Words of Love

Ai Kotoba

 

Yunho and Jaejoong were friends even way back. Although they was a time their friendship was almost jeopardized.

 

"Yunho , I loved you for awhile now , please accept my heart"

"I'm sorry but I do not feel the same, you're a great friend"

Jaejoong could hear his heart shattering and wondered if Yunho could hear it too.

 

....

Gone were the days of the inseparable Yunho and Jaejoong. Gone were the days when Jaejoong's face would shine when he sees Yunho and gone were the days when Yunho answered that smile with a charming smile of his own.

 

Jaejoong is stuck reminiscing and regretting his decision to confess. Drowning with self loathing and unnecessary depression, so after he realized that he'd rather die than be apart from his bestfriend he decided to repress this feeling and go back to the times that all is carefree and he was contented for being in Yunho's side.

 

Eventually they started talking again like nothing happened and in no time best buds again. Jaejoong repressed and tried so hard to hide and maybe let go of his feelings that he'd find himself egging Yunho to ask out the girl he's been crushing on. Gritting his teeth and sending his reluctant bestfriend with a fake smile.

 

Only breaking down after Yunho had walked away.

 

Weeks and weeks of mundane courting of Yunho to the girl he’s crushing on and Jaejoong was so sure that he would not experience anything greater than this pain. The pain of watching your beloved loving someone else and indirectly casting you aside.

"Sorry Jaejoong, Ara and I are meeting after school. Let's hangout another time"

"Oh, were having lunch together, some other time then?"

 

Jaejoong reminded himself of his resolve. That his bestfriend's happiness is what's more important than his.

 

But their friendship is once again falling apart as Yunho is always with his girlfriend and Jaejoong although still hurting is now getting close with another group of friends , particularly , Changmin their used-to-be sworn enemy and Yunho had not been too happy with it.

 

"why are you hanging out with them? Especially Changmin? You remember him? Our enemy. The jerk who made you cry not to long ago?"

"speak for yourself" Jaejoong muttered in a small voice.

" what?"

" I said that I am not as naive as before and will not let myself cry again for someone as insensitive and block headed. "

Then Jaejoong walked away and Yunho is so sure that he wasn't just talking about Changmin

....

Yunho had been having a ty week after that talk with Jaejoong. He was confused with a lot of things and seeing Jaejoong and Changmin getting chummy with each other is not helping his confusion. Whenever he sees them together there is a hardening of his chest and he wonders if choosing his reputation over the happiness of his bestfriend was worth it.

 

....

It's Christmas and Jaejoong thinks he's finally getting better. All those talks with Changmin had helped tending of his broken heart. Changmin had said sorry for all the things he had done before and comforted him when the hurting in his chest gets little uncontrollable. Jaejoong have convinced himself that neither him nor Yunho was at fault, they were just merely victims of unfortunate play of fate. He have decided to once and for all let go of the feelings he had for Yunho. That's the reason why he is now right here where they first met. The very park were Yunho had found him crying for his skinned knees. The very tree where they swore the pact of friendship.

Jaejoong stood alone in front of a giant tree in an empty park. Tracing the carving ' Yunho & Jaejoong Friends for eternity ' Tears falling down his face to his scarf which was the one Yunho had given him the very day they meet. Letting out a muffled sob.

" please let him be happy with his life, even though I won't be with him physically. Even though I had let this stupid love get between our friendship. Let this be a reminder to him that our friendship Is , Was , and will be forever true. This would be the last time I would be saying this.. I love you Yunho"

As he tries to untangle his scarf to put it down the tree, his hand is stopped by sobbing Yunho behind him. He is hugged by Yunho as the man continues to cry.

 

" No! Don't ever say that you're leaving me. Don't say I love you for the last time. LOVE me and never leave me. Love the selfish and stupid me who's too late to say that I love you too. I'm sorry for all the hurt that pain that you had to go through because of me. All the pain and sufferring. All the lost time. I'll make up for it all. Just please don't leave. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you so much"

 

As Yunho continues to cry on his back, Jaejoong is astonished and glued to his spot. As he takes in all Yunho had said his face unconsciously lets out smile. Still sobbing. Jaejoong turns around to face the man who had inflicted him much pain but also made him so happy. He takes in the glassy eyes of his beloved as he wipes away his tears and kisses his forehead.

" I love you Yunho"

And finally his love stopped crying and stares at his face with surprise.

" I love you, so never let me go again."

"I love you so much, forever"

And their promise is sealed with a kiss under the tree who had been a witness to the milestones of their love.

On a snowy winter afternoon in December Yunho and Jaejoong finally let go of all the worries and loved freely, for eternity.