Treasure

Treasure

"Why are you crying?" Nakhun raises his arms up around Hongbin's shoulders as he feels the younger's hands curled around his waist, trying so hard not to cry out loud.

 

It took a while for Hongbin to calm down, his head feels heavy and his face is burnt. He slowly lets go of Nakhun and furiously wipes the tears off with his face facing the ground. The memories run by so fast in his head, remind him of the good times they had, Nakhun hyung was such a great great person.

 

He bows, almost shouting with a shaky voice "I had great times with you Nakhun hyung. Please take care. And please don't give up on your dream, please." Nakhun's hands are set on his shoulders "Thank you Hongbin ah. You are a good dongsaeng. And I won't give up yet.". Hongbin feels his tears creeping up again, he mumbles a small "Thanks" before running away to a place where he can cry without anybody judging.

 

"Wonshik ah! I think Hongbin is crying." Somebody says loud enough for only Ravi to hear.

 

Ravi looks around frantically before heading to the direction Nakhun points at. "Not again..." Ravi releases a worried sigh as he runs to the restroom. He searches the stalls and finally finds his friend in the last one. He moves quietly, softly sighs as he hears faint sobbing and Hongbin's mom's voice through the phone. "Hongbin ah.. Life is a journey, you say good bye to this person, and then greeted by someone else." The words Hongbin's mom is speaking, somehow similar to the words Ravi wants to say out loud right now, and that, he wants to be that new person who will listen to his worries and hug him tight.

 

Hongbin sobs louder, the tears flow nonstop and he doesn't even bother to wipe them off. He hung up on his mom. He can't bear to hear anymore, he doesn't want anybody else to replace Nakhun hyung, nobody can.

 

Ravi doesn't hear the voice of Hongbin's mom anymore, so he assumes that they ended the call. Hongbin still cries, he just want to open the door and hug him tight, assures him that he won't be alone as he was always afraid. But-- he doesn't think he can do it, Hongbin can fall softly into his arms, or he can urgently run outside due to embarrassment. He never cries in front of anyone except for his grandma and his mom. Ravi knocks on the door instead, "Hongbin ah, are you sick? Y-you're coughing a lot. Uhh... We need to be out there. So... Hurry up. Okay?" He speaks with the most gentle voice he can manage. He immediately leaves after Hongbin chokes out a sound, telling that he got the information.

 

Hongbin then returns with red eyes and a caught up throat. Nobody questions anything, they don't know what Ravi would do if Hongbin cries again. They hold his hand instead, give it a light squeeze. Ravi smiles to him, wishing his friend would give him the same smile with genuineness, not a forced one. Hongbin holds on his arm instead, his face turns to the director to hear instructions. Ravi leans more in, welcomes the touch. He is grateful. Maybe he is someone in Hongbin's life after all?

 

Ravi tells himself to pay extra care for Hongbin, even more than he always did. He will talk to Nakhun hyung before he leaves, so he can thank him for being such a great hyung and sunbae, and also ask him about the worries Hongbin had. He wants to be Hongbin's favorite 'hyung' too. He wants Hongbin to think about him as someone who is mature and trustworthy enough to lean on, not just an old-looking same-aged friend. He definitely will try. He promises himself with tightly clenched fists and tensed arms, only to be slightly pat by Hongbin on his side with an worried expression on his face. He wakes up from his daze, smiles as he raises his hand to pet Hongbin's face. He promises to treasure Hongbin even more than he always did.