Guardian Angel (One-shot)

Guardian Angel

 

“Don’t go, please, I beg you, don’t leave me.” I pleaded, holding onto Kibum’s hand and refusing to let go. “Jinki, you have to understand that this relationship was wrong from the start. I-I never loved you. Just-just let me go.” Kibum sighed. The moment those words reached my ears, I could hear my heart dropping. He-he never loved me? My legs wobbled a little before it gave way. I lost grip of Kibum’s hand and knelt on the floor. “You, you never loved me?” I was afraid to hear the reply, I want to disappear from this world, “Yes, I never did nor will I ever do.” I sank in further and I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks. At that instant, I thought an arrow pierced my heart. It just hurts so much. Why, why did he have to ruin my day, especially on our anniversary. “Why? I thought you loved me. Why did you just have to break up with me today? Why?!” I shouted, my voice cracking a little from the crying. “I admit that I was in love with you when we first got together, however, Jonghyun came back and I got back together with him.” Kibum said. “You cheated on me?!” 

Kibum nodded, “As the matter of fact, I did. I realized that I used you as a replacement for Jonghyun. I am sorry, but you have to move on. Stop crying over me.” 

Replace-replacement? So I was a ing replacement all along. Replacement, replacement, replacement. This word just can’t get out of my mind. Kibum squatted down to my level and gave me a hug before leaving. His sweet scent lingering around for awhile before disappearing. It then hit me. Everything was gone. My perfect life, the reason for me to smile. This house is empty without Kibum in it. I am only left with the beautiful memories we both created.

He meant so much to me. What’s the point of living when is already gone? I might as well just die. Yes, I should. I slowly pushed myself up and laughed bitterly before walking into the kitchen. Where is the lovely knife when I need it? “I guess this will be the end of our tainted love story, yeah? Goodbye world, goodbye, my love.” I then slit the knife deep across my wrist. Ahh, I have never felt that great. Suddenly, there were patches of white everywhere. “Jinki-hyung!” Then I out.

Ugh, where is this place, am I in heaven already? I opened my eyes and saw white surrounding me, I immediately brought my hands to cover my eyes as it was too bright. “Doctor, how is Jinki hyung?” Wait, that voice is so familiar. I opened my eyes once again and strained it to see who was the one who was talking. Oh its Taemin. Did he save me? How did he save me? Oh right, he had the keys to my house. “Why?” I softly said after the doctor left. 

“What do you mean by why?” Taemin said in his ever-soft voice.

“Why didn’t you just let me die? Why Taemin? Why?!” I almost screamed at him.

“Hyung! Its just not worth dying for that jerk! Don’t you understand that there are people in this world who loves you? Why don’t you understand that?!” Taemin said, almost breaking down.

“He is not a jerk! He meant the world to me! Besides, who the would be so stupid to fall in love with me?” I replied in a harsh tone. 

“I am the stupid one, hyung.” Taemin replied almost immediately and his tears glistened in the lights.

I didn’t reply. An awkward silence fell in the room. Ugh, my life. Why do I hurt the one who adore me and adore the one who hurt me? everything. 

“Hyung, I have to go to school now. I will see you later all right?” Taemin broke the silence and glanced at his watch before leaving the room.

I hmm-ed as a reply. My eyes followed him till he left the room. I then heaved a sigh of relief. I am so glad I don’t have to face him. Besides, it is kinda weird to face someone who just confessed to you but you indirectly rejected him right? But seriously, how long has this thing been going on? Talking about that, I wonder how is Kibum doing? Is he happy? I bet he is happy without me. He has his Jonghyun anyways. Look at me, I am so pathetic over here. I shall sneak out for some fresh air.

I got dressed quickly and was very careful not to worsen the pain on my wrist. I sneaked my way out and when I finally got out, I breathed in the fresh air. I then walked to the park Kibum and I always went. Memories of us in the park flooded my mind. Isn’t that Kibum? I then looked at the other guy he was clinging onto closely. That-that-that’s Jonghyun right? I watched as they whispered sweet nothings into each other’s ear and giggled. They then stopped abruptly and kissed. Damn, I can hear my heart shattering. It hurts so freaking bad. I can’t take it anymore. 

I ran all the way home. I am so stupid. Why am I still hoping that he still loves me? The teeny weeny hope that he still thinks about me. Looking at them just tells me that he was over me. And had forgotten all about me. It was as if our relationship never existed. I continued running as tears streamed down my face. I ran all the way home and unlocked the door. This house is filled with bittersweet memories of Kibum and I. I then walked up to our previously shared room, took up the pillow Kibum slept on and breathed in the scent of it. Ahh, the sweet strawberry scent that is so familiar. I hugged the pillow and pulled open the drawer. Looking at the bottle of sleeping pills, I opened it and poured all the contents out. I then took my phone and typed something. Pouring all the pills into my mouth, I tried swallowing it all with my saliva. 

“It’s the end. Goodbye.”

End of POV

Kibum’s POV

“Sweety, have a bite of that ice cream!” Jonghyun said and I smiled before opening my mouth.
“Hello, hello~” my phone rang as I pulled it out from my pocket thinking who would message me at this time. 

“Hi Kibummie, I know you wouldn’t care but please continue to read on, all right? I promise I wouldn’t disturb you anymore after this. I wish you all the best with Jonghyun. I guess this will be the end of our tainted love story yeah? Its okay, I hope to see you in our next life, but till then, I just hope you would love me the way I love you. Just remember, no matter where you are, I would always love you. I promise to watch over you, always keeping you safe from danger. I will be the guardian angel you always wished for, to be there for you when you need me. Goodbye Bummie, see you in our next life, I just hope that, in our next life, we would be a couple, but this time, no one would be able to break us apart. Saranghamnida. With love, Jinki.”

“J-j-jinki.” My hands were frozen. “Jinki, NOOOO!” Before I knew it, I ran out of the ice-cream stall.

Just then, it hit on me. Jinki was the one I had always loved. Why was I so stupid to let go of this relationship. WHY?! 

“Jinki, saranghamnida.” 

End of POV

If you are ever alone and need someone to be there with you, I would be there, right next to you, even though you can’t see me.
If you ever need to cry, I would be there to lend you my shoulders and comfort you even though you cannot hear me.
If you ever need a hug, I would be your teddy bear, except that I would hug you back, even though you cannot feel it.
And if you need me, just think of me and I would be there, even though I know there will be someone else doing all those things for you.

Because, not all fairytales have a happy ending.