Memories

Beautiful Woman

“Remember this Nicole, I’ll always love you.” Kibum kissed his best friend on the forehead then hugged her tightly in his arms. Just then the fireworks started to colour the skies. Nicole smiles brightly looking at the beautiful fireworks. Today is the day for the Seoul International Fireworks Festival. They had been waiting for this day for a long time. It’s an annual event made by the government, but they didn’t get to see it last year, so they have planned it earlier to see the event this year, together.

 

“So beautiful.” Nicole smiled as she leaned her head on Kibum’s shoulder. Kibum looked at her and smiled. He clasped her hand and embraced them warmly. He then kissed her softly on her hand. “Aren’t you cold? Your hand is cold.” Kibum asked looking at her, still holding her hand. “Nope, I am used to it.” She answered. 

 

Silence filled them again. They are currently enjoying this moment. It’s hard for them to spend time together just the two of them. Kibum was busy with his part time job. He works at the bread shop from day to night as a cashier. Nicole never likes him to work there because they treated Kibum like a slave, making him do so many things by himself. But Kibum cares not as he always received his pay based on the effort he had done. It was satisfying for him and he is happy with it.

 

Nicole on the other hand is the daughter of a very big company. She soon to be inherited with her father’s company and will take over her father’s place as the chief of executive officer (CEO). So she was trained by her father’s fellow workers on how to manage the company and to know better about the things that her father does. The two best friends rarely meet and spend time with each other. So when they got the opportunity to really have fun and to meet, they made sure that they spend it as fully as they can.

 

“Kibum.” She called his name. He hummed towards the calling. “Do you think we will be best friends forever? Like no one will ever stop us? No one will be the barrier to our relationship?” He was silent. After a minute he answered, “Do you not have faith in us?” “It’s not that, I just..” “Shh... Don’t think about anything else, just watch the fireworks. We promise to enjoy the moment don’t we?” Kibum pulled Nicole from his side to his front and hugged her from the back. He holds both of her hands tightly like he never wanted to let her go.

 

“You will never leave me, won’t you?” She again asked. “Of course not, why would you suddenly think of that?” He kissed her on top of her head. He was feeling possessive and protective about her. “I’m.... curious.” She answered him softly. Kibum then tighten his hug on Nicole and said, “If you are feeling insecure my dear Nicole, don’t be. Nothing or no one can jeopardize our relationship.” “Sorry that I asked, maybe it’s because we rarely spend time with each other nowadays.” Kibum just smiled on her statement and embraced her more tightly than before.

 

 


This was rather short, I know. I can't really think any moments to make it any longer. :( But I think this length will do and its easier to read. I'll try harder to make the other chapters longer. Don't forget to comment and subscribe :)