T W O

Seven Idols

Six were found with ease...one, however, remains unknown...

* * *

"One star left...the biggest and brightest of them all..." Fire Starter breathed.

"But we've searched everywhere!" The Earth King complained, childishly.

Only the Water Chief seemed to be in control of what was happening. "...except Air... You six, I'm sorry to say this, but you must enter the Kingdom of Air. I don't care how you do that, but you must...all your lives depend on it..."

* * *

"The KOA is here...and we're here at the moment..." Krystal studied the map and pointed out where they were in the Spirit Pole, as opposed to where the last Idol may be hiding.

"But how will we get there?" Dongwoo whined.

It took a moment, but Youngmin replied, "Simple...we go this way, travel through the water somehow, and reach the Kingdom."

"It's not that far from here...maybe we could just base it on pure luck and try to get there as quickly as possible," Naeun suggested.

Taemin shook his head and turned to Krystal and Naeun. "You guys are from the Water Realm, right? Do you know a way for us to also transform into mermaids or something and go like that to Air?"

Kwangmin nodded his own head and agreed. "If the Air Guards have been able to go underwater, then we should too, right?"

Krystal and Naeun cast each other a glance and reluctantly nodded. "I guess so..." Krystal sighed.

"But it takes some time, and effort..." Naeun added.

"Well...what're you waiting for?" Youngmin's sudden outburst had startled them all.

Within an hour of the boys watching tiredly, the girls finally managed to conjure something up after straining and water using.

"A vial?" Kwangmin was domfounded.

"Of what, poison?" Youngmin joined in with his twin.

"You idiots...it's a potion that can turn you into a mermaid for a limited time," Krystal rolled her eyes.

Without a second word, Dongwoo grabbed the vial and swallowed several drops. Almost instantly, his legs began to change and everyone watched on as they changed into a slimy yellow thing with two fins at the end, and thousands of bright-yellow scales, piled up on each other. But that wasn't the only thing that changed...

Dongwoo's hair turned into a deep, slick blonde, his eyes a honey-brown and holes appeared in his neck.
"Ach! My neck!" He stuck a finger into one of the holes and screamed like a girl when he felt nothing there.

Taemin shook his head yet again and breathed inwardly. "You were supposed to wait until we reached the water...which is over there..." He pointed at a vast ocean of in the distance.

"FYI, those 'holes' you're referring to are called gills," Krystal grabbed one of his arms. "C'mon, we need to carry him to the water now."

Naeun grabbed his other arm, Youngmin grabbed the bottom part of the tail, Kwangmin, the higher part and Taemin supported his entire body.

"Guys...I'm pretty sure that we should hurry if we want to get to the KOA and before Dongwoo changes from fishy to human," Kwangimin stated and gulped down some of the potion, turning his legs into a fluro-orange tail, his eyes caramel and his hair ginger.

Youngmin rolled his eyes, snatched the bottle and soon, his legs transformed into an angry looking red, his eyes burning with a passionate blood-colour and his hair an unimaginable shade of auburn.

Taemin stared with his mouth wide open. "...does it taste nice?"

"Yep, now take some," Dongwoo said.

"But...but..."

"No buts," struggling to get up with his tail, Dongwoo poured the rest of the liquid into Taemin's mouth and waited.

A few seconds passed. "Um...why isn't he transforming?" Kwangmin looked concerned.

Krystal stared at the boy beside her. "Swallow," She commanded.

Reluctantly, Taemin swallowed and his change took place almost immediately.

His hair spiked up in a girly indigo and his tail flashed with the brightest purple ever. His scales though...they made everyone laugh.

The scales on Taemin's scale were in the shape of cute little hearts that were decorated with purpley sequins.

Krystal pushed all of them into the water while she and Naeun transformed themselves.

* * *

Under the water, they all saw things in a new light. The water itself seemed to hum with life, and instead of being one colour, it gradually changed to every shade of blue there was.

At that moment, Naeun remembered something. "We should move fast," She bubbled. "You see how your nails have turned white? Well, they'll turn back to pink, one by one, and when the last one does, you'll return back to human, regardless of where you are."

Taemin suddenly started hyperventilating (if that's possible in the water) and screamed when he saw one of Dongwoo's fingernails revert back to their original colour. After that happened, all the other guys started panicking too.

As if that wasn't enough...something started coming their way...and fast...