Stress

Some of this, Some of that, With sprinkles on top!!!!

Tis a little excerpt from a ChangRick idea in my head. Dunno if I'll ever do anything with it but I wanted to at least get a bit of it down so it didn't disappear on me ya know?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Home, he thought as he drove down what felt like the longest driveway ever. Pulling up to the garage, he put the dark blue sports car in park and took the keys out of the ignition. He unbuckled his seat belt and looked over at his briefcase in the passenger seat.

He didn’t want to. He knew he shouldn’t.  But he also knew what was waiting for him on the other side of the mahogany door to the two-story home he shared with the love of his life.

It felt like the life was being drained from him slowly, day by day. And home was not his sanctuary. Yes, his love was part of that problem. But he knew he was the biggest part. He didn’t mean to, he hated it, but he just couldn’t help it. There was just so much on him, so much to deal with. He was unraveling at the seams and there was nothing he could do about it. But admitting that would make him a failure and he couldn’t fail with so many people depending on him.

Taking a deep breath, he popped open the snaps on his briefcase, opened it up, and pulled out a small pill bottle tucked in a corner pocket.  He twisted the child-proof cap and took out a small blue pill. Tossing it into his mouth, he took a gulp from the water bottle he had sitting in the cup holder.

He closed his eyes and sighed deeply as the pill made its way down his throat.  A silent prayer that it would take effect before he had to go inside was said. He never felt good when he did this. Sure, the pills helped him feel good physically, but emotionally it made him sick to his stomach.

There was nothing else he could do about it though. He already put him through that once before and he wouldn’t do it again. He promised himself it wouldn’t let it get out of hand this time. He prayed it was a promise he could keep.