part one

What Started With Wine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungmin almost hated his job, almost. If it wasn't for Henry or Leeteuk he would have quit by now. Then there was the fact that he could use the extra money...His job at the moment was waiting on and bustling tables for snobby rich people. Henry was the live music. He sang in multiple languages and played the violin like a pro. It was a hard job though, people constantly threw requests, and often times before he could even finish half of a song. Then they never acknowledged his talent, his tips weren’t bad though. Leeteuk was the owner of the restaurant. Being fairly rich himself, the people had no effect on him. Many of his friends/acquaintances came to the restaurant with co-workers or family.so it wasn’t so odd that a bright haired Chinese guy and his co-worker/friend of Leeteuk came to eat lunch one day.

“Kyuhyunnie! You finally came, I thought I’d have to drag you over here myself!” Leeteuk smiled at the tall, make that two tall, handsome men standing in the waiting lounge.

Kyuhyun looked very annoyed, to the point that his perfectly styled, curly-brown hair was standing up. ”Yah! Don’t call me that! Plus, I’m only here because ZhouMi dragged me here! So…so don’t feel flattered!”

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun where are your manners!? Respect your hyung or no food for you!” Leeteuk snapped at the younger.

“Don’t mind him Eeteuk-sshi, he’s just hungry,” Kyuhyun’s bright haired coworker apologized with an accent.

“Oh! Kyuhyun, seriously where are your manners!? Introduce your friend to me!” Leeteuk nagged.

“I’m ZhouMi, I work in the same company as Kyuhyun,” ZhouMi smiled and shook Leeteuk’s hand.

“Wow! Such manners! How come you hang around Kyuhyun?” Leeteuk smiled.

“Ah…I-“ZhouMi was interrupted by a screeching sound then complete silence, “What was that?”

Leeteuk turned around to inspect but stopped when he saw a worried Sungmin walking towards him.

“Sungmin?”

“Henry broke a violin string…”Sungmin whispered.

“Ehh…would you two excuse me for a moment…this is important,” Leeteuk glanced at the two then turned back to Sungmin,” Go seat them in the VIP lounge.”

“But Henry-“Sungmin protested.

“I’ll take care of it. Go.” Leeteuk commanded before scurrying off.

Sungmin sighed and turned to the two men.

“Follow me please,” He smiled and grabbed two menu’s from the host table.

Sungmin led the two men through the now quiet restaurant. He noticed how some customers looked unhappy. Someone had actually pulled him aside and asked why the music stopped playing.

“Sorry sir. Our live musician’s violin has broken a string, we kindly ask that you wait so he can fix it.” Sungmin spoke cordially.

He smiled once more to the unhappy customer before bowing and returning to his other customers.

“Please, this way, “Sungmin gestured to a curtained off doorway. He pulled back the curtains and let the other two duck inside first.

Inside the room three long, glass-top, rectangular tables surrounded by black, modern chairs with white cushions faced a small stage on the back wall. Small, identical, crystal chandeliers hug over each table, reflecting on the glass tops. A Sungmin set the two menus on the end of the middle table and pulled back their respective chairs.

“Oh there’s no need to do that! “ZhouMi exclaimed stopping Sungmin from pulling back his chair.

“But sir-“Sungmin tried to find his words but stopped himself, “thank you.” He sincerely smiled at ZhouMi.

“Ah, don’t thank me…”ZhouMi blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Yeah, no one does ‘unnecessary’ things for him. “Kyuhyun sat at his spot and picked up the menu, “His nickname is Gentlemen MiMi…He doesn’t know you do this for a living… How about you get us a bottle of wine. Something smooth and sweet.”Kyuhyn hummed boredly and flipped through the menu.

Sungmin was appalled by Kyuhyun. It definitely wasn’t his job to cater to every single, little need of stuck up, rich people.

“Well are you going to just stand there or are you going to get the wine?” Kyuhyun glanced over Sungmin.

“Kyuhyun!” ZhouMi gasped at his friend’s behavior.

“It will just a moment sir…” Sungmin tried to keep his resentment hidden in his voice, before leaving to the kitchen.

“Kyuhyun! That was rude. ”ZhouMi smacked his friend’s arm.

“Yah! Don’t hit me! And it doesn’t matter. It’s his job, Mi. He’s here to serve us.” Kyuhyun glared at ZhouMi.

“That doesn’t give you the right to be rude…”ZhouMi sighed.

A few minutes later Sungmin returned with a bottle of wine and two glasses. He set them on the table in front of Kyuhyun then turned to ZhouMi,” Is there anything I can do for you, sir?” He asked kindly.

“Ah, could you get me a glass of water? Sorry, but I don’t really drink much.” ZhouMi smiled.

“No problem sir, do you know what you’d like to order?”

“Ah, not yet, but.” ZhouMi picked up his menu for the first time.

“Take your time, “Sungmin smiled then turned to Kyuhyn and frowned,” What do you want?” Sungmin glared at the man.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow at Sungmin’s tone, then glanced to the table and smirked,” The wine’s not right. Get me another.”

It was Sungmin’s turn to raise an eyebrow, both actually,” You haven’t even tried the one I brought.”

“But wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter