R.O.D

You and Me Against The World

 

 

 

Jiyong frowned as his eyes continue reading the blog entry. And his frown deepened some more as he moves to the last paragraph of the displeasing blog he was reading. He wanted to scroll down to where the comment section is, tap way on the keyboard and tell the writer what he had in mind about what he or she had written.

 

 

10 reasons why Sandara Park is not good enough for G-dragon”

 

 

With just the title, he can already tell what the article all about was. But his curiosity got the better off him. And now, that curiosity of his wanted to know who the writer is and have some one-on-one talk with him or her.

 

 

“This is bull.” He commented as he read the second to the last sentence.

 

 

And by the time he was reading the last sentence, his urge to throw his keyboard away and to smash his computer is so devastatingly felt like a good idea. And he was on the brink on doing that when the door opened.

 

 

“Hey, Ji. Busy?” that angelic voice that he could hear even when with a hundred noisy people penetrated his senses. And just like a miracle, his earlier rage comes tumbling down. All was forgotten but her and her voice that he loved so much.

 

 

“Hmmmm..” Jiyong replied as he slowly turned his chair and faced the most beautiful girl his eyes had ever seen. Then unconsciously, a slow, gentle smile tugged at the corner of his lips. A smile that is only reserved for her. A smiled that is only for her to see.

 

 

“Writing songs again, I guess?” Dara commented as she strolled towards her boyfriend and peeked through his shoulders only to frown seeing what was on the monitor.

 

 

“Ji…” a warning tone. Jiyong is familiar with this tone of hers. She would always use it whenever he will read bad articles about himself on the internet.

 

 

“I know.. I’m sorry, jagi. I’m not supposed to be reading stuff like this but I can’t help myself,” he pouted as he tapped his thigh, inviting her to sit on his lap. And when she did, he sighed in contentment as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

 

 

They were both silent, relishing the rare moment of being alone together.

 

 

“I just don’t get it. Why can’t they see that you’re more than perfect for me? Why can’t they see that it is I who is not deserving of you?” Jiyong broke the silence as he sighed audibly, his hold around her tightened as if he’s afraid that someone is going to steal her away from him.

 

 

“Aigoooo…” Dara mumbled as he turned her body sideward and faced him, her eyes twinkling with the love she felt for him. She cupped his face with her both hands and roamed her eyes on his handsome face, memorizing every detail. Then after some time, she smiled at him. A smile that can always turn his world upside down.

 

 

“We can never please everybody, Jiyong. And everybody has the right to voice out their opinion. You should understand them. They’re your fans, of course they’ll feel protective of you. They just want what is best for you,” she explained. “And don’t you dare say that you don’t deserve me. Because you are the only human walking on this planet that is deserving to be beside me, to be with me forever.” She added as he smiled again, making his heart flutter widely inside his chest.

 

 

“But you’re the best for me,” he argued.

 

 

Dara just smiled in response and sighed. She then leaned her back on his chest, her hands entwining with the hand that is securely wrapped around her.

 

 

“Your birthday is near. What are your plans?” Dara asked, changing the topic.

 

 

“Hmmm.. Just the usual.” Jiyong simply replied.

 

 

“Usual?”

 

 

“Yeah.. Like spending it with you. Maybe a quiet, intimate dinner somewhere peaceful. Somewhere where people won’t recognize us,” he said thoughtfully as he made a mental note to search for a place where they could enjoy a good food away from the scrutinizing eyes of people.

 

 

“Why don’t you spend your birthday with your friends, Ji? It’s been so long since you last hanged out with them, right?” Dara suggested which made him frown and his eyebrows to form a straight line.

 

 

“But I want to spend it with you. Besides, my friends and I can always hang out some other time,” Jiyong shrugged his shoulders, dismissing the thought of spending his special day with his friends. Of course his friends are special in his life, but Dara is more special than them. And he wanted to celebrate his special day with the most special person in his life.

 

 

“Ji, you will have lots and lots of birthdays ahead of you. We can always celebrate them together. But on this coming birthday of you, I want you to spend it with the rest of the gang. I want you to celebrate with no restrictions,” she said.

 

 

Jiyong shifted on his seat and made Dara to stand up. And then he turned her to face him and settled her again on his lap, this time facing him. “But I want to spend it with you, jagi,” Jiyong pouted.

 

 

Dara just pinched the tip of his nose and bent her head down, so their lips could meet in a gentle kiss. And as soon as their lips touched, everything was forgotten except the fluttery feeling the meeting of their hearts made them feel.

 

 

“Thank you, jagi. For being always there for me. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me,” Jiyong proclaimed a heartbeat after their kiss ended. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and smiled up to her before hooking his other hand on her neck and bringing her face to him, only to kiss her again.

 

 

“Ji.. Can you do me a favor?” Dara asked when they both parted from their heart souring kiss.

 

 

“What is it?” Jiyong asked, willing to do everything for her.

 

 

“Sing “Butterfly” for me,” Dara requested as she settled her head on her boyfriend’s chest, perfectly hearing the beat of his heart for her.

 

 

And just like a savior to a queen, Jiyong started humming to the tune of “Butterfly”. One of the things that can make him the happiest man in the world is when he would sing songs for Dara that is officially written for her, and that about covers almost all his love songs and even the sad ones.

 

 

He was singing the second verse of the song when he felt Dara’s steady breathing, indicating that she fell asleep on his chest while listening to him singing “Butterfly” for her. A smile formed at his lips as he gathered her on his arms and slowly stood up from his chair. And carefully, he carried her towards their bedroom and placed her gently on the bed.

 

 

Like a force to a magnet, his eyes never left her peaceful, sleeping face. Everything about her pulls him in. Deeper, hook, line and sinker. Her eyes, her nose, her cheeks and her kissable lips. All of it he loves, but what made him fall in love with her deeper like no other is her own self. Her selflessness. Her kindness that always tugged the corner of his heart. A pretty face with a kind heart. A keeper indeed.

 

 

And as he continued staring at Dara’s sleeping face, words after words came rushing to his mind. And before he knows it, he was humming to a new beat, a new rhythm. And just like that, Jiyong finally knew what was missing on his second album. Another song for her. This time, a song of their love.

 

 

Without wasting much time, Jiyong grabbed the pen and paper on their bedside table, jotting down the lyrics that was forming on his mind as he stared at Dara’s face. Inspiration. That’s what Dara is. His inspiration. His everything. His butterfly. With a smile on his face, he included the word ‘butterfly’ on the lyrics. His main purpose is to let everyone know who the reason behind this song is.

 

 

Before he noticed it, he was finish writing the first verse. And as he re-read it, he can’t help but to smile giddily.

 

 

“You are my pleasure

I feel like a little kid

Trying not to think about you

Only 10 minutes at the longest

Our relationship right now is between cold and hot

Anything is fine

If I could keep you right beside me

Your face is so beautiful like a sculpture

When I look at you I freeze like a statue

My superstar

You’re one butterfly

Butterfly effect in the flower garden

In your little smile

There’s a big storm in my heart

Keep running away

Fly away

At this moment, know more about me

Guys are either kids or dogs

Other guys will take you away like a hawk

I’ll give you the love you’ve never felt before

I'll be ya james bond, Until the end for you”

 

 

 

He poured his heart out. Everything. From her making him feel like one fragile kid up to his frustrations over her growing list of fanboys. And never did he forgot to include about the love he is willing to make her feel. A love like no other. A love from Kwon Jiyong that is solely for Sandara Park.

 

 

“You got me losing my mind

The way you got me fired up

Never give up boy even when they try us

You and me against the world

With you I ride or die tonight

You have my heart like the beat

The way you got me turned up

Never give up boy even when they try us

You and me against the world

With you I ride or die tonight”

 

 

Remembering what he had read a while ago on the internet made him want to wrap Dara in his arms and take her away from the cruelty of other people’s opinions. He wanted to just run away with her and just be happy for the rest of their lives. He wanted to give her everything she needs, everything she wants. He wanted to offer her the world on a silver platter. He wanted her happy.

 

 

“You and me against the world,” A pledge, a promise. And Jiyong will always make sure that they’ll be together facing whatever it is that the cruel world has in store for them. Jiyong will always make sure that he will never let go of her hand even at the toughest time.

 

 

With a smile on his face, Jiyong kept on writing down the lyrics flowing from his mind. And he was almost done with the song when Dara stirred on her sleep. She opened one eye peeked from her lashes only to see Jiyong kneeling beside her with a pen and paper on hand. She smiled at him as she got the pen and paper from his hands and put them on the bedside table.

 

 

“Let’s sleep, jagi..” Dara invited.

 

 

Without further ado, Jiyong rounded the bed and lied beside her. Her back on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and let her head rest on his biceps, his nose catching the whiff of her feminine smell.

 

 

“Good night, Ji..” Dara mumbled sleepily as she snuggled close to him, her hands on top of his.

 

 

Jiyong effortlessly kissed the top of her head then tightened his hold on her. “Good night, baby. I love you.”

 

 

“Hmmmm… Love you, too,” she replied and after a couple of seconds, Jiyong felt the steady rise and fall of Dara’s chest, meaning she was already on her dreamland.

 

 

“You and me against the world, baby. We won’t give up..” Jiyong whispered on her ears.

 

 

So with a smile on his lips, Jiyong closed his eyes and soon followed his beloved in dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was the day of G-Dragon’s album release. The “Coup d’etat” Part 1. And just as how it is expected to be, the youngest genius of music wiped off the charts. His songs topping it from 1 to 5.

 

 

And the said man of interest is waiting for someone’s reaction about a particular song. He was careful not to let her head that song because he wanted it to be a surprise. He wanted to see her reaction as she listen to R.O.D.

 

 

At first, he wanted to ask her if she could sing it with him. But after a time of thorough thinking, he decided that it’s not a good idea because featuring her in that song is almost the same as revealing their relationship to the public. So he just asked one of Dara’s close friends, Lydia, to sing it with him.

 

 

Jiyong remembered Lydia’s reaction when she first read the lyrics.

 

 

“You really do love her, neh?”

 

 

And all Jiyong could do was nod his head in response.

 

 

A knock on the door disturbed his train of thoughts. He turned to look who was it only to see his girlfriend strutting her way towards him, a mix of suspicion and confusion floating in her eyes. Jiyong extended his arms to her which she took. He sat her on his lap before reaching up to kiss her briefly on her lips.

 

 

“Have you heard my songs, jagi?” he asked.

 

 

“Yep,” Dara replied excitedly. Jiyong stilled. His plan is busted. Dara already heard R.O.D. “But I only get to finish listening to “Niliria”.” She added which made him smile because she haven’t heard R.O.D yet.

 

 

“Oh,” Jiyong faked his disappointment. “Why don’t we listen to it together here?”

 

 

“Really?” Dara faced him as her eyes lifted with much enthusiasm. Jiyong just nodded his head as he reached for the computer’s mouse and clicked the next tract on his album next to “Niliria.”

 

 

Soon, the studio was filled with the intro of “R.O.D”. Dara was listening intently to the song while Jiyong is intently watching Dara’s face. Waiting for her reaction.

 

 

“Oh! This is so good,” Dara commented when she heard the first two lines of the song. And as the song progresses, Dara’s reaction turned deeper, more emotional, raw. Dara whipped her head towards Jiyong’s direction, and when he smiled at her, she can’t help but to smile back at him.

 

 

In silence, they listened to the song. A song that Jiyong made for her, for them.

 

 

Seconds passed by after the song was finished, now another tract from Jiyong’s album is playing on the speakers but Dara haven’t said a word since then. Jiyong is getting impatient. He wanted to know what she thinks of the song. Did she like it? He asked himself over and over again.

 

 

“So…….” Dara started as she wrapped her arms around his neck, a smile creeping the side of her lips. “James Bond..,” she added, a tone of teasing clearly on her tone. And just like that, Jiyong knew that she liked the song. And that is all he is looking for. For Dara to like a song made for her.

 

 

“Yup.. Until the end,” Jiyong replied as he placed his hands on her back and pulled her towards him.

 

 

“It’s you and me against the world now, Jagi?” Dara asked, her eyes shining with unshed tears as she leaned on more to him. Emotions flowing from her heart.

 

 

“Uhum..” Jiyong nodded his head. “It’s you and me against the world, forever, together.”

 

 

“Hmmmm.. Together, forever… I like the sound of that,” Dara said thoughtfully.

 

 

“Me too, baby..” Jiyong agreed as he stretched his body upwards and hooked his arms on her neck, then he pulled her towards him and kissed her on her lips. Hearts beating as one. Souls destined to be one.

 

 

With everything else fading around them, it’s just him and her against the world. Together. Forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

UHHHHHM. 

THAT'S ALL.. 

MEHEHEHEHEH :333

/RUNSSSSSSSSS/

LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSS <3333