Empty

Fany's Celeb Fanboys [One-Shot Series]

Taeyang's world came crumbling down when his supposedly happiest day became the day he wanted to forget the most.

 

He remembered the day that made his stomach churn, the day of his wedding. 

 

He was more than ready to marry the girl that made his world upside-down, in a good way. The night before the wedding, he can't help but feel nervous and excited at the same time. Only a couple of hours to go and he'll be lawfully married to his girl. He can't possibly sleep with all the excitement building up, can he? He tossed restlessy on his bed and before he knew it, the dawn broke over the beautiful valley on his window. He can hear his parents talking about how excited they were. They were so excited to extend their family more since his brother married.

 

He abruptly stood up making his side table shake. He manage to stop the portrait - his and hers - from falling. He let out a sigh of relief. He doesn't really believe in superstitions about bad luck or death with the falling of a picture frame. He certainly believe that whoever made this into superstition have nothing better to do. But since it's his wedding day, believing it won't hurt.

 

He glanced at the side table, it's past six. He ate breakfast and showered for good one hour, making sure he is sparkling clean. He grabbed his suit. Since his soon-to-be wife is a monochrome freak, he chose to wear the "monochromatic" look. He buttoned his pristine and neatly pressed white dress shirt. He checked if the spread collar was pressed down before buttoning the portofino cuff. He looked at the mirror and inspected his windsor knotted tie before buttoning his suit.. He brushed his mohawk hair before adding a little wax. He grabbed the chronograph watch that his girlfriend-slash-soon-to-be-wife gave him. She chose to wear sneakers because she said she's unique, so, he looked for his white and black Adidas Originals that he bought only for this special occasion. He glanced at the mirror, he smiled, he looked dashing.

 

He stood nervously at the altar, almost shaking, good thing that his brother was there. But his brother was dressed casually. He asked why he isn't wearing a suit, he said it was his wedding, but his brother only shrugged. He looked around and was relieved that the seats was half-full. They were seated, smiling, he wasn't sure if they were mocking him with their smiles or something. He smiled, showing his glowing eyesmile. The priest was walking towards him and he felt his heartbeat falter.

 

"Is there anything wrong?" he asked.

 

"Son, you should not torture yourself," the priest answered.

 

Perplexed, he looked at his brother who is saying sorry for the inconvinience before pulling him towards the exit of the church.

 

"Hey, bro, is there something wrong? My wedding will soon start."

 

"Youngbae, cut this crap," his brother answered, his eyebrows furrowed.

 

"What? Tiffany will soon be here, release my arm right now."

 

His brother loosened his grip from his arm but didn't released it, "You see, Youngbae, there will be no wedding."

 

"What? What are you saying?"

 

"I am saying, there is no point of dressing up because there will be no wedding. Youngbae, Tiffany died over a year ago, I don't know why you're being delusional. Stop this crap. Our parents are starting to worry. They talked earlier about this day being Tiffany's death anniversary and called me. Please, Youngbae, let's go home," he pleaded.

 

"What are you saying? Tiffany will be here in less than an hour. Please, don't make my wedding miserable. She promised that she'll marry me. And she will," the tears came flooding from his eyes, "She promised and she never broke her promise. You see this," slightly raised his hand to show the worn out chronograph watch, "She gave me this and promised that as long as this watch still works, she'll never break her promise."

 

Tiffany died six years ago, but he can feel the pain of being alone, of being empty. His eyes were glassy and it's only a matter of time before he will be weeping. He now remembered what her last words were. You can't fly with a broken wings; you can't fall in love again when your heart is broken. I set you free, Bae. Make yourself happy with someone that will be with you until your last breaths. His tears threatened to fall but he let himself bawl himself out. 

 

Many people said that he should forget Tiffany and let her soul rest in peace. But how can he forget when there is such an empty space when she's gone?

 

Hell is empty at the moment because all devils are apparently surrounding him, taunting him. "I just want to be where you are," he murmured.

----

 

Taeyang's brother decided to visit Taeyang in the hospital his in - psychiatric hospital. Since Tiffany died six years ago, his brother became delusional. Imagining that on the day of Tiffany's death anniversary, they will be wedded. He shook his head when the nurse that attended Taeyang - his wife - shook her head and looked down to hide the sadness in her eyes.

 

"Taeyang had another dream, he went hysterical, wanting to go to the church. We let him go to the nearest church, but on the way there, he had a heart attack," she explained.

 

He shook his head, remembering his brother's last words to him - which was five years ago, in his supposedly wedding of the year. As long as this watch still works, she'll never break her promise. That watch never worked.

 


Chapter Poster: A million thanks to gray-- :)