I'm the one who stayed

I'm the one who stayed
A couple of minutes after he was gone, his phone started ringing.
Knowing he wouldn’t get mad at me if I answered in his place, I took it and looked at the screen to see who it was.
 I frowned my eyebrow. An unknow numbers? Strange. 
This cellphone was the personal one that he used exclusively for his relatives and close friends.
Thinking it was maybe a prankcall, I decided to connect the line.
- Who is it ? I asked bluntly.
- Hello ? It’s me…
I immediately recognised the soft voice through the phone speaker.
It was him. That bastard.
I grabbed whatever that was within my reach and tried to control my rising anger.
The voice went on.
- Hello ? Are you there ? I know it has been a while and it’s sudden but…It’s me. I would like to... See you again. If you are ok with it. Of course. 
My jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe it.
How could someone like him even had the guts to think of something like that ?
Are you kidding me ?
How could someone like him even dare to call him and act as if he was taking some news from a close friend he didn’t see for a week when he abandonned him five years ago.
- So…What do you think ?
I closed my eyes for a second. It couldn’t be happening. It was a joke, right ? A tasteless one but a joke nonetheless, right ?
Because no one on their right mind would call the very person they left alone for years…right ?
- Why aren’t you saying anything ? I know that I left you but…I couldn’t do anything else. I just wanted to…I just wanted to have a better life ! 
I took a deep breathe.
- …I didn’t want to leave the both of you. I swear it on my soul. But….they…I…couldn’t do anything else. But now…I…I want to be closer to you again…. It was really…I was so hard to do it…to leave you behind. I really want to speak with the both of you again and be friends like in the past.
Upon hearing this I stood up, rage flaming within me.
- Are you really for real ?
He stayed silent for a second. I continued.
- It was hard leaving huh ? But did you know that it was also hard staying ? Where were you when he needed you ? Where were you when he was silently crying in his room every night that God made ? You left him but now you want us…no…it’s him you want. You want him back ? You still think that he’s yours ? But that is never going to happen because he doesn’t need you anymore ! He won’t trust a single words that come out of your mouth anymore ! He won’t entrust his back at you for you to stab him to death a second time ! And if you want to know why, It’s very simple :
Who do you think stayed by his side for six years ? Who wiped his tears off his face after you deserted him ? Who do you think took all his time to reteach him to accord his precious trust at other again ? Who do you think loved him and protected him all these years when you dropped him as if he was an old damaged toy ? It was ME ! Not YOU but ME .
- I’m sorry….I’m so sorry…If only I could…
- Don’t say it ! Don’t you dare say anything else ! I’m really mad at you. But I know for sure that he dosent want you. He is over you now because  the one he needs is me. The person he trusts the most is me. The name he whispers when he wants to be reassured is mine and mine only...
- Changmin ?
- Yes ! I’m here Yunho-Hyung* !
I put back my attention on the phone.
-…So don’t even try to see him, talk to him or contact him by whatever connection you have again because if you do…I WILL ENDS YOU…Hyung. I said before hanging on him.
I was in the midst of putting his phone were I took it when Yunho entered the room.
- Changmin ? Ah ? You were on the phone ? Huh ? It’s mine ! 
Yunho looked at me, surprised.
- It rang a couple of minutes after you left.
- Oh ? And who was it ?
He took back his possession on the couch.
- No one. It was just a really cocky bug...
- Eh ? No way !
He wanted to look at his phone screen but I stopped him.
-...But don’t worry, hyung…I took care of it for you.
He lifted his face and brightened up right away.
- Really ?
- Yeah…we should get going now. If not, we are goint to be late for the filming. Oh ! And by the way, it would be safer if you changed your number again…
The man nooded.
- I will do that then…
- Perfect !
Then I snatched the phone from his hand and threw it away on the couch once again, grabbed Yunho’s shoulder and dragged him out of the room. 
- Hey ! Wait a minute ! He protested.
Acting as if I didn’t hear him, I smiled and went on heading towards the filming set.
- Hey ! Changmin ! I couldn’t check the phone condition ! Changmin ! Are you listening ?
- No I’m not ! I replied laughing.
Yunho looked at me as if I was the meanest person on earth and ended up pouting at me until we reached the setting of our commercial.
 
 
* Hyung is an equivalent to "older brother" in korea