Affreux (Prologue)

Portal of Life

I live in a corrupted world. A world filled with lies and treachery. Of evil and injustice. Anything that's horrible - that's exactly how the world I live in is like. And yet, no one tries to do anything. No one helps, no one contributes goodness. Everyone's the same. Selfish. Insolent. Vulgar. 

I can't even accept as true that I was born in this world. Gray, smoky skies and old, ruined buildings greet you everyday. That's my world, -Neolitan. Nothing varies. It's the same every single day. People walking around sneering, mocking, hating. Negatively living life -that's what most people do here. I might not be pure, but I know I don't share the same lust as everyone else. 

Lust for money. For fame. For extravagance.

What do I lust for? I lust for freedom. I lust for a change. To be able to get away from this corrupted place. That's what I aspire for. 

But will I be able to get what I lust for? Will I ? It seems highly unlikely. But I still have hope. At least a tiny flicker of it. 

I believe I have a chance to get what I want. I believe. And I will believe until the end. 

This trait of mine, is what I'm proud of. Something that separates me and the people in Neolitan. Positiveness. 

All because normal sane Neolitan citizens are negative people living a negative life and I am an insane person because I'm the only one who's positive in the whole of Neolitan, it seems.

I yearn to be able to always have positiveness in me because being like a normal Neolitan citizen like . 

And I mean it. 

-

Affreux means horrible in French ;3 Heehee...I aim to put foreign words for the chapters' name for this story. :D Please support! Cheers! 

-A