His Voice

His Voice [One Shot]

 

     I tossed and turned in my bed. My thoughts too numerous for me to get any sleep. Checking the clock it said midnight. It wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have to go into work early tomorrow.

     To help me get to sleep, I took out my iPod and played 2AM's Confession of a Friend. I closed my eyes and listened the words, smiling a bit. This was the song that my best friend Hoya sang to me. That day I learned his feelings for me and I learned about his incredible singing voice.

     Halfway through the song I realized this wouldn't do. If I was going to fall asleep to this song, then I needed him to sing it. My best friend turned boyfriend.

     I couldn't just call him, could I? It was midnight. He's probably asleep in his dorm with the rest of the Infinite members. Hoya needs all the sleep that he could get. I think his sleep is more important. So tonight I'll settle for 2AM. I'll have him sing to me in the morning.

     I replayed it from the beginning and tried again to fall asleep. I just couldn't. Since I had brought up his voice, I was dying to hear it now. There was no way I was going to sleep until I heard it. Even though I might wake him up, I called him.

     It rang and rang. I thought he wouldn't answer. It seemed on the last possible ring, he answered.

     “Oh, hey.” He said.

     I wanted to be happy to hear his voice but he sounded so tired.

     “Hi Oppa. I didn't wake you, did I?”

     “I'm not even at the dorm right now. We're still practicing.”

     I checked the time on my clock to make sure I had gotten it right. Yes, it was still midnight. He should be sleeping right now.

     “Your still practicing? What about resting?”

     I heard him laugh lightly and I couldn't help from breaking into a smile.

     “I think by now you should know we practice late into the night. How else do you think that we have moves so in synch?”

     His group was in synch. I guess you can't get that from a few hours of practice. At least I didn't wake him. That was the thing bugging me.

     “I still don't think it has sunk in that I'm dating an idol. And we've been dating since...”

     I trailed off pretending to forget.

     “Since She's Back! You know this!” He almost yelled.

     I think he was too tired to yell. I giggled and sat up in my bed.

     “I know. I was just having fun.”

     “It's late, you shouldn't be having fun. You need to be sleeping.”

     I'm not the only one.

     “Trust me Oppa. I know what the time is. I can't sleep though. I was hoping that you could sing to me?”

     I'm not sure why but I figured he would say no. I heard voice in the background and it sounded like people were fighting over the phone. I then heard the voice of Woohyun.

     “I'm a better singer then Hoya.” He said.

     “I beg to differ. Put my boyfriend back on.”

     I heard more arguing then silence. I checked to see if I was still in the call and I was. I put the phone back to my ear in time to hear Hoya.

     “I've escaped the others. I can sing to you then I have to get back to practice.”

     I got back under the blanket and listened to the sound of Hoya singing me 2AM. ( The song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2pGyul618  ) I closed my eyes and started to doze off. I heard him wish my a goodnight before I fell asleep.  

_______________________________

Short but I hope that you liked it! ^^