Axis # 01: The Situation

[KPOP] Believe: The Journey~
Believe
“Believing in the dream you want to achieve is the same with doing everything to get it."
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
chapterone
The  Situation

Axis # 01: The Situation.

 

 

~Manila, Philippines – 1:37pm~

 

Samantha plugged her earphones to her ear as she walked to her next class. This class is the only class Shane and her don’t have together.


Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm and dragged her somewhere.
“Wait! Ano ba?!” She said in her native language.
 

(Ano ba means ‘What?!’)


The moment that the guy who pulled her found a safe place to talk, he turned around and looked at Samantha.
He has a mouth-mask so Sam doesn’t really recognize him.

 

 

 

The guy pulled his mask down and revealed his face to Sam.
And Sam said he does look familiar.
‘Have I met him somewhere?’ She thought to herself.
 

 

“I’m Rio. Uh, I heard that you’re Shane’s friend?” The guy said.
He’s obviously Korean. His looks and accent tells her so.
 

She looked at him weirdly, “Yes. Why?”
“I seriously need to talk to her.”
“And why?” She asked, feeling her over-protectiveness of her 10 year friend.


The guy said something in Korean in a mumble.
“Igeo Bwoya?” And he turned to her again. “It’s about her mother, okay?”

 

“Mother? What happened to Tita Ivoj?” I asked.
Ivoj is Shane’s Mother. She flew to Korea a year ago because of her promise to Shane that she’ll take her there. She went because of a work opportunity and now, what happened?

 

“Take me to her and I’ll tell her. It’s quite confidential. I hope you understand.” He said in a mild tone.

 

Samantha took a deep breath and pulled her phone out.
She dialed Shane’s number.
 

 

“Yeah, Mommy?” – Shane
“Uh, Shane. Where are you?” – Sam
“Uhm, On the way for my next class. Why?” – Shane
“I think we need to talk. Well, someone here needs to talk to you.” – Sam.
“Who?” – Shane
“A guy named Rio. He said he has news and a message from your mom.” – Sam
“Eh? Where should I meet you?” – Shane
“Literature Class.” – Sam
“Okay. On my way. Wait for me, nae? Bye, mom. I’m hanging up.” – Shane

 

 

Sam turned to the guy.
“She’s on her way here.” She told him.




Meanwhile…

 

 

After receiving the worrisome call from Sam,
Shane hurriedly ran to the Lit Class.

 

Why would her mom send her a message through a guy named Rio, if she could just call her?

 

It’s really making her nervous.





It took her a while to get to the Literature Class.
Almost in front of the class, Shane caught sight of the guy and Samantha.

“Sam!” Shane yelled.
“Shane.” Sam calmly regarded as Shane came to her side.


Shane turned to look at the guy.
“What message? If this is not very important, my mom could’ve just called me through phone. I know this might be something really big.” She inquired.

 

Rio sighed. “You have heard from your mom that she is dating someone right? And she also told you that this guy she’s dating is a business man. And now, she wanted me to tell you who he really is.” Rio said with a bit of suspense.



“He is….”

 

 

 

~To the other side of the world~
 

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA. 2:37pm

 

 

“Irheobeorin chae,
Waemhyeon haneun geot gata.
Chameul subakke eobseo nununeul gamjimman~” D.O sang to ready his voice for their vocalization.
 

 

 

“Kyungsoo, rest for a bit. You don’t have to stress yourself out getting ready for today’s activity.” Suho reminded him with worry.

 

“Sorry, hyung. It’s just that it’s almost been 2 weeks since we last made an activity. I’m afraid my voice will fail me today.” D.O smiled sheepishly.

 

 

“I wonder why Sooman-seosaengnim hasn’t been around the company the past few days.” Yixing suddenly mentioned.
Luhan nods in agreement. “The last time we saw him around was last week and he was also in a rush that day.”

 

 

“Maybe he’s busy. Maybe a new group has been formed!” The 2nd to the maknae line, Tao, enthusiastically said.


 

 

“Eyy. We could have been given notice if that’s the case, Tao.” Chanyeol said as he ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair.

 

 

 

A while later, Xiumin walks in with Chen with buns in their hands. “Want some?” Xiumin asked Sehun, the maknae.
Sehun opened his mouth and took a bite.

 

“Gomawoyeo, hyung.” He said.
Xiumin smiled.




“Minseokkie-hyung! Nado!” Tao whined.
Chen hurriedly came to Tao’s side and fed him.
Tao said ‘thanks’ and munched.



 

 

And their manager entered.
“Should we start the vocalization now?”
“YES!” The 12 enthusiastically replied.

 

 

 

Luhan went in first followed by Yixing/Lay.
Then the others followed.

 

 

As they got settled in the recording room, the manager started to introduce the new album’s story and theme.

“As we all know, your MV in What is Love had a lot of scenes with the moon being shown. We all have discussed that the moon has something to do with the hidden things about you, the aliens from EXO Planet. So, as the management decided, the song you’ll be coming back with will all be about,” He paused and took a piece of paper from the folder which turned out to be a picture of.. “WOLF.” He finished.

 

 

“Wolf?” Kris asked. “You mean ‘Werewolves’?”
“Yes. People who shifts as Wolfs. Or should I say people who has a wolf blood running through their veins. The song has been polished and finished. All we have to do is listen and start deciding the parts, nae?” The manager concluded. EXO nodded their heads, all interested on their new album.

 

 

“Um, Hyung.” Kai called their manager’s attention. “Can I ask something?” He added.
 

“Oh, sure, Jongin. What is it?” Their manager inquired.
 


“It’s been a week since we last saw Sooman-seosaengnim. He usually checks up on us but this week he wasn’t really around. Where is he?” Jongin/Kai asked.


“Ah. He’s out of the country. He needed to fix personal things.” Their manager said.
 


“Personal? Is this about his fiance’?” Baekhyun asked with his knowledge.

 

 

Lee Sooman had been divorced to his wife for almost 2 years now. And he found a new girlfriend and recently proposed to her.
 

“I think so.” Their manager replied. “As far as I know, her fiancé has a daughter in her country. Maybe Boss wanted to meet her and ask her permission.” He added.



“Oh.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

 

“I’ll play the song now, nae? Listen to the rhythm and beat.” Their manager said.

 

 

And they got drowned in learning their next big hit song.

 

 

~Back to Manila, Philippines~

 

“WHAT?!” Shane and Samantha yelled at the same time.

“Lee Sooman. SMEnt’s President/CEO and Founder.” Rio repeated.

 

“No bleeding hell way.” Shane said in disbelief.
“He wanted to ask you personally for your permission. Of course, you’ll be his daughter and you’ll live with him back in Seoul. Isn’t that your dream? To finally get to Korea?” Rio asked her.

 

Shane blinked.
“Are you ing serious?”

Rio said, “Yes! I’m Sooman-ssi’s speaker for SMEnt. How could I lie to his soon-to-be-daughter?” He smiled.




“B-But, where’s my mom?” Shane asked.
“They’re at their hotel. They actually sent me here to you and Ms. Samantha.” Rio turned to Sam. “We actually saw your Korean Covers in your youtube account. Along with the Dance Covers you two did together.” He smiled at the 2 girls.


Samantha and Shane blushed deep red.


“T-They did?” Shane asked shyly.

 

“Yes. The more reason that CEO-nim wanted to meet you. He’s very enthusiastic to have a new daughter who is very talented and as beautiful as you. Also, your mother already talked with Sam’s mom. If you’ll accept the marriage of your mom and Sooman-ssi, she’ll take Sam’s family to Korea too.” Rio informed them.

 

 

The two girls’ jaws dropped.
‘THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!’ Sam’s thoughts exclaimed.



“When should we meet?” Shane asked, still dazed.
Rio looked down on his watch. “We’re actually already late. I have submitted an excuse letter to the admin to let you 2 girls home early.” Rio sighed.

 

 

“You mean, we are going now?” Samantha blinked and looked at Shane. Shane looked at Rio.
“Yes. Sooman-ssi has a lot to do in Seoul, actually. But he’s really excited to meet you girls.”

 

Shane contemplated the situation.
And after a few moments.


“Okay. Let’s go.” She smiled slightly. She turned to Sam. “Is it okay, Sam?” She asked her bestfriend. Sam nodded with a genuine smile.

 

 

 

“Okay! Well then, Kajja!” Rio exclaimed as they went out the school and hit the road.

 

 

 

 

 

And after a few minutes, they have arrived on a five star hotel, Shane’s soon-to-be-father and mother stays at. Shane and Sam looked around in awe.

 

They took the elevator and went up to the highest floor that is the room of Lee Sooman.



 

 

As soon as the door opened, Shane’s mother caught her daughter into a tight hug.

 

Nako, anak!” (It means, Oh my god, my daughter!) Ivoj exclaimed.

“I missed you, Mom.” Shane cried into the shoulder of her mother. They stayed like that for a few moments and when they pulled away, Shane noticed Rio with a man from her mother’s back.



“I-Is he…” Shane trailed off.

 

Sooman smiled at Shane.
He walked over to her. “Finally, I get to see you in person!” he said in a warm and welcoming tone.

 

Shane automatically bowed.
“A-Annyeonghaseyo.”


Sooman blinked. “Oh, you know how to speak Korean?” He said in his native language, Korean.

“Uhm, we just studied it in school as our elective.” Shane said and smiled.

 

 

“Rio might have told you about it already. But, I’m really very ecstatic to meet you.” Sooman turned to Sam. “And also you, Samantha. I have reviewed your covers.” He smiled.

 

“Ah, nae. Kamsahamnida.” Sam said shyly and bowed.

 

 

“Anyway, I’ll get straight to it, kiddo.” Sooman smiled at Shane. “I love your mom, Shane. And it’ll be my lifetime pleasure if you’ll give me your permission to be your dad and your mom’s husband. I may be a little old but my fatherly skills are still practiced since I, you know, adopted Hyukjae.” Sooman nodded.

 

 

‘Oh, right. I forgot. Eunhyuk from SJ is his adopted son.’ Shane thought.

 

“I already told her before, Sooman-ssi. As long as she’s happy, I’ll always give my consent. Let’s face it. I’m a girl and in the future when I have my own family I couldn’t always put my attention to her. I’m glad that now, she has you for her companion. So of course, I approve, Sooman-ssi.” Shane said very politely.

 

Sooman couldn’t hide his smile.
“Thank you, my child. And now that you have given me the consent to be your dad, please be comfortable with me now. Call me appa. Nae?” He said.

 

 

Shane grinned. “Nae. Appa.”

 

“GREAT!” Sooman exclaimed. He turned to Sam. “I hope Rio explained things with you and Shane, Sam. If you will approve, I would like you to come with us in Korea and train in SMEnt, with Shane. Since it’ll be hard for her to make friends there immediately even though she’s already fluent in speaking in Korean. So, please take good consideration to it, nae?” Sooman explained.

 

“I have talked to your mother too, Sam. Maybe the two of you can discuss it today.” Ivoj smiled warmly at Sam.

 

 

 

“Yes, tita. I believe I have to go and have a word with my mom about the situation. I’ll really take it to big consideration, Sooman-ssi.” Sam bowed and smiled. “Jeongmal Kamsahamnida.”

 

“Cheonmaneyo, my child. Rio, can you please guide Sam down?” Sooman asked his trusted friend.

 

“Sure, CEO-nim.”

 

 

Shane walked over to Sam.
“Call you later, Sam.” She hugged her and smiled.
“Make sure.” Sam chuckled an answer.
“Bye~ Ingat!” Shane waved as Sam retreated.
“Yeah! Bye~” Sam smiled. And with that she’s out.

 

 

(A/N: Ingat means Take care.)

 

 

Shane turned to her mom and to her new dad.
She’s taking a step forward, towards her dreams.

AUTHOR'S NOTESSo, yeah. A full length fanfic. Huwaaa.  Not bad for the first chapter I guess. :) I ahve another one shot to finish so the next chapter might be posted next week. If anyone is reading, please tell me what you think by commenting nae? :D THAAAAAAANKS! - Writer Jae;