A day out with the kids

A day out with the kids

“Where're we going?”

Soohyun and Hoon were bringing their kids to the park. They had two kids. One girl, one boy. Jaesun and Hana. Jaesun being the eldest at three and Hana at two.

“Somewhere nice” Hoon smiled and put on Jaesun's little jacket. Jaesun looked down at Hoon's fingers, quickly buttoning up the jacket. Hoon tickled Jaesun under the chin, making him giggle. Hoon straightened up and turned to Soohyun

“Ready?”

Soohyun finished lacing up Hana's little boots and lifted her off the chair.

“Ready”

When the got into the car, Soohyun picked up Hana and placed her into her booster seat, he clicked the seat belt in and kissed her nose. Hoon, on the other hand, was being rejected because Jaesun wanted to put on the seat belt himself. Once everyone was happy, they were on the road. Soohyun looked at them in the mirror. Jaesun managed to pull a button out and was fiddling with it to get it back in. Hana was holding onto her teddy and her thumb. He smiled and placed his hand over Hoon's, which was rested on the gear stick, and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. Hoon turned his hand up and laced his fingers with Soohyun's, giving a gentle squeeze back.

 

Hoon pulled into the car park and and found a spot. Hoon and Soohyun got out and opened the back doors. Once Hoon got the belt off Jaesun, he immediately jumped down and out of the car. Soohyun picked up Hana and set her down. Soohyun reached into the glove compartment and took out two small plastic bags. He gave each of them to Jaesun and Hana.

“We're going to feed the ducks!”

Both of their eyes lit up and looked huge. Jaesun quickly looked around and spotted the pond in the distance.

“DUUCKS!” He shouted and started to run off in pure excitement.

“JAESUN! COME BACK HERE!” Soohyun yelled and ran after him. Hoon looked down at Hana, putting bits of bread into

“Oh! No no honey!” He took her little hand and brushed the crumbs off it “That's for the ducks” She looked a little sad. “C'mon, let's see if Daddy caught Jaesun”

Hoon picked her up and put her on his shoulders. He noticed that Soohyun had managed to catch Jaesun. He was slung over Soohyun's shoulder, kicking and hitting Soohyun's back.

Hoon sighed and walked over to where Soohyun was.

 

Both parents had a watchful eye on their kids as they neared the ducks out of the pond. Jaesun walked carefully over and started to 'quack' at the ducks, believing they understood him. Hana ran to the ducks and with all her might, threw bread at them. She turned around to Soohyun and Hoon and pointed to the ducks, very happy in her achievement of getting the ducks to eat.

“Good girl Hana!” Hoon clapped.

She clapped back quickly in excitement and continued to throw the bread at the ducks.

Jaesun tore bits of bread off a large piece and scattered them onto the grass, watching the ducks eat it up. But he was so concentrated on watching the ducks, that he didn't see a large white one come up to him and bite his hand trying to get at the bread in his hand.

He got such a fright that threw the bread away. He ran up to Soohyun, sobbing as he spoke.

“Daddy that mean duck hurt me!” He raised his hand for Soohyun to inspect the damage. Soohyun took hold of his hand and got down on his hunkers. He looked for any 'injuries''

“That duck was mean!” He kissed the palm of Jaesun's hand “All better?”

Jaesun wiped his eyes “Yeah”

“Aren't you a brave boy! Do you want a hug?”

Jaesun nodded and wrapped his arms around Soohyun's neck tightly. Soohyun held Jaesun tight into him and rubbed his back. Once Jaesun started to let go, Soohyun gave him a kiss on the cheek “Do you want to stay here?”

Jaesun shook his head “I want to feed the ducks again”

“Good boy”

Soohyun stood back up and watched Jaesun, run back to his place, but looking out for that big white duck. This time Hana ran up to them. She held out her bag which was clearly empty.

“Do you have no more bread?!” Hoon playfully gasped.

She looked down looking more sad than when she couldn't eat the bread. Hoon picked her up and placed her on his hip. “I've got another surprise for you!” Her eyes lit up again in wonder. Soohyun took the bag from her and turned to call Jaesun back.

Once every one was back, Soohyun held onto Jaesun's hand “We've got another surprise!”

 

“IT'S A PLAYGROUND!” Jaesun shouted for the second time. He let go of Soohyun's hand but instead of running away again, he was now weary as he saw kids bigger than him run around. So he clung onto Soohyun's leg.

“Ah Jaesun!” Hoon laughed “They're not going to hurt you!” Soohyun gently pried him off his leg.

“C'mon, we'll go to the swings first.”

Jaesun clutched Soohyun's hand tight as he witnessed a boy fall and his friends laughing at him.

“Daddy” He said quietly “I don't like it here...”

“Once you are on the swing, you'll feel better.”

“Okay...”

The kids were slotted into the swings. Jaesun gripped the bar and was furiously kicking his legs.

“Daddy I want to go on the big kids swings!”

Soohyun sighed “Alright then”

“He's going to be fine, Soohyun”

Soohyun took him out and walked over to the 'big kids swings'.

Hoon started to slowly push Hana's swing. She was a little startled at first, taking her thumb suddenly out of . But then as Hoon kept a nice pace she began smiling and laughing making Hoon laugh as well knowing she was happy.

Soohyun was a little afraid of Jaesun falling off even though he was the one pushing the swing at the same pace as Hoon but maybe even a little harder. Jaesun had his hands gripped tightly around the chains of the swing. His knuckles turned white the first time Soohyun started to push. When he eventually got used to the height, he began to kick his legs in and out.

“Higher!” He demanded

So Soohyun pushed a little harder. He looked over at Hoon, still gently pushing still smiling with Hana. He turned his head back to Jaesun with a smile on his face too.

“Jaesun?”

“Yeah?

“Do you want me to let go?”

Jaesun hesitated “Um...yeah!”

So Soohyun slowly pulled away, his hands still ready to catch Jaesun if he fell back. But Jaesun held on. His began getting a little higher each time. Soohyun went around to the front of the swing

“Daddy how come we don't have a swing at home?”

Soohyun actually asked himself the same question. He was a little afraid of his children getting hurt but then again he wanted them to know what a scab and a bruise was like.

“Do you want me to get one?”

“YEAH!”

“Or do you want to build one with me?”

“YEAH! I want a tire swing!”

Soohyun smiled. He turned to look at Hoon, who was taking Hana out of the swing.

“Is she okay?” Called Soohyun.

“Yeah, she's just feels a little tired”

Hoon set Hana down and they walked to Soohyun, Hoon holding her little hand. She watched Jaesun in amazement that her brother could swing so high without help.

Hoon whispered to Soohyun “I saw an ice-cream truck a little further down, will I go get some ice-cream?”

Soohyun nodded.

Hoon let go of Hana and knelt down in front of her “Sweety, I have got one last little surprise for you and Jaesun” He adjusted her jacket as it was a little bunched up. He tucked her hair behind her ear and stood up.

“I'll just get the vanilla flavored ones. Do you want one?”

Soohyun nodded “Sure why not?”

 

Hoon came back with four ice-creams, slowly dripping in his hands. He was trying to walk and off the drips that were sliding down his fingers.

“Hoon!” Soohyun shouted and waved a hand to signal where they were. They found a table bench not far from the swings. Hoon quickly walked over and distributed out the ice-creams. The kids immediately started to their own.

“It was busy!”

“Oh?”

But just as Hoon sat into the bench, their was the sound of crying. Jaesun had dropped his ice-cream.

“Oh no Jaesun!” Hoon gasped “Here, have my ice-cream”

Jaesun sobbed and wiped his eyes. He took the ice-cream from Hoon and wiped his eyes again.

“Say thank you” Soohyun rubbed Jaesun's back and wiped the excess cream around his mouth.

“Thank you!”

Hoon smiled “You're welcome”

“Are we going home after this?” Asked Soohyun

“I think so, Hana is actually getting pretty tired.”

Once all had finished their ice-creams, Hana got off the bench and went around to Soohyun. She held her arms out. Soohyun knew what she wanted and lifted her up and placed her on his lap. She leaned against him and shut her eyes.

“I think it's time to go”

Hoon slid out of the benched and put Jaesun on his back. Soohyun had Hana resting her head on his shoulder, her thumb in . They reached the car and Hoon bent down so Jaesun could get off his back and hop into the car. Soohyun carefully placed Hana into her booster seat and clicked the belt in. Hoon did the same “Did you have fun today?” Jaesun nodded, wiping his eyes, this time feeling a little tired as well.

Soohyun and Hoon got into the front and they drove off. Soohyun looked back at them in the mirror. Hana asleep her thumb and Jaesun slowly nodding off. He looked over to Hoon

“I love you so much” Kissing his cheek.

Hoon didn't just want a kiss on the cheek so he turned his head and kissed Soohyun's lips “I love you so much too”