early goodbye ?

The Waiting Game /hiatus

Jinhye sat in her room on the cold empty floor with papers circling her.

"Jinhye, phone ~ " Her mother said holding the phone out to her.  Jinhye walked over and closed the door as her mother walked away.

"Yoboseyo Hello ? Her voice was still and quiet.

"It's me! What are you doing today?" His voice was loud and happy.

"Who is this?" Jinhye sat down on the futon on the ground.

"Seungho ~ are you busy?"

"Why didn't you just call me cell?:

"I did... 7 billion times.. did you turn it off?"

"No.." She lied.

"So tonight, you, Jiwoo, Joonie and I?

"I can't.. family is over, i have to finish packing, plus i'm not aloud out.. i'll call you later" She quickly hung up. It was the night before Seungho left for the army, Jinhye was putting off the pain of saying goodbye until today.

- 1 month ago -

Everyone was sitting quiestly in class studying for the final exams.  They were all dreaming of getting into the SKY universities.  Seoul National, Korea, Yonsei university

"Everyone.. let's all congradulate Dong Minkyu, Kang jaejin, Shim Gyubok and Yang Seungho" The teacher randomly announced.

"For what? They're not even the top of the classes" a student asked. 

The teacher gave him a stern look.  "After highschool they are off to the army to serve our country."

Joining the armyy was either something you looked forward to or ran away from for as long as you could.  Everyone started clapping.  After the teacher left the class a girl started crying.  Her boyfriend of 3 years was leaving in a month for 2 years.

-

It was midnight and Jinhye's parents were fast asleep.  She quietly tip-toed down the stairs.

"Where ya going?" A voice from the kitchen was heard.

"Who is it?"! She said quietly but scared.  She ran to the lights and turned them on.

"Who else would it be ?" Jiyong, her brother was sitting on the counter eating a huge bowl of cereal/  He still had his school clothes on.

"You're ending you're night early?" It wasn't normal of her brother to be home so early.  He would usually lie about going to night classes but was always drinking with friends.

"Yeah, tomorrow's a new day, new life since we're moving to the city." He said as he ate his cereal in a very sloppy manner. "And where are you headed? Does mom and dad know of this? Hmmmmm?"

"I'm.. I am.."

"Going to see of Seungho before me move?" He jumped off the counter spilling milk on his shirt, he didn't notice. "Just don't come back to late" He smiled and gave Jinhye a really hard head rub.

"Thanks" She said trying to fix her hair. 

Seungho lived an hour walk from her house, so she took her bike.  She hated her bike, it was old, rusty and made a lot of noise when she rode it.

-

"Pick up your damn phone" She whispered.  She was standing under a light post across the street from his house.

"Yoboseyo?" His voice was coarse and sleepy.

"Hi. Did i wake you?" She asked sheepishly. "Sorry"

"No, it's okay" He coughed and you could hear him shuffle in his blankets. "What's up? Is something wrong?"

"Let's go play~" She said.

"Oh so now you want to play?" He laughed. "Okay, i'll come get you in a bit" He hung up before Jinhye could say anything.

She sat on the ground, waiting.  She didnt wait long, as she saw Seungho run out of his house with his hair a mess.

"Yah!" She shouted.  He stopped and turned around. "Where are you going?"

He laughed hysterically. "Yah, you should of said something !"

--

Jinhye sat behind Seungho as he rode her bike to Han River.  It's been a long time since they've been on a date to Han River.  As the rode there, Jinhye hugged Seungho tightly and he just belted out a scream from the 'pain' she was giving him.  When they finally arrived, there were a lot of other couples and groups of friends sitting around and drinking.  They went to the bridge and stuck their feet out from the sides and sat there beside eachother.

They were both quiet until Jinhye broke the ice.  She pulled out an envelope with Seungho's name on it.

"Here" She said and held it up to his face.

"What?" He grabbed it and started to open it.

"Wait! Open it tomorrow" She smiled.

"Why?????? I wanna open it now~" He whined and pouted his lips.

She just smiled.  Jinhye toook off her necklace and started to look at it.  She held it over the water.

"Don't do that ! You might drop it and it will be forever lost"

"If i dropped it.. "

"If you dropped it you'd never find it again"

"I'll stop loving you when I finally find it" She threw the necklace into the river.

---

 

WOW I AM SO SORRY TO MY LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS.

I FINALLY TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE CHAPTER ONE :)