Chapter 10

Baby Hae to Donghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

Eunhyuk pov.

     “He’s…. your son.”

     Donghae’s eyes widened. “What?” He’s face are full of surprises and shock, yet he didn’t say anything only after a few minute, he gave me a small bitter chuckled. “You’re kidding, right?” he tried to denied. “If you’re trying to fool around with me, you don’t have to, because it’s not funny.”

     No, it’s not. How should I convince that it’s real? I shook my head, telling him that it’s true, “No Donghae, this is real.”

     He groaned and his face showed a slight of anger, “You’re too much.”

     “Donghae,” I spoke softly. “I’m not sure about it myself. But, I may not be here if the baby wasn’t too.”

     He went silent again. “Whose is it?” he asked. I hesitated to answer, “Jessica?” he asked again. I just nodded to his question.

     Donghae’s shoulder shuddered when he heard that name. “She went to our dorm a few days ago and asked me to give the baby to you.” my voice cracked, not sure if he wants me to tell about her. “She told me that-,” I stopped. “-that the baby is yours.”

     Donghae looked like he’s lost in space. I stared at his now pale white face, hoping for a response from him.

-Baby Hae to Donghae-

     The café is going to close soon, so we head out. I paid for the coffee since Donghae hasn’t spoken as he was still shocked. We went for a small walk around the park near the Eiffel Tower.

     After a while, I gather my courage, stopped him from walking and gave him a comfort hug. As I wrapped my arms around his shoulder, he exhaled and I feel him relax. I patted his shoulder.

     “We’ll get through this, okay?” I said to him and pulled away. “I’m here for you.” He looked to my eyes. “But, for now, you should meet him.”

     He look up at me disbelief, “Huh? Why should I?”

     “You have to, Hae. He's your son,” I said to him. “I’ll take you to him now. Our hotel is not far from here. We go there and discuss about it-.”

     “No.” Donghae shook his head.

     “What do you mean ‘no’?”

     “I’m not going.”

     I don’t believe this. “He’s your son. Wrong or not, he’s innocent.” I told him. “He needs a father. He needs you.” I pointed at him. “I know it’s difficult to accept. Just forget about Jessica and get it over.”

     Donghae sneered, “I’m not ready for this bull. I’m not responsible for any matter with that ! She can’t just leave any kid to me like that,” he paused. “I was so stupid on forgiving her when she left me! Now, I hate her so much.”

     “Yah Lee Donghae!” I called. “What she done is unforgivable, I know. But, not accepting your son is exactly the same thing as what she did. I understand that you’re mad but, you have to accept the truth. I can help you to get this through,” I told him.

     “Even with your help, I don’t care,” he said and looked away.

     I frowned at him. “What?” I stunned. “I came all the way here for you, to help you and now you’re refusing my help. What’s happening to you? You’re not the Donghae I remember.” I tell him.

     “What had happen to me, it doesn’t matter with you,” Anger and hatred, that’s what I see in his eyes.

     “Well, it does! Damn it!” I screamed. “I didn’t ask for this yet I was dragged into your mess!” I groaned.

     “This wouldn’t have happen if you don’t bring that kid here!” he shouted at me.

     “What do you expect me to do? Leave him to the orphanage? Like hell I would do that!” I yelled.

     Donghae ruffled his hair and turned his back on me. I sighed while rubbing my face in frustration. I never felt so mad at him before.

     It gets harder to handle with him right now. Donghae’s not always be in a mood to be convince when he’s upset. Not in this condition. I took out a small card that I got from the hotel with my handwriting on it. I shove that small piece of paper into his cold hand. Donghae looked down at his hand.

     “This is my hotel room and phone number. Meet me tomorrow morning,” I paused. “Please. He needs you,” I pleaded him.

     He only sighed heavily before asking, “What if I don’t?”

     I clasped my knuckle tightly. “I will fly back to Korea with him. And you are no longer my friend.” I said bitterly. Donghae was taken back of what he just heard. But, I have to admit, Donghae isn’t the person what I see in front of me. “Think this through. Goodbye,” then I turned to leave him.

-Baby Hae to Donghae- -Later-

     Luckily, I managed to get taxi on late night or else I’ll be walking back or waiting for a public bus. I wanted to go home quickly. Along the way, I thought about our earlier fight, about what Donghae had said. I don’t what came to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter