Similarities

Similarities

Korea, the last day of August,

 

Four handsome men just entered a black van in front of them. After coming to an event in Lotte Department Store in Seoul, they’ve decided to go back to their house. The two youngest already settled themselves at the back, meanwhile the two eldest sat in the middle. They felt very tired that day, even though they have had a break from their concert. The youngest in the corner even had leant his head with his neck pillow while the eldest were busy with their phones.

“Hyung, can you drive faster?”, a man with black t-shirt and grey blazer asked a driver in front of him clearly.  The driver just said “hmm” as a reply. A guy beside him stopped texting and looked at him curiously, “Where are you going?”

“Err.. I have a date, Yonghwa hyung”, he said while her hands were texting something. Yonghwa widened his eyes suddenly. The two youngest who already closed their eyes before, turned their heads to see a man in front of them.

“Where?”, the second youngest asked him.

“Hmm maybe at her dorm?”, the answer made them turned their heads to him. They all shocked actually, especially Yonghwa.

“Jonghyun hyung? Seriously?”, the tallest man spoke out his opinion, “dating at her dorm? With the in laws?”

Jonghyun just nodded his head while his hands were busy texting. Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin showed their i-can’t-believe-this face. Dating at her girlfriend’s dorm? Their privacy will be ruined in five minutes. The maknaes thought all the in laws are in the dorm. Jonghyun then just realized that the three faces were looking at him. “Wae?”

“I envy you”, Yonghwa said and turned his head to look outside the window. Jonghyun patted his right arm, teasing him. “Call her back, hyung!”, he smirked at him.

“She will nag me if I call her now, she’s on duty. Tsk.”, the reason made them shook their heads. “Jonghyun hyung! You too! You just met her a moment ago, now you want to have a date with her?”, Jungshin slapped his arm hardly. It made Jonghyun slapped him back. “Ya! Don’t slap me. What’s wrong if I have a date with her again?”, he asked firmly.

Minhyuk just shook his head. Jungshin rolled his eyes, “Seriously, hyung. You don’t wanna miss a chance”

“Wae, is it wrong?”, he smiled mischievously, made Yonghwa annoyed. “Yah, Jasshik! Stop bragging! You already knew that I can’t meet Seohyun now, lucky you can meet Yoona there”.

“Hyung, we were in the same event but we were just staring at each other, it cannot be considered as a date”, Jonghyun explained childhisly. He surely is the real maknae. They continued debating, made the two maknaes behind them covered their ears with neck pillows behind them.

***

After arriving at their dorm, Jonghyun took a bath quickly. He wore a blue navy long sleeve sweater and black jeans, spaying his Bleu de Chanel perfume around her neck. He grabbed his car keys and put his watch on his wrist, ignoring the yelling from Yonghwa and the maknaes. “Don’t be too long! We have a lot of things to do!”

He went to basement, entered his white sport Benz and stirred the wheel outside. Not long after that, he parked his car in the basement of an apartment in Gangnam. He went out and locked the door while searching on someone’s number on his phone. He actually wanted to call her but suddenly someone called him. His lips curved a smile when he saw the name on the screen. “Hmm? I’m on the way to your dorm”, smiled Jonghyun, “in five minutes, ok?” And he ended the call, kept his phone in his pocket. He entered the elevator in front of him immediately and pushed the button. No. he couldn’t wait to meet his girlfriend again, especially when they both know that they will leave Korea soon. That’s the reason why they didn’t want to waste their free time.

He arrived at her dorm, ringing the bell excitedly. Not long after that, a beautiful woman with a v-neck white smock tops and crème shorts opened the door. She held his left hand fast and motioned him to sit on the couch in the living room. “What do you want to drink?”, she said while showing her warm smile. “Anything”, he said, and then she walked in to the kitchen, preparing the drinks. Jonghyun took a remote on the table and changed the channel. “Yoona, Is it ok for us to have a date here?”, he asked with a louder voice. “Of course!”, yelled Yoona from the kitchen while bringing two glass of orange juice. He helped her to put the drinks and snack on the table, and said “thank you” with his husky voice. Yoona then sat beside him. Jonghyun immediately circled his hand on her waist.

“Why is it so quiet here? You said Tiffany and Yuri noona are here”, he stared ate her eyes deeply while she gently his hair.

“We’re lucky. Yuri unnie just went out ten minutes ago while Tiffany unnie is in her room, probably sleeping. She’s so tired today”, she said.

Jonghyun caressed her cheeks, looking at her eyes, “And what about you? Don’t you feel tired?”

Yoona shook her head, looking at his eyes intensely. Jonghyun then lifted his head, furrowed his forehead. He saw tiredness on her face. “Should I go home so that you can sleep? Don’t force yourself, we still have a lot of time”

“Andweeee… we should spend our free time. Next Thursday you’ll go to Guangzhou and I’ll leave to Japan”, she whined with pouting mouth. Jonghyun just giggled and patted her head.

“So what should we do now? Just watching the TV like we usually do at my dorm?”, he asked her. Yoona nooded her head, turned her head on the TV but her hands already hugged Jonghyun tightly.

“Wae?”, he asked her confusedly about her hug.  He felt something bothered her, but she didn’t want to spill it out. Yoona didn’t move her head. Either she focused on the TV or lost her sense. Jonghyun then lifted her body and moved her to his lap. Yoona unconsciously hung her left hand to his neck and another gripped his clothes tightly, felt surprised actually. “See? You are tired”, he touched her eye bags and saw her yawning, “and sleepy.”

She moved her hand to his waist, her right hand still gripping his clothes tightly. She leant her head to his chest and slowly curved her lips. “How can you understand me so well, Mr. John Lee?” Jonghyun hugged her tightly; his left hand cupped her face, made her look at his face. “Maybe because we have the same brain?”, then he pecked her lips.

“Bwoyaaaa!”, she whined, made him chuckled, “what’s the correlation?”

“I mean we have the same thought that’s why we can understand each other. We are couple. Couples usually tend to share their similarities, thought, and habit”, he explained it clearly. Yoona just nodded her head. It means she accepted his opinion. “We have a lot of similarities”, she said gracefully while raising her head. Jonghyun, who was paying his attention to the TV, turned his head to look at her. “For example?”

“Hmm… both of us love eating”, she said softly. Jonghyun just made a sound “hmm”. Yoona continued thinking. “We love babies and kids and we love wearing white t-shirt”, she said while yawning again. Jonghyun still focused on the TV, which reported the L’inoui event this afternoon, while listening to her. “No, the last part was wrong”

“Wae?”, she asked weakly, leaning on his chest. Her eyes were slowly closed but she held herself to stay awake. Luckily, Jonghyun didn’t notice that.

“I’m the one who loves wearing white t-shirt. I wonder why you love to wear white t-shirt and jeans lately. Is it because I said I love a girl who looks pretty even she only wears white t-shirt and jeans?”, he stared at her teasingly. Yoona slapped his chest weakly. She even couldn’t argue about his teasing statement. She’s powerless and needed sleep. Meanwhile, Jonghyun still had his eyes on the TV while rubbing her right arm.

“I guess I am right then. It’s good to know it. Now, we become similar to Yongseo couple, I mean when we are sharing about our similarities. Luckily, I’m not like Yonghwa hyung, who is a jealous type”, he praised himself. Yoona laughed weakly. “You’re not jealous even when I had to kiss Geun Seuk oppa back then?”

He changed the channel and it showed him the news about L’inoui event again. “Why should i? I can kiss you more than him”, he smirked. Yoona chuckled softly with her close eyes,

“Look! Your shirt is white again today… ahh.. We were in the same event but couldn’t talk comfortably”, he kept talking and talking in a few minutes, actually waiting for Yoona’s respond. He then turned his head to her and found her already sleeping. Jonghyun just smiled looking at her peaceful face. He turned off the TV and lifted her body slowly. He carried her into her room. Knowing Yuri was not there, he just entered the room and decided to put her on the bed right away. He put her lower body first and then her upper body and head carefully. But something avoided him to leave. It’s actually her hands. Her hands gripped his clothes tightly, made Jonghyun couldn’t move his body.

“Aish.. this girl! Why she had to grab my clothes tightly. She wanted to sleep together or something? I cannot sleep here”, he said to himself softly so that it couldn’t wake her up.He released her hands carefully, finger by finger, and successfully put her down. Afterward, he covered her with a blanket until her chin and said “Good night, Im Yoona”. He then kissed her forehead and left the room carefully, closing the door and leaving his beautiful girl to rest. He went to his dorm happily.