One

Tuesdays with a Stranger

 I grab my hot chocolate and some toast from the dining table and went back to my room.  There’s barely an hour for me to finish my homework and I haven’t even showered yet.

I sprinted my way back to my room just in time to set my alarm off. Ugh, what’s the use of this piece of metal anyway?  My teacher is going to kill me if I don’t make it in time AGAIN.

I sat down in front of my desk and fished out my math book from my bag. It’s page 104 if I’m not mistaken. I was munching on my hot toast as I answer my math homework.

This is how my breakfast works every day—well at least during weekdays. I’m not really fond of working my eyeballs out late at night trying to finish all my home works so I always end up doing it early in the morning except it isn’t exactly early. Twenty minutes before seven, I’m supposed to enter the bathroom and be dressed as fast as I could.

 

 

Today wasn’t exactly how I pictured it to be. It’s Tuesday. Nothing can ever ruin my Tuesday. The only day of the week I’ve been waiting for but heck I can’t always have it my way.

 

After stuffing all my books inside my backpack I went downstairs to the living room where my parents always leave my allowance under the newspaper on the coffee table. I sprinted the five minute walk from home to my school just in time before the guards even close the humungous gates separating the school from the rest of the world.

 

“Tomorrow, I expect all of you to be prepared for a chapter test.”  As she walk out of the room you’ll hear the roar of students that signals the end of the day.

 

Aren’t the teachers aware that we have our own lives too besides school? It’s becoming their hobby to dump all school works at ones.

 

“Hye Rin!” I turned around only to find Tara wearing her usual annoyed face.

 

I continued walking pretending not to notice her. And since I’m already meters away from her, she had to speed walk her way in able for her to catch up since running isn’t allowed on school grounds which totally .

 

“You didn’t submit your paper, AGAIN.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I know. I’ll email it to you later. Bye!” oh sweet Tara, my ever loving best friend. I would like to annoy her more but I gotta go! Today’s a Tuesday!

 

I tossed my bag on the floor beside my desk and my mp3 player. It would have been any other weekday with me tossing my things on the floor and gluing my eyes on the book that I’m currently reading while listening to some of my favourite songs like Trouble Maker and eating my Cheetos. Talk about multitasking!

 

See, I’m this productive!

 

At seven o’clock my phone started buzzing, signalling my alarm. And this is when thing get exciting!

 

I would toss my book back to its drawer and turn off everything that would create a sound including my beloved mp3 player.

 

Moments later I heard soft and gentle strums then followed by a deep soothing voice that tickles me from the inside and sends butterflies to my stomach.

 

 

That very same voice that sings every Tuesday.

 

Subconsciously I started swaying side by side with closed eyes while humming the familiar song. And before I knew it, I was singing the song, missing out most of the lyrics but who cares? The song was perfect—well except for my horrible singing of course.

 

It was always worth the wait. It’s more than a stress reliever for me. It was more like a permanent routine. How would me week be completed if I didn’t get the chance to hear his voice?

 

I can say that it was some kind of addiction. Crazy isn’t it?

 

Being addicted to some stranger’s voice? HA!

 

He usually sings two to three songs. It would be lucky if he sings four.

 

 

Many times I’ll look out the window hopping to see the owner of the deep voice with his guitar in hand but heck; I could only see a white apartment with closed curtains across the road.

 

I can’t remember  the last time that white apartment was last empty and I hope it won’t be soon.

 

 

*

 

 

I was disturbed from my deep slumber by a text message from Tara.

 

“I forgot to email her my paper!” I almost screamed.

 

I pulled my covers and my computer only to find myself staring at a blank page of Microsoft Word with a blinking cursor waiting for me to lay my finger on the keyboard. I tried typing words but it only ends up being deleted all over again.

 

The rest of the day would almost be the same except it wasn’t Tuesday anymore so I have to stick with my books and mp3 player.

 

 

*

 

I closed my biology book and dump my forehead on top of my desk.

 

I can’t believe they’re making us study all these in one day! I swear my head’s going to burst if I read another word.

 

I checked the time and it’s almost seven o’clock.

 

At least I still have something to look forward to before this Tuesday ends. This is always the best pat of the week.

 

I open my curtains and sat behind my gigantic windows.

 

 Ooh.. this time I’m going to record it. I can already imagine myself playing it on repeat while studying, reading, showering and even before I sleep.

 

 

 

 

I prepared my phone in hand as I wait for the strums of the guitar that never came.

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Tara accompanied me on my way home since I agreed to help her out with our group project for next week. Never did I imagine this day coming. I was actually doing my school works for once!

 

“I already bought some glue sticks yesterday. Do you want do design the project or do the research?” she asked me.

 

“uhh.. none of the above?” I said while raising my eyebrows.

 

She gave me one of her famous death glares before she attacked me with her rolled cardboard in hand.

 

“Isn’t that the apartment where the Tuesday guy lives?” Tara pointed at the white house opposite ours.

 

I nodded in agreement as I reminisce on his deep soothing voice playing on my mind. Newsflash, he stopped playing a long time ago. It has been exactly three month now since I last heard his voice. I should be getting used to it by now but how could I?

 

I still wait for Tuesdays, set my seven o’clock alarm on and wait behind my window until I’m too sleepy to sit up straight.

 

 

“It looks pretty empty to me.”

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

WOAH.

 

I can’t believe we actually made it to their concert.

 

Tara handed me my light stick. I didn’t know she was into concerts before. I thought she was all brains and books.

 

She influenced into this thing. I was fond of listening to music but not fangirling over some hot guys like EXO. It was fun. Me and Tara bonded more often and because of that my grades unexpectedly hiked up.

 

Talk about influence.

 

 

We were yelling and jumping while singing to the songs trying to mimic their dance moves with so little space to move around because the place was totally packed!

 

The concert lasted for a few hours. Oh, how I wish I was in the front row! Can you believe ticket were almost sold out weeks from its release?!

 

It’s insane.

 

 

“Thank you all for coming! To be honest, we didn’t really expect the place to be this packed since we just debuted a few months ago so we really appreciate it. Kamsahapnida!” Suho said while bowing repeatedly.

 

Oh, how cute!

 

They were all waving and bowing to the crowd until Chanyeol snatched up all the attention by making weird noises with his microphone. He flashed his wide grin to the audience who’s focused is turned all to him.

 

Hmm. I bet he did that on purpose!

 

 

He whispered something to Kris who is beside him before speaking.

 

“uhm. Hello everyone!” he said while waving both hands. “Thank you guys so much for being here today. I would also like to thank the reason behind the Happy Virus standing in front of you today.” As if on cue, Kris handed him his guitar.

 

So it’s true that he plays guitars?

 

Hmm.. this will surely be interesting since this will be the first time he’s singing. Oh great a bonus for my hard earned concert tickets!