Office and Officer

A Bloodied Uniform

Kai's P.O.V 

When my father still alive, he always told me that every day is a gift. That's why we should be thankful and be happy every day. Since then being thankful is a habit for me. I'm a heavy sleeper and an early riser, every morning I spent my time at my apartment veranda and think about things I should be thankful and appreciate. Now every morning I wake up, I always think that how lucky I am to have Suzy.....

As my assistant.

She's not my girlfriend... Yet. I often throw some jokes and flirt with her slightly but she doesn't seem interested in me that way. I will never give up on her, I know she'll love me back someday all I need is patience and more effort. It's been a month since she works for me. She's a very good companion and we discussed about many things, she's very smart and knowledgeable. I took a bath and watch TV, there's news about a high school student that killed in a classroom. When I switched channel I realized that news sounds familiar but I don't know... Maybe it's just my feelings. I took my hoodie and laptop, and then went out my apartment. I drove to Suzy's home slowly. I arrived at the front of apartment, I texted her to come down quick. A few minutes later she walked out from her apartment building, her hair flows with the relaxing morning breeze.

 

"Good morning Suzy..." I greeted her when she sitting down beside me.

 

"Morning Kai." She smiled while wearing her seatbelt. I started the engine and drove the car smoothly.

 

"You don't use your seatbelt again. Is it really hard wearing it?" She sighed.

 

"I don't like my movement being restricted. I'm a dancer, a dancer moves must be free and flexible." I told her.

 

"You dance?" She turned her head to me, her eyes sparkled with interest.

 

"I could do ballet, jazz, hiphop etc." I grinned to her.

 

"That's cool. But still, you're not dancing right now Mr.Ballerina, you're driving." She rolled her eyes.

 

"Ballerina is for a girl. I'm still manly." I snorted.

 

"Put on your seatbelt." She pointed at the seatbelt beside my shoulder.

 

"No. Way." I always hate safety belt. It makes my stomach hurt, I have a very delicate stomach.

 

"Why you gotta be so stubborn today? Whatever. At least I've told you." She rolled her eyes and frowned. She always looked so cute when she annoyed.

 

I got an idea. "Okay, I will use it if you put it on for me." I winked at her.

 

"Kai this is for your own safety." She folded her arms in front of her body while trying to look serious.

 

"Don't you care about me and my safety?" I frowned.

 

"I do but-"

 

"I knew it! You care for me." At least she concerned about me.

 

"It's not like that! You're like... Like... Oh! A brother for me." She replied.

 

Brother? Brother?! Hell no! "Really? Does your brother flirt with you?" 

 

"Ew! I don't have brother and if I had any I bet he wouldn't be flirty like you! Besides flirting with my own brother sounds disgusting." She hit my arms.

 

I looked at her and kept driving with my head still turned to her. She seemed panic but I don't care. "Won't you help me wear the seatbelt?" I smirked.

 

"Kai focus on the road!" She said half-screamed.

 

"The seatbelt first." I shook my head. 

 

"Oh I can't believe I'm doing this." Finally she took the seatbelt and put on the seatbelt.

 

"Me either." I grinned to myself. 

 

We arrived at our usual coffee shop, I told Suzy to buy some coffee and sandwich for my breakfast. She went back and gave all the things I ordered. I opened my laptop and ate my breakfast. After finished eating, I continued writing my novel. This is our routines, we sit in a cafe or I would dragged her into  a mall and told her that this is for the sale of finding inspiration. We would have lunch or watch movie if I succeed convinced her. I looked at her who sat beside me, she read one of my book. I smirked and continue admiring her. I always do this when I'm bored or runs out of ideas, I stop writing and start staring at her.

 

She sighed softly and drank her tea. "What are you looking at?" She closed her book.

 

"You." I answered.

 

"Do I have something on my face?" She touched her cheek.

 

Yeah, a perfect pair of mesmerizing eyes, perfect straight nose, soft looking lips."Nothing."

 

"When will you finish writing?" She leaned her body to the chair arm.

 

"I don't know, I'm trying to find inspiration." I kept staring at her.

 

"Yah! Don't look at me like that." 

 

"Why?" I held my chuckle. She's so cute.

 

"It's make me feel awkward." She turned her head and face palmed.

 

"Hey I'm trying to find some inspiration! Don't cover your face!"

 

"No. Find it somewhere else." She refused to see me and kept her hands on her face. I tried to move her hands from her face then suddenly someone called me.

 

"Kai?" A deep voice came from behind me. I turned my head to see a very tall guy.

 

"Oh hi Kris... How are you?" I smiled at him, he's my friend. An Exo member too.

 

"I'm fine, and who is this lady?" He nodded while smiling back at me.

 

"She's Suzy. My Girlfriend." I hugged one of Suzy's arm and rested my head at her shoulder. She blushed then I smirked to Kris.

 

Suzy tried to free her arm and pushed my head softly. "No! I'm his assistant."

 

"Don't worry... I knew that you're not with him, Kai never had a girlfriend." Kris chuckled.

 

"Really? He never had a girl?" Her eyes widened and she looked at me.

 

"Yeah... He always reject every girl who confessed and never being tied down by any relationship. So I assume you're single?"

 

"Uh- I'm Single." Suzy smiled awkwardly and Kris started to flirt with her. He’s getting comfortable and sat opposite Suzy place.

 

 "Suzy I got an idea!" I turned off and closed my laptop.

 

"What?" She stopped talking with Kris.

 

"Let's go somewhere else so I could get inspiration, I need something fresh. Is that fine with you Kris?" I lifted one of my eyebrow.

 

"Yeah sure... I gotta go too. By the way here's my name card, call me." Kris winked at her.

 

She blushed lightly. "Alright, thanks." When Kris finally go away, I took the name card from Suzy's hand and put it in my pants pocket.

 

"Hey! Why did you take it?" She stared at my pocket.

 

"You won't need it." I shrugged.

 

"How do you know I wouldn't need it?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"I just know." I smirked and took my laptop with me.

 

We walked to my car.  "Anyway where are we going?" She asked curiously.

 

"My office." I said unsure.

 

"Really? I thought you don't have an office." She nodded slowly.

 


Suzy's P.O.V

 

I have worked for Kai about a month but I never go to his office. We arrived at some big building, but this building didn't seem like an office it's more like an elite apartment. We took the lift together, when I arrived at the 14th floor there's many door, we stopped at door 1410 then he took his key. So this is really an apartment not an office.

 

"We're here." He opened his apartment door.

 

"I thought we are going to your office Kai." This is the first time I went to a guy home.

 

"My office is inside, come in." He shrugged again casually.

 

We entered his home. We stopped in front of a door. He held the door knob and looked at me. "Ready?" 

 

He opened the door and..... The rooms seemed normal, large bookcases, a desk and big windows. "This is your office?" 

 

"Yup!" He smiled innocently.

 

I slightly frowned at him. "Kai this is a study room." 

 

"Yes, a study room slash mini-office. It's more like my writing workshop though." He nodded and sat on his desk. "I will write now." He continued talking and took his laptop out.

 

"Now what should I do?" I asked him and leaned to the door frame.

 

"I haven't think of it Miss Assistant..." He slapped his forehead. "Oh you could clean my apartment and cook something for me." He said happily.

 

I sighed heavily. "So now I'm also an assistant slash maid?" He just looked at me and nodded. Before I could protest he plugged in his earbuds and opened his laptop.

 

"I don't have any choice though... I will cook and clean the room now." I slammed his office door.

 

His apartment was not really messy so there's nothing much to do. After I finished cleaning and I walked to his kitchen but something caught my eyes. There's some photos framed beautifully on a drawer near his TV. It's a picture about Kai and maybe his father, they looked alike. They looked very happy but there's none of photo with Kai mother in it. Maybe her mother died when she delivered her birth for Kai... Or...

Ah, I shouldn't be thinking about this. I arrived at the kitchen and start working. When I start to cook, there's a faint knock on the front door. Kai got out from his office and opened the door. He walked to the living room with a tall looking guy with dark hair and cute big ears. I decided to stop cutting meats and vegetables to make some tea. I put the tea on the tray and took a jar of cookies. I headed to the living room. Then I heard they talked about something.

 

"We really need you to come Kai, this case is really similar with what you've wrote." The tall guy said.

 

"I can't believe this Hyung... I wrote that book last year. This case suspects even more than suspects that I wrote in my book. This is not going to be easy." Kai slumped on the couch and sighed lazily.

 

I cleared my throat and walked into the living room. The guy who sat on the sofa with Kai wore a policeman attire. "You must be Suzy. I'm Park Chanyeol." He smiled widely.

 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Bae Suzy." I placed the tea on the coffee table and shook his hand.

 

"You're very beautiful, Kai told me a lot about you." Chanyeol said with his trademark wide smile on his lips.

 

"Hyung please..." Kai shook his head. "This police officer here is my friend, Suzy." Kai explained.

 

He grinned to Kai. "Kai... She's very beautiful, isn't she?" Chanyeol nudged Kai playfully.

 

"Yes." Kai replied without thinking. "Suzy you should cook faster after eating we will go to Seoul police department." Kai continued.

 

What the...? A police department? "Wait. What happen? Why should we go there?" 

 

"To put it short, they need my genius brain." Kai massaged his nose bridge. "Hyung let's talk about this in my office." Kai got up from his sofa. Chanyeol took a sip from his tea and followed Kai.

 

"Don't worry, I'll explain it later. Now just cook, alright?" Kai tried to ruffle my hair but caught his hand first. I frowned and walked back to the kitchen. What actually happened? 

 


 

#Author's Note : English is not my first language and my grammar is kinda' bad. I know the conversation were too much, and this chapter is not edited by the Co-Author yet. Anyway, enjoy reading :)