Kiss the Groom

Kiss the Groom

Wow guys why did you already upvote? Thank you but this story doesn't deserve it ;A;

This is really long and cheesy...Idek I just like writing about weddings. Anyways it'll probably be the last thing from me for a while, since I'm moving and I have to find a job and stuff and writing is sort of hard to do lately for a lot of reasons. So now you guys will get a break from my crap stories yay :D

-

5:00am

Sunggyu’s phone vibrated, indicating a text.

Once, twice, three times.

Sunggyu turned over in his bed, pulling the covers closer over himself, and buried his face into his pillow.

6:00am

There it was again. His phone vibrating. Once, twice…

Sunggyu opened one eye slightly, and then closed it again, when he heard the third bzzt.

7:00am

His alarm went off, though Sunggyu found it was useless, since those annoying text messages from a certain someone woke him up way before the digital clock ever did.

He sat up and grabbed his phone off his nightstand. He didn’t even bother to check the text messages since he knew who they were from, and he knew they weren’t important. Well supposedly…but he still found himself smiling as he brushed his teeth, and read through the messages.

Between the Morning jagiya<3 and The sun is bright today, but your smile is brighter~ Sunggyu realized he was going to be late for work.

º*º*º*º*º

He managed to make it to work on time, thankful the traffic wasn’t too bad, and the commute was smooth. As soon as he entered the tall skyscraper of a building he worked at, he stepped out of the elevator, taking him to the seventh floor—where his office was. His new assistant, a rather attractive young lady in a form fitting grey pencil skirt and dark blue blouse greeted him, handing him a coffee in a paper thermos.

“Good morning Sunggyu-sshi.” She smiled cordially. Sunggyu not so subtly looked her over, and smiled slightly.

“You’re the new assistant?” He asked, and began walking towards his office, the girl following behind him, holding onto a tablet.

“Yes sir.” She nodded, scanning her tablet. “My name is Park Eunhye.”

“Great, nice to meet you Eunhye-sshi.” Sunggyu continued, entering the glass doors of his office and plopping down on a leather chair at his desk. “So what’s my schedule for today?”

“Ah, well you have that meeting with the managing partners of J corp. and S corp.” Eunhye began, but was interrupted when the door swung open. She turned in alarm to see one of the (rather handsome) employees, dressed in a sleek dark grey suit standing there, with his arms folded.

He smiled at Eunhye, before strutting towards the desk.

“Ah, nice to meet you Sunggyu-sshi’s new assistant.” He smiled, charmingly at the girl, making her blush. “My name is Nam Woohyun.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Excuse us Eunhye-sshi.” The girl nodded quickly and made a quiet exit.

Woohyun grabbed the coffee Eunhye had given Sunggyu off the desk and threw it in the black, plastic garbage bin.

“Yah.” Sunggyu frowned. “What’d you do that for?”

Woohyun placed an iced coffee, with a dollop of whipped cream on top of the table.

“I got you this. This is better.”

Sunggyu grinned slightly, and closing his lips around the green straw. Woohyun always knew he liked something cold in the morning to really wake him up.

“Why can’t you just be my assistant?” He sighed.

“Please.” Woohyun snorted, hopping up on Sunggyu’s desk, his legs dangling off the edge and nudging Sunggyu’s knees. “I’m way over qualified for that.”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu hummed, happily enjoying his drink. “Whatever.”

“Why didn’t you reply to me texts?” Woohyun frowned.

“What texts?” Sunggyu grinned, pretending not to know.

“Yah.” Woohyun tapped Sunggyu’s arm. “Why do you always ignore me? I’ll think you want to break up with me. I’ll think you don’t love me anymore.”

Sunggyu snorted, opening up his laptop. “Can’t break up since we’re not even together dummy.”

“But I want to be together with hyung~” Woohyun whined. Sunggyu merely ignored him, eyes glued to his computer screen. “Hyung~!”

“Yeah, yeah.” Sunggyu sighed, barely paying attention to his annoying friend.

“Hyung…” Woohyun’s expression suddenly turned serious.

“Hm?”

“I…I have to tell you something.”

“Ok.” Sunggyu nodded, browsing through his emails with a bored look.

“No…this is really serious.” Woohyun pulled on Sunggyu’s arm to garner his attention.

“Oh…” Sunggyu turned to him, leaning back in his chair. “Does it have to do with the bags under your eyes? Been partying hard over the weekend?” He joked, but Woohyun gasped, touching his eyes tentatively. “Relax.” Sunggyu reached out, patting the younger’s knee. “I was kidding. Ah, unless you were—.”

“I wasn’t doing that.” Woohyun frowned, and then adjusted the collar of his shirt. “Do my eyes…does it look bad?”

Sunggyu frowned. He forgot how intense Woohyun got about things. He was always striving for some sort of perfection that didn’t seem to ever exist in his world. Sunggyu never understood it, because he already thought Woohyun looked great. Girls were always fawning over him and for good reason.

“No…” Sunggyu smiled reassuringly. “You look good, ok? You always do.”

Woohyun remained quiet, studying Sunggyu’s eyes as if searching for some kind of sign that he was lying. When he didn’t see any, he smiled.

“I think hyung looks better.”

Sunggyu snorted. “Yah, you’re getting off topic. Weren’t you going to say something?”

“Ah…right—.”

“Sunggyu-sshi, sorry to interrupt,” Eunhye walked in. “But the meeting is about to start…”

“Oh ok.” Sunggyu quickly got up, closing his laptop. He turned to Woohyun and smiled slightly. “Tell me later, ok?”

Woohyun seemed disappointed, but he nodded and smiled anyways.

“Yeah, sure.”

º*º*º*º*º

“Isn’t it crazy though?” Dongwoo laughed, juggling a drink in his hand as he collapsed onto the rounded sofa beside a blank-faced Myungsoo in the lounge area of the club they were in.

“What is?” Sunggyu leaned forward across the table, straining to hear over the booming sound system.

“You know?” Sungyeol, who was sitting next to him, nudged him, while grinning.

“No…” Sunggyu frowned, grabbing for his glass. “I really don’t.”

“That Woohyun’s getting married.” Dongwoo continued, stopping to guzzle down more of the amber liquid in his glass.

Sunggyu snorted. “I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you right. It sounded like you said that Woohyun’s getting married.”

“He did say that.” Hoys sighed, propping his elbows on the table.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu looked around the table at his friends, incredulously. “My Woohyun? Nam Woohyun?”

“Yes hyung.” Sungjong eyed him skeptically. “What? He didn’t tell you?”

º*º*º*º*º

Sunggyu woke up the next morning with the worst hangover ever. He didn’t even want to think about last night, but then quickly remembered his friends saying something about Woohyun getting married. He shook his head and chuckled to himself.

There was no way, he told himself. Why of all people would Woohyun be getting married? Besides, Sunggyu would’ve known if such a thing were happening. Besides who would Woohyun even marry anyway? Sunggyu knew he had been dating some girl for a few weeks, but surely that wasn’t long enough to consider marriage. Plus the girl wasn’t even Woohyun’s type (according to Sunggyu anyways).

He was shaken from his thoughts, when the door opened and in came the man in his thoughts.

“Ah, you’re finally up.” Woohyun sighed, sitting down on the bed beside him with a tray of freshly cooked breakfast. It was pretty normal since Woohyun had a key to his place and came in whenever he felt like it. Sunggyu did the same with Woohyun’s apartment. “Here.” He handed him a glass of juice.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu mumbled, taking a long glug, before turning to Woohyun. “You know I must have been really drunk last night.”

Woohyun grinned. “Why? What happened?”

“I actually thought Dongwoo and the others said something about you getting married!” Sunggyu laughed. “Isn’t that crazy?” He smiled, nudging Woohyun, who’s expression turned uncomfortable and rather serious in an instant.

“Uh…” Woohyun smiled sheepishly. “That’s…that’s actually true though.”

“I know right? I must have been…wait what?” Sunggyu gasped, almost dropping the breakfast platter. “You…you’re kidding right? Who? When? How did this even—?”

“I was going to tell you yesterday morning!” Woohyun exclaimed, and then sighed. “That’s…what I wanted to say then. I’m just sad you had to hear it from the others.”

Sunggyu merely stared at him, jaw hanging open. “I…I don’t understand.”

“Remember that girl I started dating a few weeks ago?” Woohyun smiled.

Sunggyu frowned. Of course he remembered the girl who was clearly not Woohyun’s type. He was expecting them to break up soon and certainly not tie the knot.

“Y-You don’t even know her!” Sunggyu spluttered.

“Isn’t it amazing how love can just make you do crazy things?” Woohyun sighed dreamily, clearly oblivious to Sunggyu’s unsupportive mood.

“So…” Sunggyu looked down at his lap. “You’re really getting married to her? Isn’t it…too soon?”

“Why wait?” Woohyun turned to him excitedly. “You only live once right? Yolo!”

Sunggyu temporarily ignored Woohyun being annoying because Woohyun getting married obviously took precedence. But he couldn’t even say anything because it would just make him sound like an unsupportive friend. Besides…what could he say? Don’t marry her, because she’s not your type? She’s not good enough for you? There’s someone better?

Sunggyu didn’t even know anyone better, so it’s not like he could say that.

“So…I was wondering if you would be my best man?” Woohyun was staring at Sunggyu expectantly. “You will right? Because hyung is the best man in real life.” He joked, but Sunggyu wasn’t laughing. “Are you mad?” Woohyun pouted. “Is it because I didn’t tell you earlier?”

Sunggyu bit his lip. He was just going to have to it up. But what up exactly? Shouldn’t he just be happy for his best friend that he had found love? Why didn’t he feel happy about this at all?

“No…” Sunggyu sighed. “I’m not mad…but you should have told me earlier.”

“So you’ll do it?” Woohyun smiled like a hopeful child. “You’ll be my best man right? Right?”

There was no way Sunggyu could refuse.

º*º*º*º*º

That weekend, Woohyun forced Sunggyu to come with him to choose tuxedos and help with the wedding preparations.

“Why do I have to come with you?” Sunggyu mumbled into his phone, glancing out the side window of the musty smelling taxi.

“Because!” Woohyun chimed in on the other line. “Minhee noona has yoga this morning.” Minhee…otherwise known as the girl-who-is-clearly-not-Woohyun’s-type.

Sunggyu didn’t really like her. She was too pretty. And smart. And nice.

Ok, so those weren’t really good reasons. But Sunggyu thought it was rather suspicious that someone could be so flawless. He had a secret hunch that Minhee might be a serial killer or something of that variety. He tried to discuss this theory with Hoya, who wondered if he was on the crack again. Though…it’s not like he ever did it before, except that one time in high school—but that was off topic…

The taxi stopped at the street corner, and after paying Sunggyu hopped off and headed down the street. He was supposed to meet Woohyun at the tuxedo shop. It was supposedly the most chic and exclusive shop in the city. Getting an appointment with the tailor who worked there was an almost impossible task.

That only made Sunggyu realize how serious Woohyun was about this wedding. He sighed softly and pushed open the glass door. He spotted Woohyun and some of their other friends—Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo with him.

Woohyun was the first one to notice him. He always was. Woohyun’s mother always joked that if Sunggyu was Waldo, Woohyun would actually be able to understand “Where’s Waldo?”

“You made it.” Woohyun grinned as Sunggyu approached them.

“Not like I had a choice.” Sunggyu muttered, hands in his pockets, as he plopped down on the cushiony ottoman in front of the dressing room. He missed the slight falter in Woohyun’s smile as he did so.

“Don’t we look hot~?” Sungyeol strutted out of his dressing room, and slung an arm around Myungsoo’s arm—both of them dressed in sleek tuxedos with shiny black shoes to match.

“Me too!” Dongwoo followed behind them, wearing a similar outfit. “Don’t we look great hyung?” They all turned to Sunggyu, who smiled.

“Yeah, you guys are all supermodels.” He joked, but the three of them took him seriously and all started doing model poses in the floor length mirror.

Woohyun smiled as well, and turned to Sunggyu.

“So—.”

“I’ll pick my own suit.” Sunggyu interrupted.

“Oh…” Woohyun nodded awkwardly and sat down next to him. “Ok.”

He glanced at Sunggyu, who refused to look him in the eyes. Sunggyu himself didn’t really know why he was mad. Shouldn’t he be happy? Just like the others…

Why wasn’t he happy?

It was because Woohyun waited so long to tell him. Sunggyu convinced himself that was the reason. After all what kind of person waits so long to tell their best friend they’re getting married?

“You’re mad.” Woohyun murmured. “Did something happen?”

Sunggyu snorted, turning to Woohyun. “Are you serious right now? It’s because of you.”

“Me?” Woohyun stupidly pointed to himself. “Ah, because I didn’t tell you about the wedding? Or,” He grinned slightly. “Because I made you wake up early on a weekend morning—?”

“I don’t care about that stuff stupid!” Sunggyu blurted out, startling the other three who turned nervously. Woohyun, however seemed far too composed and smiled softly. He was always the one who remained the calmest whenever Sunggyu had a meltdown.

“Hyung…I don’t understand.” He tilted his head.

Sunggyu sighed harshly, rubbing his temples tiredly. He wasn’t one to just start yelling for no reason like this. But he couldn’t help it. He just felt so annoyed. And so upset. And he didn’t even know why.

And it was even more frustrating that Woohyun couldn’t understand. Woohyun was always the one who understood things about Sunggyu even before Sunggyu himself realized them.

“Never mind…” Sunggyu mumbled. “So…” He attempted a smile. “What about the groom?” He turned to Woohyun, who didn’t seem convinced at all and had that concerned look in his eyes.

“Yeah what are you gonna wear Woohyun hyung?” Sungyeol interrupted their staring contest.

“Ah, right.” Woohyun patted Sunggyu on the knee and stood up to go try on his suit.

Sunggyu breathed softly. It was just a pat. A light touch. But because it was Woohyun, it always managed to relax Sunggyu. Make him feel ok. Like everything wasn’t so bad.

Sunggyu wondered if it was like that with Minhee. Did Woohyun do that for her? Did she do that for him? Did just one touch from Minhee relax Woohyun, like he did for Sunggyu?

Wait…” Sunggyu shook his head. “What am I even thinking about right now?”

Some loud cheers and a whistle interrupted him from his thoughts.

He turned to see Woohyun had stepped out of his dressing room. He was wearing some kind of black mesh, see through tank top with leather suspenders and matching briefs. If you looked really closely, one might even be able to see his—.

Sunggyu choked on his own saliva.

“W-What the hell are you wearing?” He pointed in shock while Dongwoo and Sungyeol laughed, and Myungsoo took a picture with his beloved camera.

“I was thinking of wearing this for the honeymoon.” Woohyun joked, and did a stupid pose for the camera.

Sunggyu looked around in a panic and pulled his own jacket off as he charged up to the younger man.

“Take that off right now Mister!” Sunggyu demanded in a naggy tone, wrapping his jacket around Woohyun’s…lower half, and rushing him back into the dressing room, ignoring the boos and thumbs downs from the others.

“What’s the big deal?” Woohyun chuckled once they were in the dressing room and Sunggyu had shut the door behind them. “It was just a joke—.”

“I-Its not a joke!” Sunggyu stammered. “You…you’re getting married now. You can’t just traipse around practically like that anymore.”

“What?” Woohyun cocked an eyebrow.

Good question, Sunggyu thought. Since once again he was questioning himself and his strange behavior. On any other day he would have been laughing with the others. But now…now he couldn’t laugh at Woohyun wearing that tank top with the holes in the mesh so big that he could clearly see everything. And he didn’t even want to get started on that underwear…

Which really shouldn’t have been such a big deal anyways. Sunggyu had seen Woohyun a bunch of times already. Why wouldn’t he? They were close friends for a long time now and they occasionally stayed over at each other’s places, and Woohyun usually doesn’t wear much clothing at home anyways.

But now…it bothered him so much. The fact that someone else would have ownership of that body. Minhee would be the only one who would be able to see Woohyun like that.

She would be the only one who would get to see Woohyun’s sleeping face, which Sunggyu always made fun of him for, but secretly thought was really cute.

She would be the only one who Woohyun would hold hands with. (Though Sunggyu always got embarrassed and swatted Woohyun’s hand away when he tried.)

She would be the only one who would get those annoyingly sweet texts from Woohyun.

She would be the only one who would get to enjoy Woohyun’s amazing breakfasts and dinners. (The best was his hangover stew, in Sunggyu’s opinion.)

Sunggyu hated it. He didn’t know why, but he hated it.

“What’s wrong with you today?” Woohyun mumbled obliviously, pulling the mesh tank top up over his head. He then began to fold it, biting his lip in concentration.

Sunggyu didn’t know what came over him. But all he could do was stare at Woohyun and think about all the things Minhee would have that he never realized he would miss. And the things he never even got a chance to have…

“Yah, what’s up with you?” Woohyun turned to him in genuine concern, pouting slightly.

Before Sunggyu could register what he was doing he had a hand on either of Woohyun’s cheeks and he was leaning closer.

Woohyun stared at him, breathing softly. “Hyung…” He whispered, eyes absently tracing Sunggyu’s mouth. “What are you…?”

“I’ll never have those…” Sunggyu murmured, staring intently at Woohyun’s lips. “I’ll never…” He trailed off, biting his lip, an almost pleading look in his eyes.

“What…?” Woohyun breathed. He was too stunned to move, and merely stared back into Sunggyu’s eyes, until Sunggyu closed the distance. Their lips melted together so perfectly like two pieces of a puzzle. Like it was almost too perfect. And amazing. And there was sparks. And Sunggyu wondered why they never did this before…why he never did this before.

Woohyun almost immediately kissed him back, clutching onto the folds of Sunggyu’s shirt to pull him closer. And suddenly the small, cramped dressing room seemed far too spacious and it felt like there was far too much room between them. They pressed their bodies closer together, as tongues explored mouths, and there was lip biting and soft breathy moans, as Sunggyu slipped one arm around Woohyun’s , the other hand still cupping Woohyun’s cheek, as the younger clutched firmer onto Sunggyu’s shirt, almost as if it was getting in the way.

Suddenly there was a rapping at the door, startling them enough to stop, and immediately separate.

“Hey, you guys didn’t kill each other in there did you?” They heard Dongwoo’s voice on the other side of the door.

Sunggyu’s eyes went wide, as he turned to Woohyun who had grabbed for his t-shirt staring back at Sunggyu, just as alarmed.

“Um…” Woohyun began.

“A-And that’s what you’re not allowed to do, since you’re getting married!” Sunggyu blurted out and then raced out of the fitting room. He didn’t even stop when Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Myungsoo called out for him.

º*º*º*º*º

Sunggyu sat outside the tuxedo shop, at the bus stop bench, head in hands.

He wished he could use the excuse that he had no idea what he was doing and what was happening. But that would just be stupid and immature. Because he did know. Sunggyu had been in love once before. He did know what that meant and how it felt.

But this was different…

Being in love with his best friend. His male best friend, who was getting married soon.

Before he thought he was just a little upset that he wouldn’t be able to see Woohyun as much and that he would have to share him. But, what happened in the fitting room, made Sunggyu realize that maybe he didn’t want to share Woohyun—that he couldn’t share him.

But what was the use of realizing that now? He couldn’t do anything anymore. It was too late. He would just have to move on.

º*º*º*º*º

Moving on was harder than Sunggyu thought it would be. Especially when said person you’re trying to get over is sitting right in front of you, enjoying a piece of cake so much, that the passerby would almost think the cake was making love to him or something.

Sunggyu sighed, as Woohyun forked another piece of cake—this time, lemon with a fluffy white frosting—into his mouth. It was one of the wedding cake samples they were trying. Creamy white frosting decorated Woohyun’s lips, as he nodded approvingly at the chef and smiled. The chef raised an eyebrow, and Sunggyu reached for a napkin and handed it to Woohyun.

“Thanks.” Woohyun smiled sheepishly and wiped his mouth.

Sunggyu was grateful that Woohyun seemed to have completely dismissed what had happened in the fitting room. Especially since the others all had other plans and left Sunggyu and Woohyun to go taste the wedding cake and hors d’oeuvres alone.

That was one thing he always appreciated about Woohyun. That he could read the atmosphere enough to know when and how to make the other person feel comfortable—even if that meant making a fool of himself.

“Aish!” Sunggyu quickly shook his head. “Why am I thinking about things I like about him? No! Don’t think about things like that…”

“What do you think hyung?” Woohyun asked. “I like this one the best.”

“Huh?” Sunggyu looked up. “Oh…uh.” He looked down, fiddling with the edge of his jacket. “Whatever you want…its your wedding.”

The chef looked from Woohyun to Sunggyu. “So…where’s your fiancée?” He asked Woohyun.

“Ah…” Woohyun glanced at his cell phone. “She said she was going to join us. She should be here soon.”

“You know, for a second there, I thought you two were getting married.” The chef joked. “Since I saw you two coming in together.”

“What?” Woohyun laughed, slinging an arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder. “Me and hyung? Well actually we’re already married—.”

“Cut it out.” Sunggyu shoved him away bluntly, with an aggravated expression. He knew he was being harsh, but it was the only way he knew to get over this whole ‘being in love with Woohyun thing.’

Woohyun chuckled awkwardly. “S-So, I think we’ll go with the lemon.”

º*º*º*º*º

That evening, Sunggyu lay down on the couch, staring up at the ceiling of his lonely apartment. He wondered if it was always going to be like this from now on…

He missed how it was before. When it was just him and Woohyun and their friends— before all this marriage business.

And now Sunggyu realized he was really going to be alone. He also realized he wasn’t actually alone before. That’s how much he had depended on Woohyun. That’s why most of his relationships with girls never lasted long. Because he was already in a relationship—with Woohyun…well at least an emotional one.

He sighed softly, closing his eyes, when he heard the front door latch unclick and the door open. He sat up as Woohyun entered the living room.

“Hey.” He smiled slightly, holding a plastic bag filled with drinks and snacks.

“What’re you doing here?” Sunggyu averted his eyes.

“I thought that maybe we could…” Woohyun raised the bag of snacks. “You know? Since I’m not going to be single for much longer, might as well enjoy while we can?”

“Go home.” Sunggyu muttered, and got up, heading for the kitchen.

“Aw don’t be like that.” Woohyun followed after him. “I missed you Gyu.”

“Missed me?” Sunggyu spun around and scoffed. “We were together the whole day.”

“You were with me…but, not really.” Woohyun murmured. He placed the plastic bag down on the kitchen counter and sighed. “Look, I know I kind of sprung this whole marriage thing on you like this, but…are you seriously still mad about that?”

Sunggyu looked up. “…What?”

“You know?” Woohyun shrugged. “That I waited so long to tell you about it—.”

“Are you serious right now?” Sunggyu snorted. “You think I give a about that? You think I’m that petty?”

“I know you aren’t!” Woohyun exclaimed, brows furrowing in confusion. “That’s why I don’t understand—.”

“God you’re so stupid!” Sunggyu blurted out. “Why are you so—?!”

I’m stupid?!” Woohyun suddenly shouted. “You’re the one who—!” He immediately clamped his lips shut and looked away.

“…What?” Sunggyu frowned. “The one who…what?”

“Never mind.” Woohyun sighed. “It’s nothing.” He rifled through the plastic bag he had brought and pulled out a bottle of soju.

“Yah, are you seriously drinking right now?” Sunggyu stared. “Don’t you have work tomorrow?”

“Who cares?” Woohyun shrugged. “It’s just a little bit—.”

“You know you can’t handle your alcohol well.” Sunggyu grabbed the bottle from him. “You get drunk after two sips!”

“I’m not that bad!” Woohyun pouted, and reached for the bottle, successfully snatching it from Sunggyu’s grip. Before Sunggyu could say or do anything, Woohyun had opened it up and took a swig straight from the bottle.

“Fine, get drunk.” Sunggyu snorted. “See if I care.”

And that’s exactly what Woohyun did.

And well, Sunggyu may have drank a little too. But in his defense it was hard not to, when the soju was sitting on the table right there…waiting to be drunk.

“Yah…” Woohyun leaned over the kitchen counter, nudging Sunggyu haphazardly with his other arm. “Yah…”

“What?” Sunggyu whined from his place on the bar stool, shoving Woohyun back lightly.

“I…” Woohyun hiccupped. His eyes squinted as he leaned over the counter, trying to get Sunggyu to look at him. But Sunggyu had his elbows rested on the counter, a bottle between them, staring straight ahead, sleepily. “I love you.”

“...Shut up.” Sunggyu snorted, and shoved Woohyun again. He was used to Woohyun’s randomly affectionate words and actions.

“Do you love me too?” Woohyun clutched onto Sunggyu’s forearm, still attempting to meet his gaze.

Sunggyu sighed. He knew Woohyun was clearly far more drunk than he was for saying such things. “Cut it out with the stupid jokes—.”

“Sunggyu.” Woohyun interrupted, causing Sunggyu to finally face him. The sudden change in Woohyun’s voice and expression, caught Sunggyu’s attention. “Do you love me?” Woohyun was still clutching onto Sunggyu’s arm, and the look in his eyes was hazy, and almost like he was begging for Sunggyu to say yes.

Sunggyu opened his mouth to speak, but nothing would come out.

Suddenly Woohyun started laughing and buried his face into his arms. The laughter died down soon after, and Sunggyu could’ve sworn he heard Woohyun whisper something to himself. Something like…Never mind.

“No.” Sunggyu thought. He didn’t want to just be a never mind. Soon it would be too late, and he and Woohyun would just be a never mind. Something that could’ve been. But he was just too stupid to realize it before it was too late.

But it was too late.

It was too late, he tried to tell himself. He couldn’t do anything about it now. He shouldn’t do anything about it now. He should just let it go. He should definitely not be thinking of trying anything now. No he definitely shouldn’t.

But…

If there was a chance.

He stared at Woohyun who was drunkenly reaching for the bottle, eyes narrowed in concentration, even though his hand wasn’t anywhere near it.

Sunggyu hesitantly reached out, placing a hand lightly on Woohyun’s arm. However the younger remained oblivious and had all his focus on reaching for the bottle of soju.

“Just leave it.” Sunggyu mumbled. “You’ve had enough.”

Woohyun stopped and turned to him. He didn’t say anything and merely looked down at Sunggyu’s hand on his forearm.

Sunggyu bit his lip nervously, whilst subtly focusing on Woohyun’s mouth. He knew he shouldn’t do it. Woohyun was getting married for crying out loud. But what happened earlier that day in the dressing room reminded him of how right it felt. How right them being together felt. Those feelings consumed him so much that he was already leaning forward, a hand on Woohyun’s cheek. It frustrated him even more that Woohyun wasn’t even trying to push him away.

“Yah…” He whined softly, eyebrows furrowing worriedly. “Why…” He breathed, lips but a few inches from Woohyun’s. “Why aren’t you stopping me?”

Woohyun’s gaze was focused on Sunggyu’s mouth, before raising his eyes to meet Sunggyu’s. “Stop you from what?”

“Y-You…!” Sunggyu suddenly shoved Woohyun away, causing the younger to stumble backwards and land on his bottom.

“Ow!” Woohyun whined, staring up at Sunggyu in shock. “What was that for?!”

“You’re so damn stupid you !” Sunggyu spluttered out. “What do you think you’re doing?! You’re getting married!”

“What?” Woohyun murmured, averting his eyes. Sunggyu gulped. He could already feel the already tense atmosphere get even more so. Woohyun silently stood up, dusting off his jeans. “Why are you yelling at me?” He muttered, expression sullen, and eyes full of hurt. “You…you’re the one who…” He paused, lower lip trembling and eyes watering.

Sunggyu felt horrible in an instant. Seeing that expression on Woohyun’s face…that he was the cause of it, made him feel even worse.

He opened his mouth to apologize, but Woohyun beat him to it.

“I’m sorry…” Woohyun murmured, meeting Sunggyu’s eyes. “I’m sorry you’re mad. But more than that…I’m even more sorry because…I don’t know why.”

º*º*º*º*º

Sunggyu woke up in bed the next morning with another annoying headache. He had been getting a lot of those lately…

He hobbled out of his bedroom and made his way to the kitchen. He opened up the fridge to get some water, when he saw two bowls filled with food, covered with a clear film wrapping and a small note taped on to the side of the bowl. He pulled it out and shut the fridge.

 Eat this before you go to work. =_=

Don’t you dare waste it!

-Woohyun

Sunggyu couldn’t help the smile forming.

Why does he do this kind of thing…? His smile faded, as he thought of the night before. “How am I supposed to get over him then?”

º*º*º*º*º

For the entire month leading up to the wedding, Sunggyu tried his absolute best to completely avoid Woohyun at all costs. Sure, it wasn’t the most mature way to go about it. But he didn’t really know what else to do. Seeing Woohyun just made him angry and confused and sad, and just plain emotional.

And Sunggyu did not do emotional.

Bottling up his emotions and shoving them into the darkest corner of his mind in hopes that they would somehow disappear on their own…

Yes that was more his speed.

º*º*º*º*º

And before Sunggyu knew it, the date of Woohyun’s wedding arrived. He didn’t want to go. It took everything in him just to get out of bed, shower, and put on his tuxedo.

Since the weather was still quite warm that evening, the ceremony was to be done outside a fancy hotel in a flower garden. There were white wood chairs all set up in rows, and the path that the bride and groom would walk was scattered with flower petals all across the grass. The flowery path lead to a grand oak tree, presumably where the priest would stand and the couple would say their vows.

Sunggyu felt sick to his stomach, just imagining it. He kicked some of the petals, before heading inside the lobby of the hotel to meet the others.

He spotted his friends at the hotel’s café, and joined them when they called him over.

“You’re here!” Dongwoo cheered, as Sunggyu sat down, hands in his pockets.

“To be honest, we didn’t think you’d make it.” Hoya told him.

“I didn’t want to come.” Sunggyu sighed, grabbing Sungjong’s cake pop out of his hands and taking a bite out of it. Sungjong frowned, but let it go and took a sip of his hot chocolate.

“Why not though?” Sungyeol asked, with a curious expression. “I mean I don’t get it…aren’t you happy for Woohyun hyung?”

“Yeah you didn’t even seem happy at the bachelor party.” Hoya snorted.

“Of course I was.” Sunggyu retorted. “Didn’t you see me take that stripper home with me?”

“You didn’t!” Dongwoo gasped.

“Well, its not like I wanted to, but she kept begging me.” Sunggyu shrugged, leaning back in his chair. “So I let her—.”

“You’re disgusting.” Sungjong interrupted slamming his cup down on the table. “When are you finally going to get your head out of your Kim Sunggyu?”

Everyone was silent and stared at the youngest in shock.

“E-Excuse me?” Sunggyu choked.

“You heard what I said.” Sungjong stood up. “And you know exactly what I’m talking about.”

“W-What…? “Sunggyu was still far too flabbergasted by the younger man’s sudden outburst. “Y-Yah, you little brat, who do you think you’re talking to?!”

“When was the last time you even talked to Woohyun hyung?” Sungjong continued. “And did you ever even congratulate him? Imagine how horrible he’s probably feeling that his best friend doesn’t even care about his marriage—.”

“You better just shut your mouth.” Sunggyu warned. “You don’t know anything.”

“G-Guys…” Dongwoo looked worriedly from the oldest to the youngest. “Hey, let’s all just calm down—.”

“You want me to congratulate him?” Sunggyu suddenly stood up. “Fine! I’ll do it right now! Where is he?”

Hoya and Dongwoo exchanged a concerned glance. “…I think he’s outside.”

º*º*º*º*º

The sun was setting when Sunggyu found Woohyun sitting in the front row of seats, gazing up at the tree, a light breeze blowing. He was wearing a glistening full white tuxedo, complete with tail coats, and his dark bangs were styled up. He looked just like some sort of prince from a fairy tale.

Sunggyu noticed he looked like he was deep in thought. He figured he was nervous. And Sungjong’s words seeped in, and he realized how crappy of a friend he was being. He hadn’t once expressed any sort of happiness or congratulations to Woohyun after hearing about him getting engaged.

He sighed sharply, before sitting down two seats beside Woohyun.

Woohyun looked up, and turned, eyes widening slightly at seeing Sunggyu there. But then he faced forward again and smiled slightly, almost fondly.

“You’re here.”

“Where else would I be?” Sunggyu mumbled.

“You’re still mad at me though.” Woohyun said—a statement rather than a question.

“I’m not.” Sunggyu stood up, walking in front of Woohyun, before gulping and turning to face the huge tree. He noticed string lights wrapped all around the trunk and branches like ivy. “I was never mad at you…”

“So you just ignored me for an entire month, because…what? You were happy with me?”

Sunggyu immediately turned and Woohyun was already approaching him.

“No.” Sunggyu clenched his fists. “That’s…that’s not it ok?”

“Then what?” Woohyun was right in front of him now. “What is it?”

It doesn’t matter now. Those were the words on the tip of Sunggyu’s tongue. The first instinct. Because this wasn’t a love he could have. This was something he was supposed to have given up on long ago. This wasn’t meant for him…He had begun to think—or rather he had always sort of known that love wasn’t for him. Sure he had relationships, but love…it just didn’t work that way. Life didn’t work that way. That’s what Kim Sunggyu had lived his life, believing. And he was fine with that. He had always been fine with that.

He could live without love.

That was fine.

But what he couldn’t live without…was standing there right in front of him, with a worried expression.

“W-Woohyun…” Sunggyu breathed out. He was actually trembling, and his voice was shaky, and he knew it was only going to end in heartbreak, but he just had to do it. “I…” He suddenly grabbed Woohyun by the shoulders. “You…you can’t do this. You can’t marry her. You just…can’t.”

Woohyun’s lips parted. “What—?”

“I can’t let you do this.” Sunggyu heard his own voice crack, but he didn’t even care anymore. He stared earnestly into Woohyun’s eyes. “I can’t…I can’t let you go.”

“Sunggyu—.”

“Y-You’re supposed to be with me.” Sunggyu continued, gaining more momentum now. “You belong with me. I…I don’t care if I have to drag you away from this wedding myself, but I just can’t let this happen because…because I love you.”

Sunggyu realized Woohyun’s eyes watering, and hastily removed his hands.

“Why…why are you crying?” He panicked.

Suddenly rows of lights lined along the flower petal path lit up, one by one.

“W-What?” Sunggyu turned to see the lights wrapped around the tree had all lit up. He turned back around to see Woohyun kneeling down. “…What’re you…?”

“Y-You finally said it.” There were tears falling from Woohyun’s eyes, but he was smiling as he looked up at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu was so completely and utterly confused. “I…what—?”

“Whenever I’m in a crowd…how is it that your face is always the first one I see?” Woohyun appeared to be pulling something out of his jacket pocket. “Whenever you hug me or just smile, I feel like everything’s going to be alright.” He pulled out a small white velvet jewelry box and smiled up at Sunggyu. “It feels like things can’t get any better, being with you feels like that hyung.”

Sunggyu felt the lump in his throat get bigger as he tried to swallow it down.

“I…” His throat went dry. “I don’t understand—.”

“Puzzle pieces…don’t we fit together like that?” Woohyun opened up the box, to reveal a sparkling silver ring. “I want to hold your hand every day for the rest of our lives…” He gazed sincerely into Sunggyu’s surprised eyes. “I…w-will you be together forever with me Gyu?”

Sunggyu stared down at him, eyes watering. “You…w-what is this?”

“W-Will you marry me?” Woohyun was crying now.

“Y-Yah,” Sunggyu couldn’t fight a tear streaming down his cheek. “G-Get up…what is this? S-Stupid what is this?”

But Woohyun remained on his knee, biting his lip to control his tears, holding the ring up. “P-Please say yes hyung. I love you so much. P-Please—.”

“G-Get up.” Sunggyu ordered in a shaky breath.

“But hyung—.” Woohyun tired to say, but Sunggyu grabbed his arm and pulled him up. Before Woohyun could speak, Sunggyu cupped his cheeks and kissed him.

Woohyun’s eyes fluttered closed, and his arms wrapped around Sunggyu’s waist. Their lips once again melding together so perfectly, just like how it was always supposed to be—how it always should be.

“I love you so much Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu breathed, still holding Woohyun’s face, his thumb absently Woohyun’s cheek bone.

Woohyun had the hugest smile, and was probably crying even more than before. He couldn’t even speak anymore and just nodded happily.

“I’m sorry I didn’t realize it sooner.” Sunggyu’s eyebrows furrowed.

“No…” Woohyun shook his head. “I’m just happy you realized it at all.” He hugged Sunggyu tighter, burying his face into the elder’s shoulder.

“So looks like your plan worked Woohyun hyung.”

They both turned to see the other five approaching.

Sunggyu gasped, remembering about the wedding. “T-This—.” But then realized Sungyeol just said something about a “plan.” He turned to Woohyun. “Plan? What plan?”

“This…” Woohyun smiled, gesturing to the now glowing tree and the flowery path, and then to their suits. “It was my way of proposing to you.”

“Propose? But…what about the wedding?”

“Also part of the plan.” Woohyun grinned.

“Wait so…” Sunggyu eyed him skeptically. “You’re not getting married?!”

“Wow we knew you were stupid, but we didn’t know you were this much of an idiot.” Hoya snorted.

Sunggyu shot him a glare, before turning back to Woohyun. “So all this…? It was all acting?!” He pointed at Sungjong. “And that outburst you had before? That was also…?”

“Aren’t I a good actor hyung?” Sungjong smiled, a lemon flavored cake pop in his hand.

“All this time…for this whole time, for weeks—no months, all of you?” His mouth was hanging open in disbelief. “You all lied to me?! You all tricked me!”

“Hyung we had to!” Dongwoo tried to explain.

“Yeah, besides it was all Woohyun hyung’s idea!” Sungyeol pointed an accusatory finger at the man beside Sunggyu.

“What the hell?” Sunggyu turned to Woohyun, hands on his hips. “Why would you do all this? Why couldn’t you just say you liked me?”

“I did!” Woohyun exclaimed. “Every day for five years I’ve said it, and every single time you dismissed me or thought I was joking!”

Sunggyu was silent for a moment, realizing just how right Woohyun was. He remembered all the times Woohyun had told him he loved him. How he made fun of him or beat him up or something since he always thought the younger was just messing with him.

“So I thought if I did this…maybe you would realize that we’re meant to be together, and would be the one to confess.” Woohyun explained, wiping his teary eyes.

“Jeez, you don’t have to cry dummy.” Sunggyu brushed his thumb across Woohyun’s cheek, softly.

“I-I was scared!” Woohyun blurted out. “Y-You started ignoring me, and I thought that it wouldn’t work anymore…a-and you would start hating me, and never want to see me again and I would have to pretend to be married to Minhee noona and—.”

Sunggyu successfully shut him up by pulling him in for a hug, whilst softly his hair.

“Ok, ok, I’m sorry.” He murmured. “I…I was stupid.”

“At least you can admit it.” Woohyun mumbled into his chest.

“Yah.” Sunggyu frowned and pulled away. But Woohyun just chuckled, clutching onto the collar of Sunggyu’s black tuxedo jacket and pulling him in for another kiss.

“Ok, ok, save it for the honeymoon, sheesh.” Sungyeol groaned.

“Yeah, now that you guys are finally together, let’s party!” Dongwoo announced and the others cheered and followed behind him back into the hotel.

Sunggyu and Woohyun exchanged a smile, before following after their friends, hand-in-hand.

º*º*º*º*º

When they stepped into the hotel’s ballroom, there was a crowd of people—family and friends, who began to cheer wildly, and a huge sign, saying Congratulations on finally getting together you dumb idiots! was hanging from above.

Sunggyu eyed Woohyun. “Didn’t think I would say yes, huh?”

“I didn’t make that sign!” Woohyun frowned. “Yah, you guys!” He nudged Dongwoo, who just laughed.

“I’m so glad it worked Woohyunnie!” Sunggyu mother approached them, hugging the younger man tightly.

“M-Mom?!” Sunggyu gasped. “You knew about this too?”

“Oh, of course honey.” Mrs. Kim smiled nonchalantly.

“Woohyun-ah even came to our house to ask our permission to marry you.” Mr. Kim walked up behind his wife, putting an arm around her shoulder.

“Of course you would do that.” Sunggyu sighed, and Woohyun merely shrugged. “But I still have one more question…”

“What?” Woohyun blinked.

“Why is Myungsoo wearing that?” He pointed to Myungsoo who was arguing about something with Sungyeol. He had on a long black robe with a cross necklace.

“Ah, he’s the ordained clergy. Apparently he’s married off over a hundred couples.”

“What?” Sunggyu snorted. “Are you serious? Yah!” He called Myungsoo over. “What church let you become the one to marry people off?”

Myungsoo stared at him blankly, as if Sunggyu’s question was just too stupid for him to comprehend. “The church of KMSL.”

“…The what?” Sunggyu blinked. “Yah, that’s not a real church!”

“Yes it is.” Myungsoo blinked.

“Don’t lie!”

“Time for cake!” Sungjong interrupted, as he, Hoya and Dongwoo rolled the cake in on a metal wheeled tray. It was three tiers, white, and decorated prettily with pink sugar flowers. On top were a bride and groom figurine.

Sungjong handed Sunggyu and Woohyun a knife and they cut the cake together.

“Look, we made that one have light hair.” Sungyeol pointed to the bride figure. “It’s you Sunggyu hyung!”

Sunggyu raised his fist to punch Sungyeol, but was interrupted by Woohyun who smashed a clump of lemon cake right in his face.

“Yah!” Sunggyu hissed, attempting to wipe the cake off his eyes, when he felt Woohyun’s lips on his.

“There now we’re both messy.” Woohyun smiled, frosting and crumbs on his mouth.

Sunggyu was speechless for a moment and blushed, and everyone else just laughed.

º*º*º*º*º

“I can’t believe a cheapo like you actually shelled out the cash for all this…” Sunggyu murmured, sitting at a rounded table, watching people dancing and having fun on the dance floor.

Woohyun, who was sitting beside him, holding his hand under the table frowned.

“I’m not that cheap—.” But when Sunggyu shot him a knowing look, he grinned sheepishly. “Well, ok your parents may have offered to help out with the financial—.”

“I can’t believe you made my parents pay!”

“They’re our parents now, hyung!” Woohyun defended.

Sunggyu merely rolled his eyes. “Ah, but whatever happened to Minhee-sshi? I mean…was that also…?”

“She was a friend of Dongwoo’s sister. She offered to help out with the plan.”

“Wow you just…” Sunggyu shook his head. “So you all just deceived me huh? I really should stop trusting you.”

“But how would that work?” Woohyun hummed, leaning on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “After all you trust me more than anyone else, isn’t it?”

Sunggyu snorted, but he was smiling as he shoved Woohyun away.

“Hey, let’s dance.” Woohyun suddenly said.

“What? No!” Sunggyu pouted. “You know I don’t—.”

“Oh come on~” Woohyun tugged on his arm. “It’s our wedding day hyung!”

“You know we can’t really get married right?” Sunggyu groaned as he let Woohyun lead him to the dance floor.

“Mm well I don’t think that way.” Woohyun held onto Sunggyu’s hands, both of them just standing there in the middle of the dance floor, amongst dancing couples. “To me, marriage is when two people who love each other agree to be together forever…isn’t that what we are?”

Sunggyu was not a sappy person, but the romantic song playing and the genuine look on Woohyun’s face and sweet words sort of melted his heart.

“Ah, aren’t we supposed to be dancing?” Woohyun grinned, looking around at all the other couples.

“Fine, but I’m leading.” Sunggyu stated.

“What? No way!” Woohyun argued. “Why do you get to lead?”

“Because I’m taller.” Sunggyu reasoned.

“So? There’s a lot of men who are shorter than their lady—.”

“I’m not a lady!”

“Neither am I!” Woohyun retorted.

“You’re the one wearing white!” Sunggyu argued. “You’re practically the bride!”

“What? That’s doesn’t mean…” Woohyun sighed, averting his eyes. “Damn, I knew I should have worn insoles…”

Sunggyu snorted. “I got a better idea.”

“Hm?” Woohyun turned to him, when Sunggyu suddenly pulled on his arm, dragging him away from the other dancing couples. “Where’re we going?”

“I want to go somewhere.” Sunggyu led him outside the ballroom.

“What? But hyung this is our party—.”

“Where’s that shop that we got our tuxedos from before?”

“Why?” Woohyun blinked. Sunggyu, who was still holding onto his arm, took a bold step towards him.

“Because,” He smirked. “We have to find you something nice to wear for the honeymoon.”

Woohyun’s mouth hung slightly ajar, before remembering that outfit he tried on in the shop and blushed. “W-Wait, you don’t mean—.”

“Ah, but you shouldn’t get something too expensive …” Sunggyu mused, fingers gliding down the rim of Woohyun’s white tuxedo jacket. “Since I might just want to rip it off you anyways.”

 “Oh crap…” Woohyun thought. “What did I get myself into?”

-