She Will Be Loved

Outshined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truth or dare games finally ended. Most of them choose truth, while Jaein choose dare. She doesn’t even want to reveal any secret of her heart now. Not when her piece of heart were broken during the game.

Jaein sighed. It’s half past midnight and she didn’t want to sleep just yet. She chose to walked to the swings, and sat there. She always did this when she feels upset, avoiding the crowd and contemplating. Most of the boys gathered around the bonfire, playing the guitar and sing their lungs out, while the girls chose to get to the house and held their gossips time.

Jaein leaned her weight to the right side of the swing. She sighed again, at the moment, she felt like her heart stabbed by a million needles. And gazing at the crescent moon didn’t gave any help at all, she felt like crying now.

“Out of all the beautiful places in this resort, why are you sitting alone on a swing in the middle of the night?” a gentle voice ruined Jaein’s me-time on her mind.

Jaein looked up and found Kyungsoo grinned at her playfully. He then plopped himself to the swing beside Jaein.

“What’s with the gloomy mood?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jaein shrugged as she eyed the new couple. Dajeong and Joonmyun were now enjoying a peaceful date near the swim pool.

Kyungsoo sighed. “It’s about Joonmyun, right?”

Jaein didn’t answered but Kyungsoo didn’t fail to notice Jaein’s pained expression when he mentioned Joonmyun. He patted Jaein’s head softly, “You can tell me if you want” he said.

“I feel so stupid, Kyungsoo-ya” Jaein’s voice croaked, “all of this time, I always thought that he might have feelings for me. He always been so kind, so caring, so gentle”

“Isnt he like that to everyone?” Kyungsoo reasoned.

“I know, but lately, he’s been around me too much. I even saw him looking at my directions when we’re in the class” Jaein took a deep breath, “And tonight, he made it clear that all of this time, I’ve misinterpreted his manner. It’s Dajeong all of the time, and I was with Dajeong most of the time. It’s her that he’s looking for”

Dajeong is her bestfriend. They’re always together and now Jaein realizes that Dajeong has outshined her.

Jaein bit her lips, she was on the verge of crying now, but she didn’t want to breakdown, not when all of the class population are here with her. “I’m such a fool” Jaein hissed, she curled her fist tightly, it could be bleeding if she add more pressure.

Kyungsoo sighed and grab Jaein’s hand. “You’re not a fool Jaein-a. You just met the wrong person in the right timing. I could feel the same way if I was in your position, too” he consoled.

Kyungsoo squeezed her hands once. “Cheer up, Jae! You don’t want to make the kids questioning you in the morning if you got bluffy eyes, do you?” he said as he let go of Jaein’s hands.

Jaein gave him a weak smile. “Why are you here, anyway? The boys are having fun with the guitar there” she pointed at the bonfire.

“I don’t feel like having fun with them. I still hold a grudge because they’re trying to poisoned me with the crazy-garlic-wasabi-dumpling” Kyungsoo pouted.

Jaein chuckled. “You’re such a kid, you know. They made me drink the cola-cider but I’m perfectly fine with it” she stated.

“Oh please, Jae, cola-cider is nothing, you should try that crazy dumpling someday” Kyungsoo grumbled.

“No thanks, I’m not interested to try that dumpling” you laughed. “It’s a waste that you’re not joining the boys there, you have a beautiful voice. You could sing that song properly instead of letting Chanyeol sing the song in an old-man manner”

Kyungsoo smiled. “Want me to sing you a song?” he nudged Jaein. The girl nodded eagerly.

Kyungsoo take a deep breath before letting his voice colors the night.

 

“Beauty queen of only eighteen

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter