Photo Album

My High School Days

Satoshi swallowed his saliva as he heard the words that came from his best friend’s mouth. Not only did Nino say the words, he also definitely meant them. Satoshi had no idea about what Nino felt about him. He saw him every day; they were together ever since they started their elementary days but never did Satoshi thought that he loved his best friend beyond the friendship that they had.

“Uh, Nino,” Satoshi started but Nino cut him off.

“It’s alright,” Nino whispered, tears were now forming in his eyes, “I knew that you won’t love me this way, too.”

“No!” Satoshi said, shocking his friend and himself.

“What do you mean by no?”

Satoshi tried his best to choose the right words, “I haven’t thought about what I really feel. Demo, Nino, I love you. I just don’t know what level it is.”

~***~

Nino’s eyes twinkled in the dim lit living room as some tears fell from his eyes. He was now able to relax a little bit now that he knew that Satoshi was not mad at his confession. He felt that the weight, which he had been carrying for the past years, was now slowly being lifted from his shoulders.

I wish I could make you mine, Nino thought sadly. He never wanted Satoshi to leave him. He only wanted to be with him for the rest of his life. Even as a child, Nino felt alone no matter who was with him. The only time that he felt that he wasn’t alone was when Satoshi befriended him even though he was being a bratty child.

As the tears fell from his eyes, Satoshi hugged him from the back. His friend was silent but he could hear Satoshi’s heart beating like a festival drum and his ragged breathing. They held each other like this for a while without them speaking to each other. Silence made them feel secure with each other’s arms.

 

As the endless sky showered and filled with twinkling stars, the two boys snuggled together under the blankets of Nino’s futon. Earlier that night, Satoshi called his parents telling them that he’ll be staying over at Nino’s. His parents consented and so they shared Nino’s room for the night.

“Ne, Nino,” Satoshi whispered in his best friend’s ear.

“Un?”

“Gomen ne,” he apologized as he hugged Nino tighter.

Satoshi had been embracing Nino tenderly for the entire night after his best friend confessed his feelings for him. He felt guilty for not being able to see and feel what Nino had been going through for all the past years that they had been together. He wanted to understand Nino and he also wanted to know what his true feelings for the latter.

“Boku mo,” Nino answered.

“You have nothing to apologize for.”

For the rest of the night, never did Satoshi let go of Nino’s warm body. He embraced him like there was no tomorrow; for he knew that there was something missing in his life. Holding on to Nino made him feel sure about what his decision would be.

~***~

Memories were kept in a time capsule under an old cherry blossom tree. Inside it were a necklace and a photo album. As he opened the album, a paper fell on the soil. He picked it up and mouthed the words written on it:

Let’s go to the end of the world until we get tired of it. No one knows what will happen in the future but let’s make our present wonderful. Together, as long as you’re with me, our past will guide us.

~***~

Nino woke up with a start. He felt Satoshi’s heavy body on him. He smiled in the thought of his best friend hugging him tightly. However, when he looked at him closely, he noticed that Satoshi was crying in his sleep. Nino nudged his friend to wake him up. When Satoshi woke up, he was panting and his tears were still welling up. He stared at Nino and when his best friend’s face registered, he suddenly lunged at him and held him tightly.

Shaking with fear, Satoshi said to Nino, “Please don’t leave me.”

“Satoshi, calm down,” Nino said as he hushed Satoshi, “I won’t leave.”

“I love you,” Satoshi said.

Nino heard the conviction in his friend’s voice that he truly believed that Satoshi had managed to dream about them together. Fate brought them together in the dream and that the dream made a way to make it come true. He held Satoshi firmly and cupped his chin. Closing in on him, he kissed the latter’s lips tenderly.

“I love you more.”


A/N: Sorry for the late update. It happened to be Arafes last weekend and I was in front of my tumblr and twitter accounts only.

There, the Ohmiya part was really touching for me. I hope it was for you, too.

Comments are welcome! :))

PS. Still no cover page for today. I'm still busy at work and no time for photo editing... Sorry.