#2; A surprising invitation.

The Unexpected.

Chanyeol to Dohee and Mint:

"Seems like someone's got a new phone huh? Did you pay for it? Oh wait, I forgot. You can't even afford to get one.." Chanyeol teased Mint.

"Dude, please. Are you jealous you can't get one? Pft. If you've got a problem with her, don't insult her. Insult me instead." Dohee daringly replied.

"Oooooh, someone's trying to be brave here!" Chanyeol said and the other 11 members of the gang who stood behind him laughed along.

"That's not called 'being brave', it's called standing up for your bestfriend, dumb." Dohee replied.

"HAHAHA whatever, and I'm not dumb, dumb. You guys better get out of here before we do something you've never thought we'd actually do," Chanyeol threathened them.

"What?" Dohee and Mint questioned.

"Just.get.out." Chanyeol said the words one by one.

"Nope. This mall isn't your property and everyone has the right to be here. Mint, lets' go. I'll tell you where we're going to later," Dohee spoke her opinions out to Chanyeol as she grabbed her bag and dragged Mint along with her.

"Pft, cowards." Chanyeol muttered, loud enough for Dohee to hear.

Dohee walked off and ignored what Chanyeol had muttered out because it didn't really matter to her if they were called 'cowards'. Chanyeol is a coward but obviously, he does not realise it.

 

While Mint and Dohee waited for the lift:

"Where are we going? Oh and that was so unlikely of you to be so cool. I'm proud of my bestfriend," Mint said.

"We're going to the rooftop garden upstairs. By the way, I know I looked cool. Just kidding. Thanks," Dohee answered.

"Welcome! Oh, the lift's here, quick!" Mint said as she headed for the lift.

Mint pressed the button on the lift which says 'rooftop garden'. As soon as the lift reached to the level where the rooftop garden was, Mint and Dohee stepped out of the lift and was glad to find that the place was not filled with many people. 

 

After they had found a spot to seat:

"I'm glad it's pretty fresh down here. Do you mind to stay here while I go to the washroom?" Dohee asked Mint as she put her bag down.

"Aw, I don't wanna be left alone here, and I need the washroom and it's pretty urgent," Mint answered.

"Alright. What about our bags?" Dohee asked.

"We can just leave it, since we'll be quick," Mint assured her.

"Alright, let's go," Dohee said as she went towards the direction of the toilet.

Dohee had left her mobile phone in her bag and she's not aware. What's going to happen?

 

While they were heading for the toilet,  EXO passed by them and they had stopped to say something. 

They had pretty big mouths.

 

Chanyeol to Dohee:

"I told you to get out of here, didn't I?" Chanyeol said sternly.

"Never. Sorry, got to go," Dohee answered as she walked to the toilet and had purposely bumped into Chanyeol's shoulder.

 

EXO had probably turned speechless by seeing how daring Dohee was. She was not that girlish kind afterall.

EXO, entered the rooftop garden as a whole, when Baekhyun, spotted Mint's and Dohee's bags. 

 

Baekhyun to EXO: 

"Guys, isn't that their bags?" Baekhyun said as he pointed his fingers to where Dohee's and Mint's bag were.

Each of them looked at each other and they seemed like they wanted to ransack their bags.

Except Kai, who stood still, and couldn't seem to bring himself to do what the others were planning to.

 

Kai to EXO:

"I don't think this is what we should do, I mean, don't you pity her?" Kai asked.

"Her? You mean Dohee and that friend of hers? Dude, what's gotten into you? I thought you've always loved to bully them?" Luhan questioned. 

"Not this time. Or maybe, not anymore, I think.... I've fallen for her and her charms." Kai announced shyly.

"Are you kidding us?" The other 11 members asked in sync.

"Nah, you guys better be nice to her. If not, I can swear to you, you're DEAD." Kai warned the others firmly.

 

The remaining EXO members excluding Kai nodded their heads in agreement and decided to leave the garden before the situation gets messy. Strangely, when Kai told them he had feelings for Dohee, Chanyeol looked like he was jealous and didn't want Dohee to be Kai's girl.

Could it be that Chanyeol has feelings for Dohee too?

After they left, Dohee and Mint came back from the toilet and was glad when they found out that none of their belongings were missing.

Dohee took a seat when her phone started ringing. Her mum was calling. She looked at her watch and realised that it was already 5.30p.m.. Dohee's mother had always forbidded her to come back before 6p.m..

"Shoot," Dohee said before she answered the phone call.

 

Dohee's conversation with her mum:

"Hey, mum," Dohee started the conversation and tried to remain as calm as possible.

"Hey, Dohee. Where are you now?" Dohee's mum asked.

"I'm at the mall nearby our school, and we're err, having lunch." lied Dohee.

"Alright. Remember to come home before six. Love you and please take care," Her mum reminded Dohee before she hunged up. 

 

Dohee to Mint:

"Babe, sorry I've got to go. Mum wants me to be home before 6p.m.. You do know how to go home from here right? I'm sorry I can't accompany you home today. See you in school on Monday!" Dohee apologised for leaving her bestfriend all alone before hooking her bag to one side of her shoulder.

Mint waved her bestfriend goodbye.

It was kind of sad that Dohee couldn't accompany Mint back home like how she does it everyday without fail.

Dohee took a taxi back home since to her, she feels that it's faster and much more convienient compared to taking public transports. She paid the fees with the balance she had left after purchasing Mint's brand new mobile phone.

She procceeded to the lift lobby after the taxi dropped her off at the carpark and pressed the button to call for the lift. She entered the lift and pressed level 5. When the lift reached level 5, she got out of the lift and took out her keys from her pocket.

When Dohee got home:

"Mum, I'm home!" Dohee shouted as she unlocked the main corridor.

"Oh! How was school?" Her mum asked as she walked to Dohee who was at the balcony, arranging her shoes at the shelf neatly.

"Great, I guess? Did you spend the whole day in the kitchen?" Dohee asked.

"Not really," her Mum answered.

"Okay. I'm going to take a bath and go to sleep straight. I'm still full from lunch," lied Dohee. She was too tired to entertain late night talks with her Mum.

Dohee went on to her bedroom and prepared the shower. She grabbed her towel from where she had left it early this morning. She took a short yet refreshing shower as she did not want to waste time. She wanted to get some rest. It's the weekends tomorrow, anyway, so she could wake up later than usual.

Dohee wiped herself dry and then put on her comfortable pyjamas with bear prints all over. She lay on her bed and slowly started to fall asleep.

Nothing pretty much happened during Dohee's weekend. She went about the usual thing; eat, play, teets, and then she goes to sleep.

It passed by so fast that she didn't even realise it was already a Sunday night.

Dohee's P.O.V:

"Damn... School's tomorrow.... I'd better take an early nap, and who gives a damn about homeworks. I'm tired. I'm off to sleep."

The next day;

Monday, 2 September 2013. 

Dohee went about her usual routine before going to see Mint who awaited below her apartment every morning. They did they same thing; had small conversations as they walked to school. Just that, this time round, they did not have breakfast in the school canteen, which didn't really matter to Dohee as well as Mint.

Surprisingly to Dohee and Mint, EXO is already smiling at them early in the morning, probably because of Kai's warning which Dohee and Mint is unaware of. 

As Dohee sat at her usual spot during assembly at the amphitheatre, she received a small note. She opened it up and it says, "Wanna go for a date? - Yeollie :3"

Dohee was so suprised she was actually speechless. Didn't Chanyeol have something against her?

Dohee's P.O.V:

"How do I respond to this....."

Wondering why it is Chanyeol who asked Dohee out for a date instead of Kai?

Wait for the next chapter to be uploaded!