Notes

Notes - JB

Dances never really interested you, it wasn’t that you didn’t like dancing it was just that nobody that you knew or liked was there. Also you thought that it was the guy’s responsibility to invite you to one of the more formal dances. Opening up your backpack up in your first class you found a note slipped between one of your textbook’s pages. Breaking the seal of the envelope you found a sweet letter inside of the envelope as well as an invitation to the dance.

I will take care of everything, just please come and join me at the dance.

Not knowing how you were going to do this, you didn’t even know who sent this. The next class you walked into you found a note on the desk with your name written on it. Opening this envelope you read it quickly.

I know you don’t know who this is or if you want to go. I promise if you will go it will be worth your while. I will reveal myself at the dance. Please I don’t want to be alone.

The last sentence hit you as you knew that being alone was never fun. Making up your mind you focused on the rest of the classes that you went to for the rest of the day.

How were these High school dances? You thought as you wandered through the halls leaving the building for the day.

Receiving several notes throughout the week he had given you hints on what to expect and to boost your confidence. The night was rapidly approaching as you choose a blue dress with some sequence that happened to be very tasteful. Pulling your hair into a ponytail you curled your ends and had your older sister help you with the minimal makeup that you had on.

Walking through the stuffy school you walked to the back of the school where they had lights strung over the whole outdoor basketball court with a DJ on a table and strobe lights as well as other lights and smoke. Slowly walking around the perimeter of the court you knew that the only reason that you were here was because of the mysterious guy. Several songs passed as you just stood on the side watching everyone else have fun. The blaring lights dropped as a single light helped illuminate the disco ball as a guy walked over to you.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked as you took his outreached hand and nodded slowly, in shock that a guy would want to dance with you. Leading you out to the center of the dance floor he gently twirled you around before you rested with his arms around you. Most of the song had passed and neither one of you had said a word.

"I knew that you wouldn’t leave me alone." His voice was comforting but edgy as you smiled, biting your lip. "Thank you for coming and for looking incredibly breathtaking. I am sorry for not revealing myself to you earlier but I thought if you knew who I was, you wouldn’t come." He said as he swayed back and forth with you. No words came to your mind as he knew you all too well. Enjoying the slow dance with him, you wrapped your arms loosely around his neck as both of his hands gently sat on your hips as another slow song played directly after it. Neither of you breaking to dance with another person, but instead being perfectly content with each other.