Final

To The Annoying You

 

 

 

 

KIM MYUNG SOO'S ROMANCE

 

 

The 12th of April, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

You seriously should realize how angry I got when you threw the clout into my lunch box. I didn’t even have any spoon of rice just owing to you. You tried to defend yourself by saying that your target was Jieun instead of me. Fool, you really thought I could trust your words that easily?

 

You stupid liar!

 

I’m intelligent enough to understand that you wanted to take a revenge on me because I had accidently made the basketball hit your short forehead, but to be honest, that was your fault, too, to pass by without notice. I admit I was wrong in front of you and even took you to the bureau of public health.

How come did you nurse your grudge against me that long, Sueji?

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 16th of April, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

Not a joke at all, I do think between us is no other than an everlasting hatred! I hated it when you just ruined the romance between me and Naeun. I was about to confess my feelings towards her but ended up getting totally wet because you dropped the bucket of water from the second floor. To be frank, I just wanted to eat you up.

I had repaired even a long list of beautiful things to confess in front of Naeun but everything ended sooner than I expected.

 

But what made me furious the most was your explaination ‘I didn’t mean to do that. Sorry.’ I think punishing you has become an urgent task! I’m getting crazy! Your appearance is really my life’s bad luck.

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 5th of May, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I reckoned my life wass on rocks when Mrs. Hwang informed that you and I would be duo in the following Chemistry experiment. There are two reasons why I’m flying into a rage. The first one is that, my hate to you is available as always and I’ve never stopped having my blood up whenever I see you. The other one is that, you’re known as the clumsiest of our class; I’m so sure you will cause more than one trouble.

 

Yah you! Did I owe you in a previous incarnation? It must have been a very huge debt, or perhaps, we used to have a cruel loveline so that I’m now being haunted by you in this life.

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 8th of May, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I knew it! I knew you would cause troubles. You broke four test-tubes and dropped the pure acid, leaving a big hole on Ahreum’s dress. You said that you wanted to take a revenge on her for stalking me. But I didn’t even get happy because you did that. The result was that we had to get the punishment from Mrs. Hwang, which was cleaning laboratory until 6PM.

 

Why did I have to do that when I even didn’t do any wrong? Why did I have to clean that pigsty instead of watching my favorite football match and having popcorn at home?

 

Why? Why? WHY?

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 10th of June, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I thought I could enjoy the peace now when the summer vacation finally has come, but you don’t seem to have any plan to leave me alone.

On a beautiful Sunday like this, instead of having cupcakes with coffee at a confortable shop, I met you and your mess!

 

I didn’t know what had happened before but you cried like a fool when Xi Luhan left you behind without any guilty. It must have been that you got dumped by him. I knew that I should have been happy as my hate to you doesn’t have any way to be shortened.

But, damn it! I think I was out of my mind to follow you and try to console the lovelorn you. You even rested your face on my shoulder and kept crying for one hour so that my collar got filled in your snot. Really, I bought that T-shirt with all my savings and that was my first time wearing it.

 

Bae Sueji, you’re obviously ruining my life!

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 11th of June, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

Mwoya? You sent a cake to my house, which was damn big and damn tasteless, with a little note saying it was from you to only me. I wasn’t able to swallow any piece. The cream was sticky and bitter; and the bread was hard enough to break your bull head.

 

‘A special present from me to only you. Thank you, Myunggie. Eat well.’

 

You call it a present? Seriously, a present?

 

Anyways, my detestation to you is not as serious as it was. Nevertheless, I still dislike you.

 

YOU.ARE.ANNOYING!

 

 

***

 

 

The 20th of June, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I never was able to imagine there could be something like THIS.

 

My parents and yours used to be good schoolmates? Oh my Jesus, what are you planning to do?

 

My face dropped to the floor immediately when I saw you who were still grinning widely. Your brother, Sangmoon to be exact, he’s so endearing and thoughtful. How can you be his sister? There really is an infinite difference between you two.

 

Today was the first time I’d seen your childhood photos. I said that those were so sidesplitting and ridiculous, but my real reaction was like, you looked so adorable, Sueji-ah.

I like how you enjoyed eating ice-cream even when it was snowing outside. I like how you just ate the banana without breaking it into half. I like how you loved play with your curls of hair and never notice if they got messy.

Is it possible that… I’m in love with you?

 

I’m not. I’m sure I’m not. I’m ing sure I’m not!

 

 

***

 

 

The first of July, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I woke up and realized everyone, Mom, Dad and my noone, was like to be repairing for a trip. At the moment Mom told me to get dressed and announced that we were going on a vacation with your family, I knew that was the end for my serene summer.

 

Opposite to my dull face, you were totally delighted. What bothered me was your weird fashion; I never knew long tartan dress with converse was for a beach vacation.

 

I know you’re odd as always, and you’re never beautiful, but damn it, I couldn’t take my eyes out off you. Really!

 

I hate you! I’ve hated you so bad! And I should just keep hating you until I cannot breathe! That was all in my mind during the journey.

I hated and liked that feeling at the same time. Your arm pressed too close against mine, that I reckoned no molecular could pass through. My ears got hotter and hotter, but you still acted care-free. You didn’t consider me a real man, did you?

 

 

In any case, I couldn’t admit that I always got stunned when you smiled.

 

 

I love the way you laughed out so loudly, running along the shore, spreading your arms widely to embrace the wind.

I love the way you smiled shyly when a watermelon seed was left on your corner of lips and Sangmoon teased that was another mole apart from the one on your wrist.

I love the way you giggled in happiness when you found a beautiful shell in the sand. You even put it in my pants pocket and said that was a present for my nineteenth birthday.

I love the way you chuckled mischievously with a duck pout when got teased by me that your stomach was getting bigger and bigger like a pregnant woman.

I love how you roared with laughter, trying to jump onto my back and wrestle me to the sand.

 

 

I don’t think I’m falling for you…

 

But I’m sure I am.

 

 

***

 

 

The second of July, 2010.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

You pest, look what you have made me become. I cannot stop thinking of you for any single second. When I eat, drink, watch TV, read books, listen to radio, and even when I close my eyes, your face still keeps appearing in front of me.

 

I’m getting angry, really. I snapped the phone, pressing your number, but then ended up throwing it into the drawer, and I kept doing it again and again all day long.

 

I’m not myself anymore. The only thing I can be is something I don’t wanna be; I don’t understand me anymore. I decided to give you a call.

 

‘Myunggie?’ I’ve missed your voice like insane. You’re always shouting in the phone, but I cannot bear not listening to it during twenty-four hours.

 

‘Let’s meet. 8PM. At the park opposite to your house. Don’t be late.’ I try my best to keep my voice husky and smooth. My fingers are holding the hem tightly.

 

‘Call!’ I smile in gladness when you gave me your yes.

 

My whole body fell to the mattres, rolling around like a nut. I really don’t know who I am now, but I eve do not care about it anymore.

 

I just know that I’m in love; and anyone in love will definitely act the same with me.

 

 

I’m going mad because of you, and it’s you who stamped out my happiness.

 

 

From: Sueji

To: Myungsoo

Myungsoo-ah, I’m sorry. Luhan-oppa said that he wanted us to meet. I think he wants to make up with me. I’ll buy you latte next time.

 

I sigh, which is the only thing I can do after reading your text. Sueji, you’re really too much!

 

 

 

From: Myungsoo

To: Sueji

Then let’s meet at 9PM. I’ll be waiting until you reach home.

 

 

From: Sueji

To: Myungsoo

I’d rather you didn’t wait, Myungsoo-ah.

 

 

Officially, I hate you again, Sueji, like poison.

 

Nevertheless, my heart still keeps doing what it wants, ignoring how matter it will get hurt. Stupidly, I go to the park in front of your house as what I said to you.

 

 

I’m sitting on the swing, can’t help standing up and then sitting down, going back and forth constantly. My eyes, naturally, can’t stop checking around if you’re home already.

 

Ten minutes.

 

Thirty minutes.

 

Sixty minutes.

 

I get the shivers with cold. I realize how cold the night is without you. But when I think that we will meet in a while, I feel I really am having a reason for waiting.

 

Ninety minutes.

 

One hundred minutes.

 

 

What's with you, this rock-head girl? It’s over 10 PM now. How a 18-year-old chick can be out that late with her boyfriend?

 

 

I shot up from the swing, just like a rocket, when I see you wandering from afar.

 

 

I approach you slowly, and you always look like a dull-headed when surprised.

 

‘Mwoya? Do you know what time it is now?’ I lengthen my voice.

 

‘Yah, don’t tell me that—’

 

‘Right, I’ve waited for two hours.’

 

‘Are you stupid? How could you? In this weather—’

 

 

‘I said I would wait so I’ve waited. Did you guys decide to restart the relationship? You and Luhan.’ I make imaginary circles on the ground with my right toebox. When I do that, I hope for a “no” from the person I’m talking with.

 

‘No.’ What Sueji has just said is exactly what I want her to say. ‘He wants us to be a couple again, but I turned him down.’

 

‘The reason is?’

 

‘Luhan-oppa is too different from what I expected. I thought he was so sweet but he actually isn’t. I found my strength and I have no reason to cling onto him.’

 

 

My heartbeats are becoming more and more rapid, so I don’t have any feelings that I’m breathing.

 

I— I will confess everything here. Now.

 

 

 

‘Sueji-ah. Can I chase you?’

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

We meet our soulmates when we least expect them. Once destiny happens, you have no choice but to run like nuts to catch your own happiness. Meeting Sueji is a bittersweet incident to me; she gives me the smiles and annoyance at the same time, and I’ve got no choice but to love her.

 

My feelings towards her are natural just like how the Earth goes around the Sun.

 

 

No matter where she ends up and where she hides from me, I will come find her and take care of her for the rest of my life. That’s my very first honour pledge.

 

 

 

Sueji, can I become your boyfriend?

[ ] YES.

[ ] NO.

 

 

 

[x] YES.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The rest of my life.

 

 

To the annoying Sueji.

 

 

I LOVE YOU.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Be happy!

 

 

:)

 

 

 

Feedback, please.