Who You?

Ride Or Die
Baby I love you, I say this but I don’t feel good at all

I want you I need you, I sing but I don’t know why I feel bad, who you?

Congratulations, you already are meeting someone new

I hope it works out, althought it’s a bit early

If you’re happy, that’s all I want

But I keep getting angry, baby who you?

Baby I just want you back...

I want you back, I want you back...

Baby I know it's just too late,

 

Just too late... Just too late...

 

 

"KAMSAHAMNIDA!" the girls bowed eagerly to all the back up dancers as the others did the same after their rehearsal for tomorrow's KBS Broadcast Awards. They were invited to perform as the opening act and they were greatly honored for it.

 

"Good job everyone, see you tomorrow." CL said as she grabbed her duffel bag and worked her way to the shower room.

 

"Hey girls, aren't you gonna take a shower yet?" she asked until she noticed Dara's silence once more.

 

"Unnie, yah! Are you alright?"she asked the girl and she finally earned a nod as a reply.

 

Bom on the other hand has been observing the girl all day and her bestfriend's behaviour somehow made her worry. Instead of asking her, she decided to pester the girl until she spills it all out to her.

 

"Bom unnie, Dara unnie, we'll go ahead neh? See you inside the van!" Minzy told them in a sing-song manner making the two unnies simply nod.

 

As soon as the everyone's out, Bom quickly sat beside Dara and poked her waist.

 

"Yah, what's wrong with you? You think I won't notice?" she began but instead, she was rewarded with a deep sigh.

 

"What the hell... Yah Darong, did you and Jiyong fight again huh? How come? I thought---"

 

"He said his mom wants to see me." Dara cut her off. "He said she's inviting me to come over dinner."

 

"OMG then that's good! What's with that face?"

 

"Bommie-ah..."

 

"Hmm..."

"I'm afraid Jiyong is already falling for Chaerin."

 

"What the are you talking about... yah!That's never going to happen! I'll never allow that to happen!"

 

"Bommie... You saw it yourself didn't you? I tried not to think about it but... I don't know. It's the first time I felt like they went overboard with their performance."

 

"I know! I even asked Chaerin about it but she just shrugged it off. Aisht, trust me, they're so dead even before they could attempt to betray you. I bet they won't even try my temper."

 

"But..."

 

"That's just a perf, think about it that way! I don't want to see you sulking like this just because of them do you hear me? You called for a cool-off, bear with it. If he's fallen for some other women, bear with it. Don't be stupid. It's not your loss and will never be. At least you stayed faithful till the very end. But listen, don't presume things yet. You know him more than I do. And with Chaerin... You know we're not on the same level of your closeness but still, I don't think she'll be that of a to take Jiyong away from you. If that happens then it's world war, I'm telling you." Bom told her animatedly, her words sending shivers down to her spine.

 

"Then what do I do now, Bommie-ah?"

 

"Jiyong is like a kid. I think he's like on an act of rebellion. When he doesn't get what he wants, he throws tantrums and turns to whoever is ready to make him feel better. I think that's the worst part of him, Darong. And you were not with him when he needs you. But you were very much aware the only person who's capable of making her surrender is you right?"

 

"But don't I have the right to get hurt too? I'm tired Bommie-ah."

 

"But did you break up with him? No. You did not. And you're both caught up in this situation when you're already losing grip of each other. Try to think about it. Catch up with each other. Not on phone or SNS. Try doing some real talks."

 

Dara just stared blankly ahead as she slumped her shoulders defeatedly.

 

"Believe me, you still can save each other. You have better hopes than me Darong-ah. At least you're not waiting forever for someone to confess. Heol." Bom pouted and batted her thick lashes slowly.

 

"You mean Youngbae?"

 

"Aisht! Shut up!"

 

Dara shook her head and smiled, somehow feeling enlightened with her talk with Bom. They were about to stand up and go to the shower room when Dara's phone rang.

 

She pulled it out of her pocket and her eyes widened when Jiyong's name appeared.

 

"Aiyoo.... Baby boy's waiting already." Bom teased earning her a pinch on the waist.

 


"Babo Dara-ah. How disrespectful of you to present yourself to them so casually like this. Aigoo." Dara knocked on her head as she cursed herself. She was preoccupied with random thoughts the whole day and all she brought were a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

 

Walking lazily towards YG's carpark still with her beanie and shades on for cover up, she tried to scan the area in search for his Lamborghini car.

 

"Aigoo, why does he like small cars? Aisht. It's more convenient to drive bigger ones." she tried mumbling to herself, diverting her thoughts, trying to lessen her uneasiness. She walked her way towards his car when she finally spotted it. Swallowing hard in nervousness as if it was their first date, she shyly knocked on the window and almost immediately she saw him was went out of the driver's side.

 

"I thought you changed your mind."

 

"Aniyo. It's just that I had to take a shower and... Aisht..." Dara looked at her own get up earning a chuckle from Jiyong.

 

"We're having dinner at home. That's perfect." he said sensing the girl is getting conscious with her looks. Jiyong quickly opened the door for her and when she was able to get in, he swiftly moved around and got in.

 

Silence filled the air for the first few minutes of their drive to the Kwon's house. They keep on exchanging glances, as if testing the waters. Dara was being awkward and uneasy while Jiyong was just being his cool normal self.

 

"You must be so tired," he was the first one to break the silence. "You have schedule tomorrow right?"

 

"N-n-eh..." she briefly answered. "How was your Running Man shoot?"

 

"Hmm... We finished earlier than expected. It was tiring but we all enjoyed especially Seungri."

 

"Oh... Neh. It was fun." she nodded and looked away once more.

 

"Dara-ah..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"How are you lately?"

 

Dara smiled for a while and heaved a sigh before answering. Bad. She wanted to say yet still she couldn't. "You know I've always been fine. Just that we've been really busy lately because of the promotions and another upcoming single. And---"

 

"I'm asking about you. Are you doing well? Happy? Sad? Or is there something troubling you?"

 

"What's with the sudden questions, aigoo." Dara scoffed and shook her head.

 

"I'm serious, Dara-ah..." he said as he looked grimly ahead. "What happened? What happened to us?"

 

"Jiyong..." she couldn't even form a word and just kept playing with her fingers.

 

"Lately... You seem so distant. Why? Are you already meeting someone new?" he asked casually.

 

"No,"

 

"I heard you went out with Kwanghee and Siwan. You sounded like you had so much fun."

 

Dara could just gawk at Jiyong upon hearing it, couldn't believe he's starting to dig issues once more. But she decided to answer it just to end all his round of interrogation.

 

"N-n-eh. We did. But I was with Bom and Minzy by the way. CL-roo wasn't able to come with us because... She said she's gonna hang out by your studio. I don't know if you still remember it." She fired back.

 

Dara saw Jiyong nod and bite his lip, something he often does when he's shy or in a sticky situation and she felt a pinch in her heart when she saw him react that way just by the mention of the girl's name.

 

"Aren't you going to ask me how I've been?" he asked while looking ahead. "Ask me. You might want to know something."

 

No... Dara's mind immediately negated. She's not yet ready for whatever his answers are going to be, she decided to just back away and generalize things.

 

"You... You seem happy with the way things are going. I'm happy for you as well. It will always be that way."

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw when he heard her talk that way again. It seems she's still forcing a thick wall up against him but he knows the girl too well. There's something that's bothering her and somehow he has an idea what it is.

 

And right now he's been asking himself if he can still save everything. Is it too late? Will she take him back again and start anew? Or she's realized she's tired of him? For all he knows, Dara has been always the one who's stronger and tougher when it comes to their relationship. And he's the one who's always insecure and who always gets himself into trouble.

 

"We're here," he helplessly announced as he beeped on the gates to disperse all the sasaeng fans waiting around their household.

 

She was about to open the door after he parked his car properly but Jiyong quickly grabbed her hand and held it tight.

 

"Please... Stay for the night."

 

"Jiyong-ah..."

 

"I miss you... So bad."

 

"Ji you told me I just need to come over for dinner."

 

"Why are you avoiding me? You said it's just a cool off, why are you acting as if we're not already together?"

 

Dara bit his lip and tried with all her might to face the man. Doesn't he realize what he's been doing lately hurts her a lot?

 

"You seem to be having so much fun without me... Seeing your friends, hanging out with them. Clubbing... You can do with them the things I couldn't do with you. You seem happy." she said, trying to act normally but her voice is starting to break.

 

"Let's go Jiyong-ah. We don't want to make them wait right?"

 


 

Dinner went smoothly for Dara and the Kwons. Conversation went light and most of the time, Jiyong would find himself unable to connect with the way his parents talk to Dara. Part of him is still hopeful and happy, glad that she's still at ease with his family. Part of him is anxious for he might not succeed to win her back tonight. Not that he won't try again though. He knows there were things he went overboard with just to get her attention. And right now it all backfired to him.

 

He knows how childish his behaviours were and he missed so bad how she nags on him, how she scolds him, how she tames him. It's true, he gets all the attention in the world but the only attention he needs is Dara's. That and nothing more.

 

"Son are you alright?" his father asked him upon noticing his silence.

 

"Huh? N-n-eh."

 

"Aigoo... Look at this kid. He turns into our very own Jiyong whenever he's with Dara. What do you think yeobo?"

 

"Couldn't agree more that's why I've been urging him to enlist to the military after finishing his album promotions so they can settle down after it. Dara isn't getting any younger. When are we going to see little Kwons running around the household?" Mrs. Kwon pointed out with so much enthusiasm which made Dara choke on her food.

 

"Omo!" Jiyong quickly grabbed her glass of water and rubbed her back while Dara could just take a sip from the glass and catch her breath. "Are you alright?"

 

"N-n-eh," she coughed some more and when she saw Mrs. Kwon looking intently at her, she quickly took the glass of water from Jiyong's hand and gulped it in one go.

 

"Hey, slow down, yah."

 

"Thank you," she said when she finally finished its contents.

 

Such conversations went on and Dara could just squirm in her seat uncomfortably while she felt her cheeks grow layers thicker as she blushed profusely hearing Jiyong's parents talk about her and their son as if their not in front of them.

 

After dinner, the family decided to watch movie in their entertainment room but just after a couple of minutes the movie started playing, Dara kept on yawning and stretching which made Jiyong furrow her brows. Little did he know, Dara has been doing it on purpose so she can excuse herself and go home but Jiyong has another plan.

 

Omma... Appa..."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Dara's already sleepy. She must be so tired from today's work." Jiyong said which made Dara sigh in relief.

 

"Aigoo you should have told us earlier. Ppalli, let her get some rest upstairs." his mom told him. "Dara-ah, stay for the night neh? Besides it's already late. Just sleep here."

 

"Bwoh?" Dara switched her gaze from Jiyong to his mom disbelievingly but in her mind she's cursing at Jiyong. Who knows he already planned it earlier? She has to think about something. She needs to find a way.

 

"But... Aunt. I didn't bring any clothes---"

 

"That's fine, jagiya... You know you can always take your pick from my clothes." Jiyong said with a lopsided smile and Dara could just scowl at him while twitching her lips.

 

"You'll pay for this Jiyong! Aisht!" Dara could just send him deadly glares but the man just chuckled, seemingly triumphant for the turn out of events.

 

 


 

 

A/N:

 

Next Chap's gonna be the last. Forgive me for this pure randomness. Ppyong!