i/i

Alone

There's times when Park Chanyeol feels very much alone. 

These times he lies in bed with a blank expression. A million and one thoughts attack his brain at once. He wishes he could stay like that an eternity. 

But classes are early.

It could be the fact that he's never fit in anywhere. He likes to drift from group to group, making acquaintances but not quite friends. It's hard for him to understand when he's always nice and offers a warm smile to everyone. 

Chanyeol feels that he's done something wrong when the closest he's got to a friend is Kim Jongdae. Kim Jongdae is ridiculously obnoxious and Chanyeol is the only one who tolerates his banter. If Kim Jongdae actually let Chanyeol contribute to their conversations they'd be friends.

On mornings where solitude hurts Chanyeol the most, he wants to stay in bed. 

But if he stays no one will miss him in lecture. No one will look for him during break. No one will call him to make sure he's okay.

It eats Chanyeol up; he yearns for a friend. 

It's pathetic to struggle like this during college. It makes Chanyeol feel small when he's, really, taller than most of his third year class. 

Chanyeol cries sometimes when it becomes unbearable. He's got no one to complain to about midterms or finals. He locks himself up in the bathroom (even though there's no one around to see him) and he'll sob into the towels. He falls asleep with his head on the edge of the bathtub then wakes up with a sore neck and a sour mood.

It's a pity that no one notices Chanyeol's solace. A grimace of Chanyeol's is easily forgotten when he beams reassuringly.

Sadly, Chanyeol forgets he's lonely too out of novelty.