Serenity

Serenity

"This beautiful silence that I hear,
It's a serenade to my ears."

I watched Leo standing there, his head was hung low and shoulders were sagged. Silently sobbing to himself as we stood in silence, in front of his father's grave. Soft sprinkles of rain hit the umbrella that I was holding above the both of us, the sound they made filled the words that we couldn't find a way to say. He and I were dressed in fitted black suits, as we were the last to stay after the funeral. The scene was so placid to me. Nothing except nature was moving, it was as if time had left us for a while.

"Do.. Do you think that visiting his gravestone will actually have any significance..?" Leo tilted his head back as the tears trailed down his soft face.
"I'm sure he'd be grateful every time you visit him here."
"You think?"
"Well, I believe that this place serves as a bridge between the living and the deceased. A place for them to meet again." I soothed. Slowly dropping the umbrella I looked up at the sky; sun rays beamed through the grey clouds warming our faces delicately. 
"...That's good. I'll get to see him soon then."


"The leaves dotted the paths a flaming red,
It's an elegant sight to my eyes."

Leo and I walked down the familiar stone walkway as we had just finished visiting his father. I stopped and closed my eyes, feeling the cool, soft wind that was blowing into my back. I heard Leo stop walking and I opened my eyes to meet his, smiling softly.

"Don't you think this place is beautiful?" I asked Leo as he smiled back.
"Only you'd say something like that."
"But don't you think it's true? ... It's just, so calming here."
"Yes. I guess it is." He whispered, looking up to the sky that was painted a crystal clear blue that day. Thin, silk-like clouds layered over the blue making the sky look like a work of art. The wind picked up slightly, lifting leaves off the ground as the wind danced with them. The flowers swayed sweetly alongside the leaves and the wind as well. It's small things like this that makes this place so special.
My attention had suddenly moved back to Leo as he hummed softly with that gracious voice of his; he looked like he was bathing in sunlight with the rays reaching him at every right angle. I was under a spell. Under his spell. My heart had fluttered as he immersed himself further in his own singing, raising his voice slightly, slowly shifting into singing a ballad. I just simply stood there, staring at him.

"People are going to mistake you for a statue if you keep standing there like that" Leo joked, pecking me on the lips. 
"But if being a statue earns a kiss from you then I wouldn't mind" I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a sweet chaste kiss. One of innocence and loving for one another.

 

"There's nothing here besides us,
Our sanctuary."

You're standing here today again holding an umbrella up for yourself this time. It's a soft Spring time drizzle today. The raindrops pet your umbrella creating a soothing melody to my ears. Your head is hung low, but I can see past it. I see the subtle smile you wear as you sing a lullaby; a lullaby of sweet, soothing nothings. It seems that you have come in casual dress today, a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans - it's so like you - but I wouldn't have it any other way. I stand next to you, but even though no words are exchanged between us, I can still feel the love that's radiating off of you. I wonder, can you feel mine as well? I look around and see the drizzle turning into a sun shower, slowly letting up. The daisies glisten from the dew that is left on them, the leaves dip slightly from the weight of the water and there is a pale rainbow sketched into the sky, illuminating from the sun's golden rays.
My attention is turned back to you as you place a small bouquet in front of the grave. A bouquet of white tulips - my favourite flower,  it seems you have come to love them as well. But I guess it'd have to be natural, seeing as how I kept telling you all the reasons to love tulips. I count 5 pure white tulips as you put your hands together in prayer. Lifting your head, you smiled that brilliant smile of yours, looking at the tomb stone.

Cha Hakyeon
Forever living within memories
"Lean on me, believe in my love.
Let's be together for always,
forever"

I smile back at you, and wonder if you can see it. I'm sorry I can't make anymore memories with you. I'm sorry I can't hold the umbrella up for the both of us today. I'm sorry to sadden you, but thank you. Thank you for visiting me and making me smile.

Can you sense it? This place is as calm and soothing as it has always been. This place, is where I can meet you again; the bridge between the living and the deceased.

"Time has stopped for us.
For a little while,
I can meet you again."

 

------ 
Hello~! I hope you all liked it, and I hope I didn't make people cry too much haha (and I finally managed to write something that isn't SooHoon ehehehe)
I tried to make this as pretty as possible, because I think it's rude to just call a cemetery all those scary things >_<;; 
It's a place for the deceased to rest in peace.. so yeah.
Thank you for reading!