0

Creating Destiny
Prologue

This is the first chapter of my spin-off. It will not be about Misun or EXO, but about a new character mentioned a few times in SMS and will involve Infinite. If you finished The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars then you may recognize some things in this chapter. I dropped hints here and there about this story, so yes it is written in the same universe. There may also be some crossover, but for the most part it will be a stand alone. Still I suggest you read SMS before reading the spin-off Creating Destiny.

There was once a time of peace throughout the lands of fantasy. It was brief, but it was beautiful; and while not all creatures cohabited nicely, there were no wars, and there was no fighting. Yet, even in this time, malicious thoughts and feelings grew. Malevolent actions were had, and tyranny was coming to the forefront. Creatures knew of this, but no one was prepared for it.

It seemed to happen overnight; the vampires overtake. Although overtake would be a strong word, if they had any say. It was more of a…shift in power; as in, all witch power to the vampires. It was both surprising and not to all other creatures.

Beforehand, rumors had been spoken and heard of the vampire breed’s rough treatment of the magical humans. Rumors of capture, of misuse, of slavery; and it all turned out to be true. The royally parched, as they were called, had amassed an army of witches; some of the brightest and strongest. They gathered them not of their freewill, and they forced them to all at once show off the new strength the Parched held.

It was so much, so strong, so terrifying; that no one dared to move against them. Not the pixie sanctify, not the goblin brigade, not the wolf council, not the fairy court, not anyone would try. They were all too wary to start a fight or to come together and be seen as a threat to the Parched. Even those of fantasy that resided in the human realm would not stand against them, and vampires everywhere relished in their new authority; most especially, the King.

 

Choi Dong Wook, or as he was known after the sixth king, Jung Yunho, chose him to become the next in line, Seven. When he first came to power he was revered as the only vampire bred to be King. Found as a human child and raised by Yunho, he was trained all his life then turned when he was of age to become the seventh vampire king.

As leader of the parched he always ruled fairly, but with an iron fist. He was both feared and revered by his people, but he only ever felt loved by one. Park Hanbyul was not like other vampires. She was always too soft spoken, too nice, too easily…manipulated. She was weak by the vampire standards, but with Seven, she was strong, and with her, he was stronger. Still, her weakness was her own downfall.

Upon her death, Seven went on a downward spiral, and the entire vampire race fell with him. They were no longer feared by the masses, no longer on top of the food chain. It was embarrassing really, and they were vampires. Vampires had always been the most feared and respected of creatures. Even humans held them in top regard if only in literature and fiction, and Seven would not allow his reign to be their downfall. Hell, he hadn’t even chosen the eighth king yet.  So he came up with a plan.

Witches while human by foundation were the most potent and versatile of magical users. Their magic had the potential for greatness, but was squandered by their human thoughts and emotions or so Seven believed. So he came up with the plan to slowly build trust and relations with the creatures. It took half a century, but he was patient. He had the time after all, so he waited and set up ventures, such as the troll business in the meantime.

Then finally, when the worlds seemed their calmest, he struck. Capturing any witch that ventured in his land or dared cross paths with a vampire. He used them and their magic to bring his reign full force and now that he was on top again…he should be happy.

But, unlike most might think, vampires have hearts, they have souls. And, as he realized, power wasn’t everything. He didn’t feel strong or happy like he once did in his prime, when she was by his side.

Seven was smart though, and realizing what was different than his last peak, he came up with a new plan. A plan that would bring him more power, more fear, and hopefully, satisfies his annoying need for love.