One

Hyung's Spoiled Dongsaeng [Two-Shots]

 

Chanyeol had been searching for his hyung all day long but he still couldn’t find him. He went to all possible places that Kris might go but the results were disappointing. He wasn’t there and nobody had seen him at those places either.

Chanyeol didn’t know where he was supposed to go to find his hyung anymore. That was the first time his hyung went to Korea without informing him. That was the first time his hyung went to Korea without looking for him. That was the first time his hyung went to Korea with a reason other than him. He was hurt. Deeply.

But what can he do? He missed him so much. He needed to see his hyung first no matter what. Sadness, anger, disappointment. All those things were not important at that moment. All he needed at that moment was to see his hyung and hold him in his arm. It had been almost six months since he last met him. He just missed him too much that no words in this world can describe how much he longed to be with his hyung again.

“Young Master, we found him,” said his personal assistant suddenly.

Chanyeol quickly stood up. “Jinja?! Where?”

“He’s at Hanyang University,”

Lines of wrinkles formed on Chanyeol forehead.

“Hanyang University?”

Chanyeol was confused. What was his hyung doing there? What was Kris, a man who already finished his MBA in Harvard years ago, doing at Hanyang University?

“Fine. Let's go to Hanyang University then,” said Chanyeol to his personal assistant.

 

*****

 

“Hyung!” called Chanyeol as soon as he saw Kris.

Kris turned around. His eyes widened. He was shocked to see Chanyeol. Without wasting any time, Chanyeol ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

“Hyung~” he said as he tightened his hug as if he didn’t want to let him go. He closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of his hyung body.

Kris hesitantly hugged him back.

“H-how…how do you know I’m here?” Kris asked nervously.

Chanyeol let go of his hug. He gave Kris a sharp look.

“Why? Are you afraid that I’m angry at you for not telling me that you’re in Korea? Yeah, you should be afraid. Really, really afraid!”

Kris chuckled. What a ‘cute little warning’.

“Aigooo my dongsaeng looks so cute when he’s angry. I really want to be afraid but… but I just can’t,” he said as he pinched Chanyeol’s plump cheeks and continued to laugh.

Chanyeol removed Kris’ hands from his face. He pouted.

“I’m serious. Why didn’t you tell me that you are in Korea? You know we haven’t seen each other for six months but how could you not tell me when you come? And, why are you here? What are you doing here in this university?”

Kris scratched his head.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol-ah. It’s not that I don’t want to tell you but... I’m very busy. I got so many things need to be settled today. I come to this university on my father’s behalf. My father went to US for his business trip so he sent me here to help him,” explained Kris.

Chanyeol didn't know whether what his hyung told him was true or not but by looking at his expression, it seemed like Kris was not lying.

“Oh…” that’s all Chanyeol could say.

Kris smiled. “So? Still mad at me?”

“Yup! Still mad at you! You should at least text me. No matter how busy you are, I’m sure it takes less than a minute to send a simple message telling me that you’re here!”

Kris chuckled again. He knew exactly how to win over his dongsaeng.

“Ahh, what should I do? I plan to stay at your house tonight but since you’re mad at me, looks like I have to stay at other place. Hmmm… or should I just go back to China? Go back, sleep on my own bed at home. I think it’s not a bad idea,”

“Hyung!” Chanyeol pouted even more. How could his hyung talked about going back when they just met for not more than five minutes?

Kris smirked. He continued and here comes the K.O. attack for Chanyeol, “Why? It’s not like I can’t come here again another time, right? But, if I’m not mistaken, I’m busy for the rest of the year so the only time I can go to Korea next time is…hmmm…the earliest I think, seven months from now? Or is it one year? Well who cares. It’s not like someone wants to see me in Korea. I can just delay it to two years or two-years-and-a-half if I wa–,”

“Fine, fine. I’m not mad at you anymore,” Chanyeol surrendered.

“How can I believe you when you’re still pouting? Give me a smile. A sincere one. Don’t fake it, I can detect it very easily when my Happy Virus is not smiling sincerely,”

Just as Kris wanted, Chanyeol gave him a big smile. Not only that, he also gave him a big hug as a bonus. Kris was happy that his plan worked. He patted Chanyeol’s head lovingly.

“Now this is my dongsaeng Chanyeol that I knew,”

Hearing that, Chanyeol’s smile widened.

 

*****

 

That night, after Chanyeol finished changing his cloth and taking shower, he went straight to Kris’ room. Kris was wearing his pants when Chanyeol opened the door.

“Yah! How many times I told you to knock before you enter?” scolded Kris.

Instead of apologizing, Chanyeol giggled cheekily. “Aish! I should’ve come earlier!”

Kris smacked Chanyeol’s head. Not too hard, but enough to make that naughty dongsaeng winced.

“Why are you here, anyway?” asked Kris as he walked toward his bed.

“I wanna sleep with you,” answered Chanyeol as he followed Kris from behind with a big smile on his face.

Kris stopped walking and turned around to face Chanyeol. The younger blinked his eyes a few times while wondering why his hyung stop walking suddenly.

“No,” said Kris firmly.

Chanyeol frowned. “Why not?”

“Because ‘sleeping with Kris hyung’ in Park Chanyeol dictionary means to chat and play together all night long and then we’ll end up getting sleep for only one hour. No, I need to wake up early tomorrow so I can’t let you disturb me tonight,”

Chanyeol pouted. “But it has been six months since we last met and sleep together. I promise I won’t disturb you and just sleep quietly,”

Kris shook his head. “Next time,”

“Next time? Next time when? Seven months from now? One year? Two years? Oh I see. Seem like I’m the only one who miss my brother and want to be with him. I should’ve notice it from the moment he kept his visit to Korea as a secret from me. Fine! If you don’t want to see me that bad, I understand.  It’s fine by me!” Chanyeol exploded and stormed off.

“Yah Chanyeol! Chanyeol-ah~! Park Chanyeol..!” Kris called his name repeatedly to stop him but his calls were answered with a loud bang of the door.

Chanyeol went to his bedroom and lay on his bed. He pulled the blanket until it covered his whole body including his head. He’s about to burst into tears but he tried his best to suppress it. He breathed in and breathed out a few times to calm down. It took quite awhile for Chanyeol to compose himself. When he’s sure that he was feeling better, he took the blanket off his face and stared blankly at the ceiling.

“That jerk didn’t even come here to console me,” he mumbled to himself. “Well, I’m only his stepbrother. What am I expecting?”

Chanyeol sighed.

Yes, he and Kris are only stepbrothers. It’s a bit hard and complicated to explain the relationship. After Kris’ parents divorced long time ago, his mother brought him to China and there, she married a Chinese businessman. Meanwhile, Kris’ father stayed in Korea and married one of his employees which is Chanyeol’s mother. Chanyeol was already eight years old when his mother married to Kris’ father.

His real father died when he was three years old because of a car accident. He’s been so lonely since his father left him. He has no sibling and his mother was busy working to support him. He stayed with his neighbor when his mother went out to work. Unfortunately, the neighbor was an unmarried 40-year-old lady and she was very strict towards Chanyeol. Because of this, his life became much lonelier.

When he found out that his mother was going to get married to a wealthy man who owns a big house, he was genuinely happy. He thought that his loneliness would come to an end. According to his logic, the bigger the house, the more people would live in it. He would surely have more friends and more people to talk to. However, he was wrong. The house is big but it is “empty” and dull. There were many maids and workers live in the house but none of them dared to hold a conversation with him. They only talk to him when there were important things to inform or to ask.

As for his stepfather, he’s a great man. He’s good to Chanyeol. Chanyeol can see that his stepfather loves him very much. He took a good care of Chanyeol but sadly, most of the times, his stepfather can only express his love to Chanyeol by sending him bodyguards to ensure that he’s always safe, as well as hiring a personal assistant to make it easier for Chanyeol to get things done for him. His stepfather is such a busy man. When Chanyeol wakes up, he already left for work and when he comes back home, Chanyeol is already asleep.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol’s mother is always home after she re-married. However, it’s so hard to see her without a guest at the house. She said she needs to socialize and hang out with other VIP’s wives so that his stepfather’s reputation will always be nice in other people’s eyes. Frankly speaking, Chanyeol doesn’t understand how it helps his stepfather’s reputation at all when all those Ahjummas do are just gossiping about other people’s life and showing off their luxury items.

Not long after that, he met Kris. He met Kris when he was ten years old. Kris was a young teenager at that time and he’s already a high school student. Kris came to Korea because his real father (Chanyeol's stepfather) was hospitalized for lung problem. Kris stayed in Korea for almost a month because of it and he stayed at Chanyeol’s house throughout the time. To be honest, Chanyeol was afraid of Kris at first. When he smiled at Kris, Kris never smile back. When he asked Kris to play together with him, Kris would say that he’s no longer a kid. When he tried to hold a conversation with Kris, Kris would excuse himself by saying that his Korean is not that good.

But Kris was “unlucky”. He met Chanyeol at the “wrong” time. He met Chanyeol when Chanyeol already had enough living in a world where people refused to talk to him. He met Chanyeol when Chanyeol already made up his mind not to be a lonely person anymore. If he came a bit earlier, maybe he could get away with Chanyeol’s “I-need-a-friend-right-here-right-now” syndrome.

So, towards Kris, Chanyeol was persistent. He didn’t give up. He followed Kris wherever he goes until Kris got tired. If Kris refused to talk to him and used language barrier as an excuse, Chanyeol would tell him that he’ll take private Chinese lesson. Kris had no choice but to agree because if Chanyeol knows Chinese, it means he couldn’t talk freely on the phone again, and he also couldn’t swear as much as he wants again. If Kris refused to play with him, Chanyeol would cry as loud as he can. His cries were too noisy that Kris couldn’t focus on anything else. So he ended up playing with Chanyeol no matter how childish the game was. If Kris didn’t smile back at him, Chanyeol would hug him and never let him go. It was Chanyeol’s worst method but Chanyeol didn’t cared. It worked.

It’s not an exaggeration to say that Chanyeol earned Kris’ acknowledgement as his younger brother in a very hard way. When Kris had to go back to China, Chanyeol still remembered what Kris said to him. He said that he wished he would never come to Korea again. Chanyeol was not hurt with his words at all. Instead, he replied that he will always wait for him and welcome him at his house. Even though it was difficult for Kris, Kris still went to Korea from time to time to visit his father. Gradually, he got used to Chanyeol. Slowly, he understood why Chanyeol wants to make friend with him very much. And eventually, he accepted Chanyeol as his younger brother and showered him with his boundless love until that younger brother became, well frankly speaking, a clingy spoiled brat.

“Chanyeol-ah,” Kris’ voice brought Chanyeol back into reality.

Quickly he closed his eyes and pretended to sleep. He could hear the sound of the door being opened followed by the sound of footsteps heading towards him. He knew Kris sat next to him when he felt the mattress sunk a bit.

“Chanyeol-ah, I’m very sorry. I know I was being inconsiderate and insensitive towards you today. I didn’t mean to hurt you at all. I’m sorry,” said Kris softly.

Chanyeol remained silent in his posture. He continued to pretend sleeping.

“You were wrong when you said that you’re the only one who misses his brother just now. Believe me, I miss you a lot and I really want to be with you just as much as you want to be with me too. But… well, you know that I’m not good at expressing those kind of things,” Kris added.

Chanyeol was still not moving. He was happy to hear what Kris said but he didn’t want to give in too easily to his hyung.

“I’m letting you sleep with me. Come to my room in 10 seconds if you forgive me and still want to sleep with me tonight,” Kris then stood up and left the room.

Of course, Chanyeol immediately got out of his bed and ran towards Kris’ room as fast as he can. In fact, he was so fast that he managed to overtake Kris and arrived first at the bedroom before Kris. When Kris entered his room, Chanyeol was already on his bed with the air-cond remote control in his hand.

“Hyung, should we lower the temperature? The colder the room, the more I can cuddle with you. Heheeeeee~,” exclaimed Chanyeol with a wide grin on his face.

Kris narrowed his eyes. “Brat~!”

 

 


A/N:

How is the story so far? Is it okay? I'm afraid I didn't meet the expectation. Since this is my first time writing and also my first time writing exo fanfic, I hope you guys will leave some comments about my story. Don't worry I won't eat you if you say my story is bad. Your comments will be a big help for me ^^

Anyway, Tao will appear on the next chapter. Wanna know who is Tao, why actually Kris kept his visit to Korea as a secret and what will happen to these two brothers? Well, coming soon~~~

Till then, anneyong~ ^^