabbed my bag walking downstairs. I ate some breakfast and put on my shoes. I bid goodbye to my parents and left for school. I thought about a lot of things on the way there. I thought about how Jungkook was going to confess, or plot twist where it becomes me instead of Eunmi. Many things roamed in and out of my mind before I stopped on one conclusion.

"I have to tell him," I said before running off towards the front of the school. I'm going to live in regret my whole life? Does it really hurt to tell him. Well at least note to him. I spotted Jungkook walking with Taehyung. It was good Eunmi wasn't around. I ran towards them.

"Jungkook!" I called waving. He smiled and waved back.

"Muni!"

I finally caught up to him and stopped taking in some breathes first.

"I'm going to do it today, right now," Jungkook fist pumped with a big smile across his face.

"I have to tell you something," I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Going to give me good luck?" he smiled and laughed. I shook my head, then nodded it.

"Well that and um...I...," I started stuttering. My heart stopped at the words. He was smiling so bright, so cheerful. He prepared to confess to her and I have no rights to interfere with my feelings.

"I what?" he tilted his head and laughed at me.

"I...,"

"JUNGKOOK!" Eunmi showed up. Jungkook then quickly turned and ran towards Eunmi.

"I like you..." the words mumbled out of my mouth. Taehyung stood there giving me a shocked look.

"Goodbye..." I whispered. Taehyung widened his eyes.

"Don't just let him go off like that then," Taehyung said. I widened my eyes and looked at him.

"You heard me?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded, "Call him over her and tell him before it's too late."

I shook my head.

Taehyung sighed, "Then I'll do it for you."

"JUNGKOOK!" he called. I looked at Jungkook as he furiously turned around.

"I'm trying to do my thing here!" Jungkook yelled back.

"I need to tell you something quick!" Taehyung yelled waving for Jungkook to come over. Jungkook grumbled before stomping his way towards him.

"What is it?" he asked. "I'm trying to confess my feelings towards Eunmi here. Stop ruining my chance."

"Dude please, there's a beautiful princess right here already waiting for you," Taehyung said and winked at you. Jungkook gave you a weird look.

"Princess?" he let out a small laugh.

I shook my head and awkwardly laughed back.

"Oh Taehyung stop fooling around when Jungkook oppa's trying to confess to Eunmi!" I playfully hit his arm. He didn't laugh but gave me a serious look.

"Muni likes you Jungkook," Taehyung said it straight out. I froze in my spot. It felt as if my lungs at stopped suddenly giving me no air to breathe. Jungkook stopped laughing a bit and looked at Taehyung.

"I'm dead serious," he said this time. This time Jungkook officially stopped laughing and looked at me. I let out an awkward laughed and shook my head.

"Oh Taehyung really knows how to joke,"

Jungkook didn't laugh but continued looking at me. His face was shocked and surprised.

"Eunmi's waiting for you," I said pointing at her. He didn't bother looking.

"Y-you like me?" the words came out of his mouth.

"A-ahni, Taehyung was just playing around~" I forced a smile and laughed. "You should go to Eunmi before it's too late~"

I pushed him towards her.

"You said you wanted to tell me something oppa," Eunmi asked slightly giving me a glare. I nudged him and he looked at her.

"I-i..." he turned his gaze towards me. I nudge him to continued.

"I-i-," he couldn't say it out. I rolled my eyes and spoke it for him, "Apparently, Jungkook oppa has lost his words. He wants you to be his girlfriend."

"Omo really?!" Eunmi widened her eyes and smiled. Jungkook nodded his head awkwardly while looking at me. I gave him two thumbs up and ran off towards class before my heart could not take it anymore. Now that I think about it. He liked her and I don't ever think I'll get a chance. He doesn't like me like I like him. Eunmi was his love, his life. I'm just a friend and little sister to him. Nothing more was needed in his life than that.