Forever Yours

Forever Yours

There he was.

The black tresses young man kept sitting on bedside, staring at the sky illuminated by the stars that could be partly seen through the window. The look in his eyes was empty, without light, with no life. One of his hands was gliding over the light bed sheet which he already was so familiar. Innumerous times he had it changed after sating his desire together with his beloved one. The one whom made him dedicate all his days to make him happy, the only person he was able to fell in love with. The only and true owner of his heart.

He and Kevin met when they still were kids, in the day the little fragile blond boy with skinny body arrived from a school in America. Not too long, the two had discovered having several things in common, causing the proximity of both of them to get bigger every day, quickly making grow a tender friendship.

The years had passed and both had grown up. Before they could even notice, they would became students from second grade of the high school. Kiseop turned into a handsome guy, and this would caught ladies’s attention and made Kevin extremely jealous. Feeling that he considered as something innocent. Once Kiseop was surrounded by girls, Kevin couldn’t have his friend to himself. But, as time passed, he found out it was more than just jealousy.

Seeing Kiseop accompained by a woman became more than just nuisance. His chest ached inside as if his heart was being crushed by his own lungs. And when he was alone with, everything seemed to be unimportant. His smile seemed to be more beautiful than any star’s brightness, the sound of his laugher would be more enjoyable then any music, his presence would make him feel at home, like if there was where he really belonged to. By his side.

And then, when arguing, Kevin ended up revealing that so long hidden pain. He complained about the fact they didn’t have any time together like they used to have anymore.  And amid the argue, he ended up uttering words that even himself didn’t understand the whole meaning, but enough to silence both of them and arouse their most profound feelings.

“I love you!”.

Those three words never were so appropriated to describe what they felt for each other. Love.

But that seemed to be so wrong. They were men, beyond friend, almost brothers. What would people think? What would their families say? What were they supposed to do? A whirl of questions came up in their minds, letting them confused, afraid. Till the moment Kevin felt his body being pushed against the wall and Kiseop approaching as he never did before, until their lips were touching.

The first kiss.

So pure as the sea ​​breeze, as passionate as it could be. And it was at that moment they were sure that no matter what would happen, what would be said or thought, they would fight to be together, because that’s what they were supposed to do. It was what they were destined to do.

Now, as university students, their touches were no longer that innocent, but it never let go of being true. They had experienced pleasures which many people judge as forbidden, had made promises and vows, and after many years they had lived happier than ever. Together.

Out of the blue, everything has gone.

And it would never come back.

Kevin had been taken from his arms by the worst possible way. By the only way which would never allow Kiseop to have him back. Death.

The younger one was going back home after a walk around the park. One of the rare times when he decided to go alone, when he was approached by a suspect man whom threatened him with a laminated steel blade, exacting his valuable belongings. Kevin didn’t react to, gave everything to him without even thinking twice. But, seeing he could get the things easily, the man exacted something Kevin hesitated to grant. His body. Kiseop was the only one who touched him intimately ever since, and Kevin didn’t want it to change.

So, on a desperate attempt he thought about running away, but he wouldn’t be fast enough. He struggled while feeling his arms being abruptly pulled by the man, which ended up catching attention of those who were passing by. Realizing that he would be reported to authorities, the individual dropped him to run away then, but not without a revenge for being rejected. Kevin felt a whopping pain emerging in his abdomen, followed by the blood that didn't hesitate to flow. And then, little by little the light run away from his eyes, until finally fade away.

Kiseop's phone rang, and when picking it up and listening to Kevin's mother's voice in tears, his heart stopped beating, almost as if he wanted to remain silent to make sure he heard everything rightly. She explained what had happened, even about Kevin being rescued in time, but when he arrived to the hospital it was already too late.

Too late.

In a puff Kiseop saw his life vanish. Nothing in the world could be compared with the pain of the need of going to the funeral of the person whom he loved the most in his life. It was like if Kevin was burying his own soul together with him. The murderer was caught and, since he had several stints in police, he received a sentence which probably would last until his remaining days of life. But that wouldn't bring Kevin back. Not even would lessen the pain of his loss.

Now, days later, life had lost its meaning. There was no reason to live. There was no reason to keep trying. Everything was bringing back memories of Kevin. The photos in the bedroom, in the computer, phone, the aroma that was still ingrained in his clothes. Even the sky which he liked so much to admire. And ironically today was so beautiful and bright, like Kiseop had never seen.

Kiseop took a deep breath. Lowering his head and letting a few tears escape from his eyes, it slowly dripping down on his face until those droplets reached his hands. And the gun between them. He remembered the promise he had made to Kevin year ago, that no matter what happens, they'd be together forever. An "ever after" that there was no "till the death do us apart". If they couldn't be together while living, then Kiseop would venture himself in order to find Kevin again in the heaven.

Even with trembling hands, the gun was pointed at his own head. His dark orbs stared at the stars once again and, looking at them, he pronounced what would be his last words: "We will be together forever, I'll be forever yours". And then, before completely closing his eyes, he'd swear while giving his last breath he saw a shadow appear in front of his eyes and embrace him, comforting him. There was no more regrets, there was no more fear. Kevin was there.

His angel came to get him.

And so, the room was filled by the shrill trigger sound. It promptly disappeared giving place to the most genuine silence. Kiseop's body slumped on the bed and now, for the last time, the bed sheets were stained, but with a different color. Red.

The color as vibrate and vivid as the love both of them feel. And that would never die.