Summer Scent

Autumn Cry

Instead of you, to whom else should I give this love to?

 

Victoria wakes from her sleep, and the first thing she is staring at is the digital clock on the table. It's 8.45 on the morning, and the hummingbirds hum happily outside her room. Victoria tenses her body, and she finally wakes from her lying position. Every Saturday, they didn't go to the company, so did the other employees.

Saturday is the laziest day of a week, and the most lazy person in this house goes to Jinri, since she doesn't even go out from her room all day.

Nobody knows what she is doing inside, and nobody knows if she is inside or not. Victoria ruffles her long caramel hair and walks out from her room, still in her pajamas. Her room is on the first floor, while Jinri and the elders are on the second floor.

She walks on the long hall, and finally reaches the dining room. Her eyes widen in disbelief, when she sees Jinri is already sitting on the dining table, enjoying her breakfast.

She wears a soft pink dress, with no sleeves and her bare shoulder are shown out, though her short red hair covering it. A black belt with a silver butterfly circling around her perfect curved waist. It's not like she has a good choice on fashion, but everything would matches her body.

Victoria freezes on the spot, and the memory of the previous event last night replays on her mind, reminds her that Jinri would go with her soon-to-be fiancee. "Miss Victoria, would you want some breakfast too? We also have tomato preserves for the dessert, or would you like some brioche?" Victoria lifts her head and she one house maid offers her a sweet smile.

"Yes, please." Victoria then says, as she takes her seat beside Jinri, and at the edge of her eyes, she can see her face turns into the annoyed one. The older then eats her food in silent, while Jinri tries to look away as often as she can.

"You dressed well, do you excited for today?" Finally the annoying question comes from Victoria, and Jinri blinks in exasperated. Why should she asked such a thing? Jinri is actually unsure about the answer too.

"It's not your bussines." Jinri then says, as she sends a spoon full of tomato preserves into , she enjoys the dessert at the very least. Victoria stares at her, frowned at her manner.

How could she act like that? That's not so ladylike.

The two young adults lifts their head up when they hear someone is descending the stairs. Mr. Choi has went for business trip to Busan, so that would only be Mrs. Choi or the housemaid. And when they see Mrs. Choi old figure, they both rise on their feet to help her descending the stairs.

She has reumatic, and when morning comes, the pain is growing. That's why she needs someone to support her walks.

"Mother, you better lying on the bed." Jinri says, and she gently pats her mother back. Mrs. Choi looks up in happines.

"Oh, my lovely and only daugther, Jinri! You look so adorable!" She raises an arm an pinches Jinri's cheek, making her pouts a little. Meanwhile Victoria, she watches them with rage inside of her mind, though nobody knows why does her mood turns down whenever Jinri and her mother are nice to each other.

"You're excited for today, aren't you?" The old woman says, and Jinri groans inwardly. "No, I am not! It's just a simple date, and on the other hand, I got your card. I don't want to pass this opportunity." She then says, and her mother smiles.

"You will got a dozens of that card if you marry with him." Such an insensitive words come out from Mrs. Choi, and Jinri gulps nervously. Do her parents really serious about the marriage? "Oops, it's about the time, Jinri. You should go if you don't want to come late." Mrs. Choi then says, as she offers the Chanel bag to her hand. Jinri slightly smiles and says thank you before she walks away from the dining room.

Mrs. Choi turns her head into Victoria after her daughter went off. "Victoria, you should go as well. Don't only lazing in your room." After finishing that cold sentences, the older walks to the garden, when she usually spend her time to watering her precious flowers. Victoria ashamed, she looks down to the floor with her fists clenched.

Why always me?

*

After a month full of heavy rains, summer would come to Seoul's sky. On summer, you could do anything under the sunny sky, and there are many festivals too. That's why summer is a long-awaited season for most people, but it's different for Chanyeol. He has always been and will always be different from the others.

Since he is so little, he doesn't like summer. The weather, the feelings, the heathwinds... Just wondering about it already giving him a headache.

The sun will rises so early and sinks lately, it would infect his skin and heathening his blood, making his blood gone bad. Summer is a rather difficult time to pass for him, especially he fell into his parents trick about marriage. And he predicts that this year would be the most displeasure summer for himself.

He sits behind his desk for the past 3 hours, head leans to one of his palms while trying to focus to finishing his works. Just when his fingers touch his laptop's keyboard, his cellphone rings beside it. A sign that there's a new message on his inbox.

"Baekhyun?" He raises an eyebrow as he opens the message. He slowly read it and his eyes blink a while in confusion.

Silly, weren't you supposed to go on a date? Your car is still on the garage, did you take a bus instead?

Date? Chanyeol suddenly remembers what his parents told him last night, that he would go on a date with the Choi heirs. He rises on his feet and hurriedly prepare himself. He chooses his favorite navy jacket with a simple white shirt and his blue jeans.

He notices his red cap and subconsciously grabs it and take it together with him. He groans in displeasure when he sees the clock.

It's already 10. He now clearly remembers his parents told him that she will wait at the Apgeujong shopping area around 9. It's already a damned hour late...

He jogs descending the stairs and get inside of his car. It's not like he is anticipating the date or whatnot, but he can't keep her just waiting there. He starts the engine and unpatiently wait until it gets hotter, so he could drives off from his house.

Blame the sky, it's saturday. Everyone is going out to enjoy the sunny day and he trapped in the traffic jam for about twenty minutes. It also took ten minutes to search a place to parks his car, before he could finally gets off from his car and jogs around the shopping area to search for her figure.

Nevermind the young girls that squealing after seeing him, he just wants to meet her. The young woman named Choi Jinri.

Luckily, it's not that hard to find her, she is standing infront of a shop, leaning against the white wall while looks up to the sky. Letting the naughty warm wind to plays with her short red hair. Chanyeol dazzled by her figure, her pale skin, her pink lips. He thought he just stared into a manequine, but then he realised, Jinri is nothing but also a human.

She slowly turns her head into his direction, and their stares collide.

Chanyeol walks approaching her, at first he hesitated, but well, at least he tried. When he wants to give her a warm-hello, she suddenly barks into him.

"Why are you so late? You wasted my time!" She yells into him, infront of many people. Chanyeol does feel guilty because he makes her wait, but at least he has tried. Why can't she sees his efforts? Chanyeol sighs, he is the one that is wrong here, and he doesn't want her to understand too.

"I'm kind of busy back then..." He then says, not wanting to deffending himself, it was the thing that popped inside of his mind first.

"Do you think I'm less busier than you?" She coldly says, with her sharp glance.

Chanyeol groans inwardly.

Wrong again...

She stares at Chanyeol a while before start walking first, leave him standing behind. Chanyeol sighs as he shoved his hands into his pocket, he follows her from behind.

As expected from women, they did bought a lot of things when shopping, either it's important or no. Chanyeol follows her entering many shops and buy anything she likes. "Women are scary." He tells himself as he watches the amounts of her shopping bags. Up there, the sun is rolling like a sunkist, and finally, Jinri gets the effect for its heath. She suddenly feels dizzy, like never before.

"Gee, It must be because I waited for him under the sun." She sighs as she glance hatefully into Chanyeol who is busy with his cellphone. She doesn't feel good, and the things inside her head spinning like a merry-go-round.

Chanyeol recgonizes it then, after he sees her pace getting slower. Indeed, it's too hot outside, plus she has been waiting for him before they could shopping around.

Chanyeol still follows her, but he is not intending to offer her a help, he just wants to know, why doesn't she ask him for a help?

She is at her peak, her body is trembling, and the cold sweat runs down her face until it reaches her chin. She almost fell to the hard ground when she feels someone lifts her body up, with an ease. He also took her shopping bags with him already.

"You sure are stubborn." He sighs and then, the man gently lifts her skinny body on his arms, carrying her in the... Bridal style. Jinri widens her eyes in shock, no, mostly in ashamed, because the giant lifts her body in bridal style infront of many people.

He makes an eyecontact with her, and with a boyish grin, he says;

"don't worry, I will take you to my car like this. The parking area is far but that's okay."

She blinks in shock after seeing his childish smile, but then she shakes her head immediately "H-Hey, it's okay. I can walk by myself." She says as she tries to get off from his carry, but suddenly, Chanyeol lifts her body higher, makes the woman screams like a scared kitten and she automatically circling her arms around his neck, while her head is buried at the place between his board shoulder.

happens, her scream did make the others turn their heads into them and slightly blushed seeing the oh-so-romantic event infront of them now. Jinri is so ashamed, she can't even pulls her head again right now. She has no face again after that cute scream of hers. She tightening her arms around of his shoulder and whispers maliciously to him.

"I swear I will choke you to death if you don't take me away from this place as soon as your damned feet can!"

He chuckles lightly and walks confidently through the people, with a skinny woman on his arms.

"How many faces do you have? After that cute scream you still could saying things coldly like that?" He teases her, though she can't scanning his words properly. The reason because she feels so awkward with the very close distance between them, and second, his heavy voice sound clearer here, and it sounds so manly. She tries to calm herself by breaths the air, but unfortunately, his fragrance meddling with the air she breaths, intoxicating her more.

"Park Chanyeol, you damned little thing." She whispers inwardly.

She is too embarrassed now, and she wisely decides to close her eyes and enjoying his scent. Even his scent is more fresher than the summer's scent, it's like a menthol, her favourite scent ever. He walks towards the parking area, while carrying her on his arms.

 

 

 

----

Well...

It's supposed to be an angst ;A; I'm at meddling it with romance ;A; does my feeling towards Chanlli is too big? /slapped/

Anyways, comments are welcomed ^o^ stay healthy until the next updates!

24/10/13