A Threat To The Kingdom , A Threat To Us All

Fall A Little Harder

 

Taeyeon sighed comfortably after landing down on a large tree branch and resting there. The now happy wings fluttered slowly, they had been uncomfortable all day being hidden without use.

Taeyeon looked around at the night view of the forest; it was quite calming for an unknown reason. Before long her eyes had trailed and lingered to her wrist which adorned her bracelet.

I feel that way too so you’re not alone “ IU’s words suddenly repeated in her head from earlier today.

Taeyeon thought back slowly about when they arrived at the park.

 

“ Umma would bring me here all the time when Appa was away on business , we’d come here late at night and she’d chase me around and turn into a little kid like me , I think it was because she needed to get out , you know cause he wasn’t there and she missed him , knew I did too “ IU explained to Taeyeon who listened intently as they sat on the swings.

“ hey, I wanted to say that I’m really sorry about  Wooyoung , he  just… I don’t know, he thinks he can say whatever he wants “ IU rolled her eyes.

“ don’t apologize , its all on him , he’s not a very friendly guy “ Taeyeon chuckled sarcastically.

“ funny how you put it so nicely “ IU giggled and nodded “ we were all friends since we were babies , me , Yuri , Sooyoung , Sunny and the not so friendly guy “

Taeyeon waited for IU to continue and looked down at the sand.

“ you’d never believe it but Yuri was the most outgoing out of all of us , loved to tease me a lot when we were little then when Sooyoung and Wooyoung tried to tease me Yuri would get them before they got to , Yuri and Sooyoung were best friends , Sunny and I were too but me and Yuri were actually the closest and when the accident happened everything seemed to change when Yuri changed we all changed except for Sooyoung of course “ IU kicked back pushing her swing lightly.

Taeyeon frowned “ Yuri never talks about that at all , maybe to yun-yun , Appa and Umma told me bits and pieces before of what happened but they never give me the important details of why Yuri has episodes sometimes “

“ Yuri’s still sick? “ IU concernedly faced Taeyeon.

“ erm , Yuri’s better and ok but this “ Taeyeon touched her forehead “ likes to play tricks every now and then , the first time I saw it happen I wasn’t sure what to do , Yuri was really hurting and all I did was watch “

IU stayed silent.

“ I overheard Yuri’s doctor once , he said Yuri’s reality becomes a terrible memory that can’t be erased because Yuri feels guilty and at fault “ Taeyeon shrugged sadly.

IU shook her head “ it was a Wednesday “ she began.

“ Yuri was really excited about completing a set of time tables under 2 minutes , Top was taking me home that day too well Yuri wanted to show Mr. Kwon the paper , Yuri wouldn’t stop whining about it so Top called Mrs. Kwon and asked if he could drop Yuri off at Mr. Kwon’s company , she said it was fine “ IU ran a hand through her hair.

Taeyeon could tell the girl’s chest was tightening as she closed her eyes.

“ Yuri wanted me to come too so we could go on the elevator , Yuri loved that glass elevator , it was like an amusement ride , you get in it and you’re looking out at the city while it takes you up , Mr. Kwon’s office was on the very top floor “ IU stood up and hugged herself.

 “-- “ Taeyeon was going to interrupt but was cut off.

“ I had to be home early that day because my grandparents were in town , Yuri was a little upset with me but nonetheless just teased me before we left her off by saying “ that’s okay , yun-yun doesn’t get scared like you do because it’s fun “ then Yuri put that dinosaur up to my cheek and made a kissing sound before getting out of the car and hurrying into the building “ a tear escaped IU’s right eye.

“ well Yuri got in the elevator alone but it never made it to the top floor , it stopped at the tenth when an emergency alarm went off, Yuri got out on that floor and could smell smoke , a small explosion had occurred in Mr. Jung’s office , Yuri knew the man very well since he was an employee of Mr. Kwon , Jung Yunho was a business man and a bit of a daredevil , he liked to go dirt biking a lot with his girlfriend whom was also in his office when it happened , Park Yeeun , she was a model and soon to be designer , her niece had wanted to spend time with her , the little girl had just moved here and was kind of shy , she was also there when it happened, Park Jiyeon now attends our school , student council vice president , on the cheer squad , top student and my best friend “ IU confessed the tiny secret that completed the story now.

Taeyeon got up from her swing and walked up to IU “ Yuri saved her and they died? “

“ Yunho had always kept a small tank of gasoline in his office for his bike , two associates had been in his office before he got there , one had been smoking but Yunho did not know that a cigarette that was still lit was in the trashcan when he brought Yeeun and Jiyeon up to his office so he could get something , it happened within 15 minutes , it blew out the glass wall blocking the outside and Yeeun died instantly , Yunho was hanging onto the edge of sill and Jiyeon was knocked out in the corner , the flames were getting bigger and bigger when Yuri entered the office , the first thing Yuri did was rush to Yunho and grab his hand but Yunho told her to forget about him , Yuri wouldn’t have been strong enough to pull him up , he pleaded with her to get Jiyeon out of the room , Yuri told him to just hang on before moving to Jiyeon then it happened , his grip slipped and he fell , death instantly, poor Yuri had witnessed it and could only pull Jiyeon out of the office while struggling a lamp attached to the ceiling had hit Yuri right on the head so now bleeding , crying and holding an unconscious Jiyeon and that dinosaur, Yuri started to drift off too “IU finally concluded.

“ woah “ Taeyeon breathed out.

“firemen got there and were able to get to them , Jiyeon was surprisingly fine the smoke’s fumes had just put her to sleep but Yuri was a different story of course “ IU sighed , turning around to look at Taeyeon.

“ it doesn’t matter , what anyone says about Yuri , Yuri’s already got a set of wings from the guy above in my book “ IU tried to joke.

Taeyeon smiled uneasily “ ye-yeah mine too “

“ and then there’s you “ Jiyeon poked Taeyeon.

“ huh? “ Taeyeon asked confusedly.

“ I thought you were another Sooyoung for a while , you always had something in your mouth with that green bulky sweater , seemed like you were wearing a cape to hide something “ IU giggled at Taeyeon’s expense.

Taeyeon turned away with a light blush, it took her a bit before mastering on how to reveal and hide her wings at the right time.

“ no offense but you reminded me of Theodore from the chipmunks “ IU confessed with a wide grin.

“ wow , okay , thanks “ Taeyeon was offended however and scoffed.

“ which means I thought you were really , really cute “ IU muttered softly.

Taeyeon smiled cockily “ go on “ she was flattered now and went up to the Jungle Jim.

IU made her way up the steps of the slide “ you don’t have to answer me if its uncomfortable but have you ever wondered who your birth parents are ? “

“ everyday “ Taeyeon responded without hesitation “ I don’t know why though “

“ what do you mean? You should, its normal “ IU slid down the slide then walked over to Taeyeon at the Jungle Jim.

Taeyeon looked down at IU as she hung from a monkey bar “ why should I think about people who obviously didn’t want me and left me alone? “

“ I thought one left you with a note in your pocket? “ IU raised her eyebrows.

Taeyeon mentally punched herself, the adoption agency were quite strict and for some reason wanted to put Taeyeon in an orphanage so Mr. Kwon came up with an idea to forge a note from Taeyeon’s legal “guardian”, that’s the story the Mr. and Mrs. Kwon always give , yes they lied but it was all for Taeyeon.

“ Taeyeon? “ IU brought Taeyeon from her thoughts.

“ oh yeah my birth Appa “ Taeyeon smiled nervously and let go of the bar , planting her feet next to IU “ he did , didn’t he?”

IU could somehow feel that Taeyeon was lying to her but decided to nod.

“ I mean I feel like any adopted kid would right? “ Taeyeon bit her bottom lip.

“ yeah , I get that “ IU smiled , trying to cover up her hurt expression because she knew she was being lied to in some way.

“ look IU , when I think about who or what I might’ve had before Appa , Umma and Yuri , it makes me feel alone you know , like I don’t look…like them , I don’t feel like…them “ Taeyeon tried her best to explain the situation to IU with honest words.

IU couldn’t help herself, her arms naturally wrapped around Taeyeon’s shoulders.

Taeyeon was caught off guard by the comforting embrace but hugged IU’s waist in return.

“ My Appa , he has this whole plan set out for me , I do look like him but I don’t feel like he does , Auntie wants me to pursue my dream but I know he’ll put his foot down and Umma will side with me but it’s his opinion that matters most to me “ IU told Taeyeon and then pulled back a little to look the latter in the eyes.

“ empty , that’s the feeling of not being able to talk to someone that’s a part of you “ the look IU gave and the sincerity made Taeyeon’s heartbeat speed up “ I feel that way too so you’re not alone “

“ Yah , I get this Unnie on my team for the monkey bars “ one little girl grabbed onto IU’s skirt.

“ fine I get you “ a little boy looked up at Taeyeon expectantly.

The teenagers awkwardly released each other after two little kids came out of nowhere.

“ monkey bar race? I got to warn you though I’m unbeatable “ Taeyeon gloated boastfully.

“ you haven’t had me as a competitor “ IU nudged Taeyeon’s shoulder with her index finger and moved passed her.

“ what the… “ Taeyeon flinched after a rock hit one of her wings.

“ Taeyeon , down here “ Yuri called from the ground.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and flew down from the tree branch, landing next to Yuri.

“ Appa and Umma done with you already? Let me guess, no pudding for two weeks? “ Taeyeon chuckled and threw an arm around Yuri’s shoulders.

“ Umma said no pudding for Appa for two weeks “ Yuri corrected happily ,wagging yun-yun’s tail “ and wants me not to take the blame for something I did not do ever again “

Taeyeon crossed her arms “ so you lied to us but are honest with her? “

“ Umma is Umma “ Yuri shrugged innocently.

“ I knew you didn’t do it , tell me who it was that got you in detention? “ Taeyeon put Yuri in a head lock, using the arm that had been around the latter’s shoulders.

“ let me go “ Yuri pouted.

“ it was Wooyoung wasn’t it? Sooyoung told me he was blabbing about how cool it was but saying you did it “ Taeyeon let go of Yuri and imagined Wooyoung’s face on the truck of a tree before smashing her fist into it , the sound of cracking wood could be heard throughout the forest.

“ I’m telling Umma and Appa that was you “ Yuri knew Mr. and Mrs. Kwon probably heard that too from inside the mansion.

“ he’s lucky I have self control or he’d be seriously in danger “ Taeyeon stretched her arms hid her wings , making them vanish from her back.

“ Taeyeon…are you okay? “ Yuri’s question was quite shocking; their roles seemed to reversed for the moment.

“ I’m fine , why? “ Taeyeon assured with a raised eyebrow.

“ just that you usually have to come get me out here , it’s a bit odd  “ Yuri gave a small laughing , hugging yun-yun.

“ my wings had been dying to fly all day long , I almost blew my cover in art “ Taeyeon explained to Yuri tiredly “ but don’t think or worry about me , you have enough in that mind of yours ok? “

Yuri nodded “ the detention lady told Jessica that she doesn’t think at all and that’s why she was in there “ she grinned in an amused way.

“ Jessica? Oh the girl in detention with you “ Taeyeon frowned and wagged her finger “ fraternizing with her , I don’t know if that’s something you should do “

“ fraternizing? “ Yuri giggled “ she didn’t even tell me her last name , you think just like Appa “ she noted , shaking her head.

“ he said that too? “ Taeyeon smiled.

Yuri nodded as they started trudging back “ not exactly but yeah , yun-yun finds Jessica scary and a bit rebel-ish if you ask him “

“ I’m guessing Appa asked yun-yun then “ Taeyeon sighed , holding up her arms “ too bad , you’ll have to steer clear of that girl “

Yuri pouted and halted in her steps “ …. “

“ Yuri? “ Taeyeon turned her head back.

“ nothing “ Yuri gave a small smile “ I just finally felt ok around someone other than you , Appa  and Umma but she’s on yun-yun’s naughty list  “

“ yun-yun’s what? “ Taeyeon chuckled, throwing her head back “ that sounded so wrong “

Yuri blinked innocently “ Taeyeon? “

“ I’m just being a ert “ Taeyeon shook her head and pinched Yuri’s right cheek. 

 

 

Changmin grinned sarcastically at Yoona as they headed to the Kim palace in the Sinner’s kingdom “isn’t it great now that I have to worry if she were to tell them what I said about Taeyeon possibly being on earth “ he cracked his neck stressfully.

“ Seohyun wouldn’t do that “ Yoona stated for the 12th time.

“ so you think , Yoona , you can’t trust saints , they make Grandfather look like the bad guy when it was their Lord who wanted to kill Taeyeon  “ Changmin explained as they bowed to the guards blocking the entrance.

“ thank you “ Yoona thanked the men as she passed them.

“ she’s using you , I know it , you’re nothing but a lustful temptation to her , don’t you realize when her game is over , you’ll be forgotten “ Changmin’s voice quieted down once they saw their Father , Sir Shim who was chatting with Sir Kim , Heechul and Lord Kim while Lady Shim was conversing with Lady Kim and Queen Kim.

“ just stop it , you don’t realize that you’re breaking my heart with your careless words “ Yoona told him , hoping he would just leave her alone.

“ what? “ Sir Shim averted his attention to his youngest who had nearly shouted at Changmin.

“ nothing Father “ Yoona hung her head while Changmin rolled his eyes , touching his hair agitatedly.

“ she has you like a fool wrapped around her innocence , that is if she is not truly foul like the rest of them  and she’s not like Auntie if that’s what you’re going to say , Auntie was different much different that’s why Uncle fell for her , this one you think you love reeks of lies and seduction  “ Changmin muttered lowly , only for Yoona’s ears to catch.

Yoona glared at her older brother “just because you’re into that despicable witch who is foul, doesn’t mean you can bring down my angel to her level which is 100 others in her skin except you “

Changmin visibly tensed because Yoona had struck a nerve “ take that back before I rip out your tongue and do it myself “

“ doesn’t seem like nothing to me , are the two of you quarreling about something? “ Lord Kim stared at his grandchildren with piercing curiosity.

“ NO MY LORD “ Changmin and Yoona both yelled at him while facing each other.

“ excuse me? “ Lord Kim growled back.

“ sorry my Lord “ they quickly apologized.

 “ so disrespectful , everyone carry on , I’ll deal with these two brats “ Heechul smirked in delight , walking up to Yoona and Changmin , making them go with him.

 

 

“ but you have , haven’t you? “ Sulli sighed.

“ I don ‘t know Sul , why the sudden curiosity about me falling in love? “ Tiffany asked as she rested against the oak tree, she and her mother had planted long ago when just having the idea to create a garden. Sulli’s head rested on Tiffany’s lap with her eyes closed, peacefully enjoying a moment with her older sister.

“well , at the party I heard Daddy say that some nice fel-fellows “ Sulli struggled with the last word  “ have been asking about you to Lord Park “ she informed.

“ oh..hmm “ Tiffany frowned , visibly not interested.

“ but then Mommy said none of them will do and there’s only that one who could have ever been perfect for you “ Sulli explained with a giggle.

“ she said that? Mom just knows me too well “ Tiffany blushed.

“ who is it then? The same one Auntie was talking about before? “ Sulli asked , this mysterious saint or at least who she thought was one of their kind , was really a mystery.

“ go on with what you were saying “ Tiffany commanded , hoping Sulli would take the hint and drop it.

“ then Lord Park asked who and then Daddy said he and Mommy had to go dance “ Sulli opened her eyes and looked up at Tiffany “ so Lord Park kneeled down to me and asked me who? But of course I don’t know, anyways he’s very nice, I think Queen Park is very lucky to have him “

Tiffany swallowed and looked down into her baby sister’s eyes “ Sul…I hate Lord Park “ she stated firmly.

“ huh? Why Fany ah? He’s our leader, leader of the saints “ Sulli reminded.

“ yes he is , we must respect and obey him “

Tiffany and Sulli looked at the intruder who was smiling charmingly at them.

“ Onew “ Tiffany said with annoyance obvious in her tone.

“ hey Tiffany “ Onew greeted with a bow as Sulli and Tiffany stood up.

“ I’m sorry , did I invite you in here? “ Tiffany asked Onew who merely smiled wider.

“ Sir Hwang said I could find you here , I’ve been meaning to ask you something “ Onew informed.

“ ask away “ Tiffany shrugged , crossing her arms.

“ um…privately “ Onew winked at Sulli.

“ um…privately “ Sulli winked back sarcastically.

“ I mean , you… “ Onew trailed off.

“ I mean , you… “ Sulli mocked him with a laugh.

“ could you? “ Onew gave Tiffany a pleading look.

“ Sul , I guess he really needs to talk to me privately , give us a few minutes ok “ Tiffany told Sulli with a sigh.

Sulli smiled at Tiffany “ ok Fany “ she nodded and began to skip out of the garden but she stopped near Onew and whispered to him “ you are so not that one “ on her way out.

“ what do you want? “ Tiffany questioned as Onew moved closer to her.

“ we’ve known each other quite a long time , our parents get along well , everything fits  perfectly  , I’m the most handsome and you’re the most beautiful , you know what I mean “ Onew spoke , sincerely trying to stare into Tiffany’s eyes.

“ I’m flattered that you think I’m the most beautiful , but here’s the problem , out of the two of us you’re the only one that thinks you’re the most handsome “ Tiffany giggled innocently while clapping softly.

Onew joined in with a small forced laugh “ I’ll have to prove it to you then “

“ I suppose I’d be highly entertained “ Tiffany stared at him incredulously as he kneeled down.

“ Tiffany Hwang , I have chosen you out of the many , many admirers I have for my date at the knights ceremony 5 weeks time from now “ Onew put a hand up confidently like he was sure Tiffany was going to take it.

Tiffany did take it and pulled him up, looking into his eyes “ then… “

“ yes? “ Onew flipped his bangs, trying to be smooth.

“ your many , many admirers can all rejoice because I can’t even consider the thought of you trying to woo me and attending that outrageous gathering “ Tiffany shook his hand and then let go “ Seo , do you think I’ll ever recover from rejecting Onew who himself says he’s the most handsome? “ she walked passed Onew to where Seohyun was stifling her laughter , she had arrived about five minutes ago but decided to watch this scene play out silently.

“ I’ll give you some time to think it over “ Onew said to heal his wounded pride as his wings flapped in an almost pout , up and out of the garden.

“ that was excellent “ Seohyun smiled at Tiffany.

“ yes , I’m glad you didn’t interrupt , he was growing cockier by the second “ Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“ so what’s up? “ she smiled back at Seohyun.

Seohyun took a breath “ ok , first we should sit down and second I don’t even know how to begin”

“ what? “ Tiffany giggled because of Seohyun’s seriousness “ oh no…that sinner is stalking you again huh? “ she gave an angry look “ want me to kill that ert? “

“ about that sinner Fany… “ Seohyun looked down guiltily.

“ Seo? “ Tiffany tilted her head curiously.

“ ok , look somehow I ended up in the Sinner’s Kingdom and I overheard something , let’s just start with that “ Seohyun looked back up.

 Tiffany shrugged and confusedly tapped her own cheek “ ok I guess…what did you overhear? “

 

 

“ alright brats , what’s going on between you? “ Heechul crossed his arms as he planted himself down a cloud with Yoona and Changmin who were facing their backs to each other “ I’m not a peacemaker but right now with the preparations Grandpa has to make because of this matter , he does not deserve to be disrespected by “

“ what’s going on? “ Yoona questioned with a frown.

“ yeah Chul , what is it? “ Changmin was in the dark about this matter as well.

“ well , we didn’t want to say anything yet but a mysterious force seems to be threatening us “ Heechul informed as he stretched his wings lazily “ we had a rude run in with one of their members who thought he could take me “

“ when was this? Who are they? “ Yoona and Chansung asked in unison.

“ sorry brats , I can’t tell you anymore , Grandpa is going to be addressing the kingdom soon though “ Heechul sighed and shook his head “ but anyways let’s get back to the bickering huh? “ he motioned to them.

“ ask Yoona , I have good news unlike this traitor “ Changmin stated with a monotone.

“ shut up , I’m not a traitor , you idiotic imbecile “ Yoona spat him with venom.

“ look whatever toy you two are fighting over is of no importance right now “ Heechul scolded.

Yoona nodded “ you’re right , I’m going to go apologize to Grandfather and everyone for acting so childish earlier , he may need more persuading until he does the same “ she fluttered away with her tongue stuck out at Changmin.

Changmin balled his hands into fists “ you have no idea what Yoona has been up to “

“ it can’t be as catastrophic as the threat we have received “ Heechul stated.

“ we’ll see “ Changmin snorted sarcastically.

Heechul lifted his left wing straight up to show Changmin the large gash on it “ that guy was very , very strong and you know no one is able to catch me off guard in battle…until now “ he explained.

“ ouch “ Changmin winced as he stared at the wound.

“ I don’t know what he was , his wings were silver and his eyes were dark , pitch black “ Heechul described his new enemy “ I was paralyzed after he had struck me , if it hadn’t been for brother coming along , it might’ve been worse “ he continued , referring to how Sir Kim had saved him.

Changmin suddenly jumped causing the cloud to move.

“ what are you doing? “ Heechul chuckled at Changmin because of the sudden childish action.

“ well I have good news “ Changmin continued to hint by jumping to the next cloud “ you know when you open the portal for the unknown you have to make sure it’s actually open “

Heechul rubbed his chin in thought as he leaped after Changmin “ I don’t understand , you know you’re jumping like Taeyeon used to… “ he trailed off as Changmin gave him a smirk.

“because if you don’t , you can actually wind up accidentally  sending someone tumbling down to earth in reverse “ Changmin concluded.

“ don’t tell me “ Heechul didn’t look excited as he figured what Changmin was getting at.

“ you , you tossed Taeyeon down to earth , I know it’s a long shot to think she may be alive , with all of the loss of her being but its still possible “ Changmin smiled hopefully.

Heechul sighed and tugged at his short hair “ are you sure? “

“ I can prove it to you “ Changmin offered cockily. 

 

 

 

“ eww , Sooyoung stop talking with your mouth full “ Sunny scolded , grossing out.

“ yeah , all in favor? “ Taeyang raised his hand causing IU, Sandara , Taeyeon , Sunny and Jiyoung to do the same.

Sooyoung swallowed down the massive amount of food in and pouted “ I know when I’m not wanted “ she pretended to begin getting up from the table.

“ we know you’re not going anywhere “ Sunny pulled Sooyoung back down which made everyone laugh.

Taeyeon caught sight of Yuri out of the corner of her eye, she had been watching out for the latter since she arrived in the cafeteria about 10 minutes ago “ YURI AH “ she called.

Yuri was in line with Jessica as they finished getting their chosen lunches when she heard Taeyeon.

Yuri looked over and saw that Taeyeon was sitting with IU , Sunny , Sooyoung and some faces that she didn’t recognize , giving Taeyeon a smile in response to the shout.

“ come over here “ Taeyeon mouthed and motioned with a hand.

Yuri looked back at Jessica unsurely “ u-uh can I… sit with you?”

“ I think you and yun-yun should sit with them “ Jessica teased as she shrugged and walked over to an empty table , sitting down.

Yuri pursed her lips and looked down at yun-yun who was resting on her tray, she then looked back up and towards Taeyeon.

“ what? “ Taeyeon mouthed.

“ I’m fine “ Yuri mouthed back and waved her off as she went to the table Jessica sat down at.

Yuri grinned at Jessica who pretended not to notice while she sat down , purposely taking yun-yun off of her tray and setting him down directly across from Jessica as if the dinosaur was staring at her happily.

“ very funny “ Jessica rolled her eyes as looked up from her food and glared at yun-yun.

“ and original “ Yuri laughed and picked up her juice carton , punching her straw into it and drinking from it like a kindergartner.

Jessica watched Yuri with an amused expression.

“ what? “ Yuri asked innocently.

 “ what , what?” Jessica shrugged and picked up her slice of pizza, taking a bite.

Yuri raised an eyebrow “ what ,what , what? “

Jessica finished her bite and wiped with a napkin “ what , what , what , what? “ she asked back.

Yuri put her juice down “ what , what , what , what , what , what…that was too many what’s “ she pouted before laughing with Jessica.

 

Taeyeon was watching them interact and got up with her food “ I’m going to go sit with Yuri and that girl “

“ me too “ IU stood up and followed Taeyeon , almost simultaneously everyone else at the table did the same.

 

“Umma says I just picked it up and put it in my mouth before they could stop me “ Yuri told Jessica with a cool nod.

“ that’s gross “ Jessica giggled “ oh , I’ve eaten cucumbers before “she said while she shivered affectively.

Yuri was confused “ what’s gross about that?” she questioned while picking up her sandwich.

“cucumbers are like the nastiest duh “ Jessica reasoned obviously.

“ really?” Yuri asked and pulled a slice of one out of her sandwich, leaning over the table and holding it out towards Jessica’s face.

“ Yahhh “ Jessica whined and swatted it away.

“ hehe “ Yuri laughed in delight and then tossed the piece of cucumber into .

“ yuck “ Jessica shook her head.

“ Hey “ Taeyeon greeted as she sat down beside Yuri , interrupting them “ I’m Taeyeon “ she offered a hand to Jessica.

“ that’s nice “ Jessica replied coldly , not bothering to even glance at the offered hand.

Yuri laughed in enjoyment as Taeyeon turned to her confused by Jessica’s negativity.

“ Hi “ IU , Sunny, Sooyoung , Sandara, Jiyoung and Taeyang said in unison as they filled in the rest of the table.

Yuri just stared at them while Jessica didn’t even bother to acknowledge them.

“ what’s up Yul?” Sooyoung tried to get rid of the awkwardness and then smiled at Jessica “ hey Jung , sorry about your Uncle “

Yuri frowned as Jessica got up immediately and took her food with her while she briskly walked to a table far away from all the others in the cafeteria. The girl then sat down with a blank expression, staring at her tray.

“ Yah “ Sunny  hit Sooyoung.

“ what? My Appa and Umma have been telling me to tell her that for years now, I finally had the opportunity “ Sooyoung shrugged innocently.

“ you have no shame “ Taeyang told Sooyoung.

Taeyeon frowned “ am I missing something here?”

“ nothing “ IU shook her head, assuring.

 “neither does your height “ Sooyoung came up with a comeback and stuck her tongue out at Taeyang.

“ aha “ Jiyoung chuckled as he gave Sooyoung a high five.

“ wahaha “ Sandara cracked up as well.

“ Yah , you’re my girlfriend “ Taeyang pouted.

“ sorry , it just sounded funny “ Sandara kissed him to cheer him up.

Yuri grabbed yun-yun and hugged him as IU who slid over to Jessica’s place, gave her a kind smile.

“ Yuri “ IU muttered , staring at Yuri happily.

Taeyeon nudged Yuri’s sneaker with  her own under the table.

Yuri glanced at Taeyeon questioningly.

“ say hi “ Taeyeon said silently.

Yuri in reply just hung her head, playing with yun-yun.

 “ anyways like I was saying , I mean instead of singing with a track , its more classy to sing accompanied right? “ IU continued what they were talking about before moving to Yuri’s table.

“the problem is Auntie will only allow a student to play the piano for the concert which cause all of these only care about ourselves classmates of ours that can play will not do it “ she said in frustration.

 Taeyeon smiled “ a piano player? Yuri’s great at playing “ she informed.

Yuri looked up and glared at Taeyeon , shaking her head disapprovingly.

“ oh yeah , you took lessons forever? Yuri Pleeease , Pleeeease , if you do it , I’m genie for your wish “ IU sang , looking at Yuri hopefully.

“ and that was IU with desperate at its best “ Jiyoung spoke up like an announcer and got hit on the head by Sandara’s fist.

Taeyeon nudged Yuri under the table again to answer “ what do you say? “

IU gave Yuri a hurt puppy face as a last resort.

Yuri blushed and gave a little nod in defeat.

“ thank you , thank you , thank you “ IU grinned happily.

Taeyeon laughed while Yuri let herself fall against the table.

 “ you going to eat your food , Yul? “ Sooyoung asked causing Sandara , Taeyang and Jiyoung to groan and mutter “ Pig “ under their breaths.

Yuri puffed up her cheeks awkwardly after putting her head back up before handing Sooyoung the rest of her food.

“ hehe “ IU giggled at the cute expression.

Taeyeon was highly amused by the scene as Sooyoung looked like she just won an endless supply of food.

 Sunny smacked Sooyoung on the head “ is there a reason you have a mouth? “

“ yes “ Sooyoung turned to Sunny “ to eat  “ she picked up the chicken sandwich and took a bite.

 “ grow up “ Sunny faced the opposite direction, hiding the small smile on her lips.

“ good afternoon fellow hardworking students and Sooyoung “  Jiyeon greeted with a kind smile and sat beside Yuri , turning to the latter “ Hi , I’m Park Jiyeon “

“ better known as a troll “ Sooyoung coughed.

Yuri froze and blinked several times silently.

“ ok then “ Jiyeon let out a laugh and mouthed to IU “ this cutie is so weird “ she then turned back to Yuri “ new kid , I know I’m pretty but geez you’re making me blush “  

Yuri chocked on her on spit as Jiyeon playfully touched her face.

“ Jiyeon stop trying to seduce Yul , you evil little thi- errrrup “ Sooyoung burped loudly.

“ wow , really? “ Sunny scooted away from Sooyoung in disgust.

“ you’re puke worthy Choi Sooyoung “ Jiyeon complained and stopped touching Yuri’s smooth skin.

“ dude… “ Taeyang trailed off with food in his mouth that he now wanted to spit out.

“ geez , you’re killing me “Jiyoung threw his head back , laughing up a storm.

“ what? Its natural “ Sooyoung pouted innocently.

 “ I agree “  Taeyeon smiled slowly and intertwined her fingers with IU’s.

IU looked down between her and Taeyeon at their joint hands with a light blush. She caught Taeyeon’s eyes as she looked back up towards the latter.

Taeyeon just stared at her dazedly.

“ if you’re going to give each other hungry eyes , do it elsewhere cause I’m actually trying to eat lunch here unlike the two of you who are looking to eat something entirely different “ Sooyoung interrupted their moment.

“ ert “ Sunny spat at Sooyoung in disbelief.

 “ hahaha “ Taeyang and Jiyoung were both clapping in amazement, Sooyoung was just too outspoken.

Sandara and Jiyeon were speechless.

IU leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder embarrassedly trying to hide her reddening face.

“ maybe we will “ Taeyeon replied flatly with a smirk.

“ what? “ Sunny gaped, her mind going to the gutter.

“ sour candies “ Taeyeon held up the bag of treats innocently.

“ who’s the ert now? “ Sooyoung teased Sunny, nudging her jokingly.

“ still you “ Sunny flicked Sooyoung back.

“ nice “ IU lifted her head as she took the bag from Taeyeon, opening it eagerly.

Jiyeon was starting to feel very uncomfortable with Yuri’s intense stare on her.

“ I’m seriously becoming shy here , do you want to try my pudding something “ she picked up her spoon and chocolate pudding , scooping up a bit and offering to Yuri with a shy smile.

Yuri remained unresponsive.

“ as student council vice president , I order you to open your mouth “ Jiyeon ordered demandingly with a threatening tone.

Yuri’s mouth fell agape and the pudding was shoved in.

“ hahaha “ Taeyeon and the others sniggered , this just made their day , poor innocent Yuri being ordered by perfectionist Jiyeon.

“ ooh me next , me next “ Sooyoung opened , leaning over the table towards Jiyeon.

“ back off you hyena “ Sunny swatted the animal down.

“ good new kid “ Jiyeon petted Yuri on the head like a puppy and took the latter’s free hand that wasn’t clutching the dinosaur which she chose to ignore “ now eat the rest “ she put the cup of pudding with the spoon into Yuri’s hand.

“ thank you Jiyeon for this awesome pudding “ Jiyeon told herself “ oh you’re welcome new kid “

Yuri did as she was told and began to eat the pudding.