Wooden Spoon

Porridge

Kris woke up to the bed shaking and the sound of Kyungsoo coughing violently. He sat up in a panic and flipped on the lamp next to him. It was already mid morning, but the day was dreary. Kyungsoo looked up at Kris weakly when his coughing fit came to an end and opened his mouth to apologize.

“Sorry to wake you, hyung.” Kyungsoo smiled tiredly at his taller boyfriend.

Kris frantically shook his hands. “No, it’s fine! Let me get you a glass of water, okay?” He helped Kyungsoo sit up and told him to stay awake.

When Kris left, Kyungsoo heard him banging around the kitchen cabinets, looking for some medicine. He slowly shook his head and sighed.

The tall man came back with a chilled glass of water and some cold medicine.

“Here, Soo, take these.”

“Thank y-“ Kyungsoo was cut off with another coughing fit.

Kris looked on, worried. He couldn’t remember what his lover did when he was sick.

“Can you make me some porridge, jagiya?” Kyungsoo glanced at the older before taking the medicine.

 

Kyungsoo had been dozing off in bed when he heard a loud crash from the kitchen, followed by several curses.

“Jagiya? Kris?” Kyungsoo called weakly. “Are you okay?”

When he got no answer, he got up with the blankets wrapped tightly around him. As he reached the kitchen, he saw his tall lover on all fours, wiping up the porridge he spilt.

The younger man sighed, leaning against the wall. “Jagi… what happened?”

Kris looked up, startled. “What are you doing out of bed? You’re sick! You can’t get better if you aren’t resting!”

“I heard a loud bang and came to investigate. You usually aren’t this clumsy when you are in the kitchen.”

The tall man got up from the floor and through the dirty paper towels in the trashcan. “You better not laugh at me when I tell you.” Kris pouted, cheeks flaming red.

“I promise I won’t. Now tell me.”

“I tripped over my foot.”

Kyungsoo started coughing, trying not to laugh. Luckily, he can pass it off from his cold.

When the coughing stopped, the younger looked Kris over.

That’s when he noticed what the older was wearing.

Kris was donning a yellow frilly apron he got as a joke for Christmas last year, his sleeves to his sweater was pushed up, his hair was pulled up out of his face, and he has his glasses on that he only wears at home.

Kyungsoo his dry lips at the thought of what Kris would look like pushed against the counter in only the apron and glasses-

His thoughts were interrupted by Kris pushing him towards the bedroom, telling him he needed to go lay back down.

“I’ll go make the porridge again. Until then, get some sleep, okay?”

Kyungsoo couldn’t protest much in his condition, so he settled down and started to doze off again.

He woke up with a start. He looked around and couldn’t figure out what had roused him.

That’s when he smelt it.

Kyungsoo shot up out of bed and with wobbly steps, rushed to the kitchen. He almost fainted at the sight.

 Kris was frantically waving away the smoke from the stove with his shirt. All around the kitchen were bits of porridge. There was even some on the ceiling!

When the older was able to get the smoke to go away, he sighed and wiped his forehead.

“Kris…”

Said man quickly turned around and saw his younger lover standing there with an unreadable expression.

“Kyungie… I can explain…” Kris raised his hands in defense and slowly backed away into the corner of the counter. He realized his position and quickly looked for the safest route away from his smaller lover.

Before he could make his escape, Kyungsoo suddenly had wooden spoon in his hand and started walking towards the taller with an evil glint in his eyes.

 

“KYUNGIE!  I’M SORRY!”