Oblivious Emotions

I Love You... Do You Love Me?

(Gain POV)

"I'd like the chocolate bubble tea, along with the taro," Kwon ordered. He whispered to me, "Anything else...?"

"And nothing else, thank you," I smiled at the waiter. The waiter's name which engraved Siwon winked at me and walked back to the staff kitchen to make our drinks. Suddenly, I heard a scoff of resentment and anger come from in front of me.

"What happened now?" I said with a sarcastic tone. 

He spoke with anger, "That...! That Siwon guy just flirted with you...!" I smiled on the inside at the annoyed look on Kwonnie's face.

"Really? Because I didn't see him talk with us," I stated innocently.

"He was flirting with his eyes; geez you're so ignorant sometimes," he sighed. I just chuckled and then looked at my watch.

"Why would you care? You're just my best friend," I casually said while sipping my delicious bubble drink. My question took him surprisingly off hand.

"Well... I'm looking for Kikwang's back," he added stubbornly, "I want to make sure that you aren't going to cheat on him behind his back at the times when you guys aren't together."

"Wah!" I pouted. "Don't you have faith in me...?"

He rolled his eyes. "I would if you'd stop trying to do aegyo on me." I just stuck my tongue out playfully and put my drink down on the drink coaster on the table.

"I have 45 more minutes until my date with Kikwang," I said, regretful I didn't even spend one full hour with my best friend before going to my date.

Immediately after I said "Kikwang", I swore his eyes darkened. I don't know why; whenever it comes to my ulta-wonderful-boyfriend, Kwonnie doesn't seem to like it that much (sad face). I really don't get it - Kikwang oppa is really a nice guy. Even though Kikwang oppa and Kwon  are polar opposites, I do wish that they both can become friends and put aside whatever's keeping them from not being close.

Suddenly, Kwon said, "G, can I ask you something privately?" I was slightly taken aback at how different his tone sounds now... it sounds a bit stoic and depressed.

"Sure, I'll answer whatever's making you sound dramatic right now," I casually answered/

He seemed a bit reluctant to say his question; I really wonder what he's holding back from me.

"I was wondering if you can call me 'oppa' instead of just 'Kwon'," he said, looking like he just took a load off. When I looked wide-eyed at him, he quickly answered, "Yah, I have the right to maintain the title of 'oppa'! I've known you longer than Kikwang anyways, so what's the big deal?!"

He was pretty much bursting with childliness. "I thought when we were kids you said you never wanted me to call you 'oppa'?"

We both remembered the time when we were both little kids.

 

~Flashback~

(2003, Ga in and Jo Kwon are 8 years old)

 

(Gain POV)

 

"Hey, Kwon oppa!" I smiled toothily as I ran up to him. I was covered from head-to-toe in mud, especially around my eye-area. "Do I look pretty now?" I caught him by surprise as he was eating a sandwich on a nearby table. "Does it look like I have bigger eyes now?"

He sighed and put down his sandwich. "What did you do to yourself, G? You look all dirty. Why were you trying to look like you have bigger eyes with mud?" 

His expression looked at me in an expression I had imagined differently earlier. I thought he'd say, "Wow, G! You look so pretty with the mud on your eyes - it makes it look bigger! You look like a princess!" and have a happy expression... but I couldn't tell what expression oppa had on right now.

"This mud around my eyes makes up for the ugly eyes I have, doesn't it?" I smiled.

I said him accidentally rip off almost half of his sandwich, his knuckles turning white. "Who said that?"

"A couple of kids in my class," I explained, "they were teasing me on-"

That was when oppa said in a very loud, angry sounding voice, "How could you think that your eyes are ugly...?" he said, "your eyes are beautiful and unique and the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. Don't let anyone think, especially you, that your eyes aren't pretty, when that's a total lie."

I looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yes. And that's the truth." he smiled. 

"Thanks, oppa." he winced.

"Don't call me that. It makes me sound old." I playfully nodded my head and started to once again.

(End of flashback)

 

Anyway, not only was that the day when he told me not to call him oppa, but that was also the day when someone for the first time genuinely complimented me on what makes me feel insecure on the most. That was also the time when we became best friends. 

 

(Kwon POV)

 

I did, in fact remember me telling her a long time ago that I didn't want to be called 'oppa,' but that was when we were kids and didn't have that much sense then. 

And besides, I was too young - I didn't really get the concept of liking someone; whenever Gain was around, I'd always feel this thing rumbling inside of me, making me feel really nervous. But I'd just shrug it off and act normal. When we were young, it'd be normal for us to have a brother-sister relationship, basing off the fact that neither of us was that attractive in our eyes, but as we grew older, Gain blosommed into a beautiful butterfly, and it was hard not to fall in love with her. 

"Let's go somewhere else before you're late to meet up with Kikwang." I said, trying to smile but it came out forced.

Truthfully, I seriously hated the living life out of her boyfriend, Kikwang. I was jealous of how he managed to get Gain as his girlfriend without really even trying and how he can get everyone to like him by a simple flash of a smile. For me, people would judge me coldly at first and either call me a "nerd," "geek," "weirdo," - I'd have to try hard to prove that I was as normal as others. But I was happy when Gain, Seulong, and the BEG noonas didn't do that (they're all older than me by a few months, except G is younger than me by a little).

I was lucky.

But as in being the third wheel in Gain-Kikwang-and my relationship, I wasn't. I dropped Gain off at Kikwang - the devil - 's house, and waved good-bye.

"Bye, G! Have a good time!" I smiled, hiding my sadness that it couldn't be me that Gain was going with on a date.

She smiled brightly. "Bye oppa! See you later!" and she went inside.

I couldn't stop smiling - not even from five minutes later.

 

~~~

Author's Comment;

Omo, I've been inactive on this account for a really long time - mianhae ^^! I had A LOT of things to attend to in the real-life world, and never gotten the time to update *sobs* >< And as for this chapter, if it didn't meet your expectations, there are going to be plenty of better chapters in the future since all beginnings are rusty, right? :3 

I pre-written some of the future chapters, so expect a lot of drama and love, mkay?

Thankyouguise~!