My Love Story

My Love Story

“Jessi, Look at Taeyeon. He’s so handsome, right?” Tiffany said then pointed at Taeng who’s talking to the group of boys. I just nodded. He’s my crush. My prince. My love-so-sweet. My cherry pie. My cupcake. The love of my life.

 

Okay, I’m exaggerating. I’ll stop. They’re quite famous in this school. In their group, there’s Taeyeon, Yul, Yoong and SooYoung.

 

Kim Taeng is Smart, Handsome and Dorky. While Kwon Yul is known as the campus heartthrob, they all are. But Yul is the number one. I’ve heard that he has no girlfriend since birth. Im Yoong, is a close friend of mine, He is funny and a gentleman. While Choi Sooyoung, I can always see that he has always food. And Yoong shares it with him. I wonder why don’t they get fat?

 

“He’s okay” I said

“Everyone to you is okay. You’re really not normal” Tiffany said

 

“Yeah, maybe you should check up on a doctor” Sunny said then looked at her boyfriend, SooYoung. Then SooYoung winked at her

 

“Why Unnie? Is Jessica Unnie sick?” Asked our Innocent maknae, who’s being courted by one of the boys in that group, Yoong.

 

“No maknae, Jessica's not sick. Yeah, Jessica. You’re abnormal. Look at me, I was eight years old when I had my first boyfriend” Hyoyeon said. You just don’t know Hyoyeon, You just don’t know.

 

“Hi girls” Then Taeng came over and smiled dorkily at us. Omyygaaad! I thought I'm non-existence to him. He’s here. I can die now. OMG!!! Oh, We still need to get married so I can’t die now. It’s like the time stopped. See? I know how it feels, I’m not abnormal like they said. I nodded at him and rested on my chair so they won’t see any signs that I like him. No, I love him. He can make me go crazy in just 'hi' .

 

“Tiffany, can I talk to you for a sec?” I heard him ask Tiffany. Does he like Tiffany? Is he going to ask Tiffany out? NO! All hell will break lose. Wait, I’m exaggerating again.

 

And I also know Tiffany has this big crush on Yul. Maybe Taeng is her 2nd crush. She may have 30 crushes. She’s a boy magnet. She’s attractive, you’re gonna fall for her eye smiles.

 

“Girls, I’ll be back. I’ll just accompany Taeng” I raised my hand as a signal that she can go. Minutes went by and she came back with a big smile on her face.

 

“What happened to you?” I got curious of what they talked about.

“Nothing. Just…something” She said then blushed.

 

“What? Whatever.” Then I rested my head again on the desk then I sighed. Maybe Taeng confessed to her.   

 

******

The next day…

 

We’re waiting for our teacher. Mr. Lee. He is always late… The 3 girls are not here. They went to the cafeteria.

 

“I’ll go check up on them. I’ll be back” Tiffany said

“Okay, go!” I said then rested my head on the chair when I heard someone talk.

 

“Hi Jessica” I looked up and saw Taeng. Omygaad! He’s so cute, I wanna pinch his cheeks.

 

“What do you need?” I asked and raised my eye brow. So that he won’t notice that I have this super duper crush on him.

 

Uhm..” What does he need? Will he ask me out? Will he ask me to marry him?

“Are you okay?” I asked him since he is turning pale.

 

“I am. Ahmm. How are --- How is Tiffany? Is she dating someone?” He said then scratched the back of his neck. Oh, he went here just to ask for Tiff. Maybe he really likes her.

 

“Tiffany? As far as I know, She’s not dating someone” I said not wanting to make it obvious that I’m jealous.

“That’s good to hear. How abo---” I cut him off.

 

“Wait, do you like Tiffany? You want me to help you with her?” I said then winked at him even if inside I'm dying of jealousy. Then he blushed, oh! Boys are cute when they are blushing. I wish he will blush like for me.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked, a confused look written on his face.

“It’s okay. I’ll help you with her.” I said then smiled.

 

“O-kay? I’ll just approach you when I need some information. Bye!” He said then walked away. I sighed, I think I need to give up my feelings for him.


**

 

 

Days went by, and we’re starting to get close. I think this is okay than before. We’ll talk about Tiffany, We’ll talk about my and his life And sometimes, he’s sitting next to me. And Tiff is sitting next to Yul. Then I can see Tiff staring at Yul. Then Taeng will look at them and smile. Maybe he’s jealous? I want to tell him I feel like that when he and Tiff is talking. *sigh*

 

“D’you have a problem?” Taeng asked, and his face… his face… his face is so, so close. If I move an inch, we’ll kiss. I want to kiss him right now! But, I still have my dignity. So, No!

 

“Uh-ah. No” I said then moved away. Then he laughed

“Why are you laughing?” I asked irritated. He’s laughing for 10 minutes. He went near me and wiped my sweats. And my heart beat is beating like crazy again!

 

 

I can’t like him nor love him. He likes Tiff. I’ll just get hurt if I pushed my feelings to him. And I notice Tiffany is avoiding me. She's not sitting on the seat next to me. In fact, she's the one who'll sit on the chair beside Yul first. Is she mad at me?

 

I walked alone on my way home. But, I noticed a park nearby. I went to the swings and I saw a man.

 

“Mister. Can I sit here?” I asked him since he is not facing me.

“Yeah, go on” He said

 

“Jessica Jung?” He said and I looked at him

“Oh, Kwon Yul.” I said then smiled.

 

I noticed a two figure under the tree sitting. Tiffany and…Taeng. They are chatting happily and they’re laughing. *sigh*

 

“You like Taeng?” Yul said then faced me.

“WHAT???” I said

 

“I said you like him” He repeated. Not a question anymore but a sentence.

“How-c-can-y-you-b-be-s-so-sure?” I stuttered. Dafaq! Now I’m obvious.

 

“Don’t worry. I know how you feel” He what?

“You what?” I said.

 

“I’ll say it to you. Since I know I can trust you. Wait, can I trust you?” He asked

“Depends.” I said then shrugged.

“I like Tiffany”

 

“Oh, Love Triangle” I said then he laughed. I mean Love Square, I like Taeng. But Taeng likes Tiffany. And Tiffany likes Yul. And Yul likes, No, He doesn’t like me. It’s really their love triangle. I’m just an extra. Maybe Tiffany is starting to like Taeng.

 

“Yeah I know. So, you like him?” He repeated

“Yes, I do. Can I ask you a question?” I asked him.

Yeah, sure.” He said then smiled.

 

“Why do you think Tiffany is avoiding me?” I asked then raised my eyebrow.

“What do you think you did?” He said then put his arm on his chin.

 

“Well.. I started talking to.. Taeng” I said that and it made me unsure of it.

“Maybe that’s it. Maybe she’s starting to have feelings for Taeng. Maybe she’s jealous at you”

“Really? You think so?” I said then smiled sadly

 

“I didn't realized that things would turn this way” I heard him whisper.

 

Maybe I should try to avoid them. So that Tiff won’t be jealous anymore. And Taeng will have this chance to Tiff. I’m just really an extra to their story.

 

**

 

 

The next day…

 

I walked into the class and saw them sitting together And by them, I mean Taeng and Tiffany. Taeng is sitting at my spot and Tiffany is sitting on the chair beside my spot and they are laughing. It breaks my heart. 

 

I sat next to Yul and started talking to him, I thought he’s a serious man. But he’s really funny. While our teacher is having his lesson, Yul said something that made me laughed so hard.

 

“There’s one time, It’s Halloween. I knocked on a door. I was wearing a full red costume. And the girl opened it then I said ‘I’m your monthly period, I came to visit you’ then she chased me with a broom” He said, I mean whispered.

 

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” I laughed so hard that all my classmates and my teacher looked at me. Then Yul covered my mouth and I was still laughing. In front of me was Tiffany and Taeng who is looking now at us, Confused. 

 

 

“Miss Jung, Mister Kwon. Is there any problem there?” Mister Lee asked and we both stood up. Then bowed.

 

 

“We’re sorry. Please continue” We both said and I giggled. I playfully hit his shoulder. Then wiped the tears from my laugh.

 

**

 

Weeks went by,  I’m still avoiding Tiffany and Taeng. I was always with Yul. I can always see them looking at us when we are talking. What’s their problem? I’m giving them their time. Me and Yul decided to stop our feelings for them. It will only make us hurt. But there’s this one time that Tiffany approached me.

 

~> Flashback

“Jessi. Do we have any problem?” She said

“No. How can you say that?” I said then shook my head.

 

“Nothing. I feel like you’re avoiding me. I miss my best friend” You’re right, you're avoiding me too. And I miss you too. 

 

“Hey, I do not. I’m just really busy” I lied.

 

“Hey Fany. Hey Jessica” Great. He now has nickname for Tiff. How sweet. *note the sarcasm*

“Ah, Guys. I need to go. Yul’s waiting for me” I said then pointed at the door where Yul is standing.

 

“Wai--”

See, she’s avoiding us” “Is she and Yul together now? I'm so...” I heard them whisper. Am I really that obvious? And no, me and Yul are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

~> End of Flashback

 

**

 

1 week after….

Yul and I walked together on the way to school. At the end of the hallway, I saw Taeng and Tiff. Taeng has this rose and she is giving it to Tiffany.

 

“I like you. No, I- I love you” There. His magic words. Tiffany eye-smiled. It shattered my heart into pieces. There’s tears forming in my eyes. I thought I don’t like him anymore. Maybe the more I avoid him, the more I fall for him.  It really does hurt to fall in love.

 

I was about to run when Yul hugged me. I was crying into his chest.

 

“Hey. Stop crying. It’s gonna be okay!” Said Yul who is comforting me. Then I heard their voice…

 

 

“SICA?” “YUL??” I froze at my spot. I broke free from Yul’s hug. I need to run, I was about to run when someone dragged me into our room. I can see Yul and Tiff talking while this someone is dragging me... Tiffany and Yul talking, so that means, the one who is dragging me is.... TAENG??? 

 

 

 

 

 

I was surprised at what I saw. There’s hearts everywhere. And at the back of the room, There’s our classmates with card board written ‘I L O V E Y O U, S I C A ‘ Is it Valentines day? Then I looked at the person who dragged me,

 

“Wh-what’s this?” I asked, clueless.

“It’s for you. Pabo!” He said then smiled.

 

“Wh-what ab-about Tiffany? And the first time that you talked to me you asked me if Tiff has a boyfriend” I said then he shook his head.

 

“No. Yul asked that” Taeng said then pointed at Yul.

“Yeah. I did” Yul said then made a peace sign. Oh so, Me and Yul had the same thought, We thought that Tiff and Taeng are dating. So that's why he said at the park "I didn't realized that things would turn out this way." 

 

“Yah! Jessi! I only helped him. He’s just a coward. And I’m not avoiding you. In fact I’m helping you have your time with him. But you avoided us.” Tiffany said.

 

“And I said that to her” Yul said then smiled at me then to Tiff. And I’m still crying.

 

 

 

“So, Jessica Jung Sooyeon. I will explain everything to you. Yul has this little crush on Tiffany. Then I talked to Tiffany. I asked her if you are dating someone or not. We are talking and our topic is only you. So, when I approached you, you had misunderstand me. You thought that I like Tiffany.

 

It's hard for me to pretend that I like Tiffany when it's you who i like, no, let me rephrase that. It's you who I love. I have no guts for telling you this. And i thought that my chance is being wasted when I saw you and Yul together. I thought that Yul made it before me.

 

But one thing is for sure, Yul really likes Tiff. So, Sica. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?” He said then I cried more. Then, I looked at my friends. 

 

Tiffany nodded happily. Yul smiled. Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon nodded. Seohyun and Yoona who is holding hands made an ‘ok’ sign. Wait, are they together now? I’ll put that aside.

 

 

“Of course! I waited long for this” I said then kissed him. Then our classmates cheered. Forget what I said earlier. There’s no love if there’s no hurt. Happiness comes after suffering.

 

And this is my love story.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Please give me comments. Thankyouuuu