Meeting

Don't Look or it Takes You

 

So do you know anything about this Miss Ko?”

 

Michelle stared at the reporter who was trying to get answers about the mysterious murder that had happened last night. The body of a dead man had been taped on the front door for an unknown reason. His body had seemed to be ripped apart like some wild animal had used him as some chewing toy. By the time they saw the dead man taped to the front door, the police had already came.

 

No,” Michelle said firmly. “I don't.”

 

The reporter looked disappointed then started talking with Michelle's brother about the incident. Michelle sighed with annoyance and went back to the kitchen to finish her breakfast.

 

Michelle's mother was busy cooking for her brother and Michelle and when she spotted Michelle, she gave her a soft smile. “Crazy night it has been, hasn't it?”

 

Yeah. I'll probably be asked nonstop about it at school.” Michelle groaned. Her school was known for gossip and she knew that people had already spread the word.

 

Michelle finished the last of her breakfast and took the lunch her mom had packed her. “I'm leaving now,” She told her mom as she went towards the back door to put on her shoes. “I'm going through the back.”

 

Have fun,” her mother said with a smile.

 

Stay safe,” Michelle pointed at her mother sternly. “Don't do anything that will worry Oppa and I.”

 

Her mother left and Michelle rolled her eyes with a smile and left.

 

At school, her friends and people she didn't know ran up to her, asking a bunch of questions. She quickly brushed them away and ran off to her class, closing the door behind her.

 

No one was inside except for her teacher Mr. Nam. He was a weird teacher, a gentleman yet had a mysterious presence that shrouded around him. Michelle had never seen him not wear necktie and a white shirt. He always dressed proper in the same clothes.

 

Morning Mr. Nam,” Michelle said as she walked towards her seat.

 

Mr. Nam look up from his book from his desk and nodded at her. “Ah you're early. Nobody usually comes in at this time.”

 

I needed...some space,” Michelle responded quietly, setting her bag down and pulled out her notebooks and pencils.

 

Mr. Nam chuckled. “I see. Well I'm going to go and get some coffee. I'll give you some space for a while before school starts.”

 

Oh,” Michelle said, feeling a little dumb for saying what she had said. “Thank you.”

 

Mr. Nam just smiled and walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Michelle sighed.

 

Suddenly, the door flung open. A boy Michelle's age came into the class room holding hands with an upperclassman girl who looked very beautiful. They were talking and something that the boy had said made the girl laugh, a very annoying laugh. Both of them walked inside the classroom and the boy sat on his seat, with the upperclassman sitting on his desk. They didn't even acknowledge Michelle.

 

Then, Michelle met eye contact with the girl accidentally and quickly looked away.

 

What's your name?” The upperclassman girl asked, walking up to Michelle. “You're in my Senshine's class right?”

 

Michelle looked at the girl, confused. “Who?” Then she saw the boy flush bright red and he face palmed his face.

 

Yah Eun Gi,” the boy muttered embarrassed. “Don't call me that.” The girl just laughed at him.

 

I'm Michelle,” Michelle told her.

 

The girl nodded and smiled at Michelle. The girl had a nice face and she had very beautiful eyes. Her hair was curled and she smelled like sweet scented perfume. “I'm Eun Gi. I'm in class 3B.”

 

Then the bell rang.

 

Eun Gi looked at Michelle and waved at her. “See you around!” She waved goodbye to the boy and left the classroom.

 

Michelle watched as people began pouring into her classroom. Some of them went up to her and asked if the incident that had happened last night was true and if she got hurt. Michelle gave them short answers, annoyed at the fact that so many people were asking her questions. Her eyes moved across the room and saw the boy who was with the upperclassman girl, sitting on his desk, talking to a couple girls who looked like they liked him. Michelle began observing him.

 

He was sort of handsome she had to admit. His name was Sehun and he hung out with the school's Kpop band called Exo. They were pretty famous and so Michelle's school got lots of attention. But something about him made Michelle suspicious and even strange. Like he was hiding something.

 

After lunch, Michelle sat with her friends and ate lunch quietly while they chatted away. She then spotted Sehun holding hands with the upperclassman girl again. They were talking and he seemed lively yet he seemed sad.

 

Michelle got out of her seat and walked out of the classroom. There was something about him that she had to ask. Although she didn't like talking to boys much, she knew that it was something important.

 

Quickly, Michelle ran after the direction where Sehun and the upperclassman walked. She searched for him inside the classrooms and outside, but she couldn't find him.

 

Damn where is he?” Michelle cursed as she ran back inside the school. She needed to find him and ask him. If she didn't do it now it would be too late. She just had to--

 

--OOF!”

 

Michelle had ran smack into someone. “Oww..” Michelle rubbed her nose.

 

Woah you alright?” The person she smacked into asked.

 

Y-yeah sorry I ran into you,” Michelle quickly apologized then she looked up. It was a boy she had never seen before. And she was super close to him.

 

Sorry about that,” The guy apologized. “I wasn't looking where I was going to.” He backed away from her and looked around. He seemed to be a bit lost.

 

A-Are you looking for something?” Michelle asked without thinking.

 

The boy looked at her with a nod. “Yeah I'm looking for someone. His room number is 3A or something like that. I'm supposed to meet him.”

 

Oh! That's my class,” Michelle said. “I can take you there.”

 

Oh really? Thanks.” The guy said with a nod. “By the way I'm Daehyun.” He added a small smile after he said his name, thinking Michelle was supposed to know who he was.

 

Michelle nodded and smiled back at him, disappointing Daehyun a bit. “I'm Michelle.”

 

Michelle.” Daehyun said, saying her name slow and easy. “that's a nice name.”

 

Michelle began to blush she turned away.

 

The beating in her heart couldn't stop. For the first time in her life, she felt her heart flutter.