Broken

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind violently blows my hair in all different directions. My mascara runs down my face with my tears. The clouds in the sky match my mood perfectly. Betrayed, hurt…broken. How could he do this to me? My live had been perfect. Everything I’d wanted had been at the tips of my fingers. And then he let it all come hurdling down. I thought he loved me. Why hadn’t I been enough?

         As I look out over the crashing waves of the ocean under the dark, cloudy sky, flashes of the morning pass over my vision.

        

I woke up and was happier than ever; it was less than a month of school left. I met up with my friend and walked into the classroom. As I set my books down on the desk, I turn my head, my eyes instinctively looking for him; my boyfriend for two years, and froze.

         Jong wasn’t paying any attention to me. All of his attention was fully focused on the new girl. Minzy. I watched as she basically slid into his lap and began playing with the zipper of his jacket. He made no move to stop her, on the contrary, he seemed happy as well. All his friends began to nudge him and give him lopsided smiles, I only stared at him with an expressionless face. I couldn’t take it when she began to move her face closer and closer to his.

         I slammed my chair into my desk and stormed over to the pair, all eyes now on me.  I grabbed Minzy by her hair and threw her into the wall. She squealed in shock and hid behind Jong. I stared down at Jong, hurt, anger, and disbelief clear in my eyes. Jong looked back at me, with both guilt and sorrow painted on his face.

         “Sooyoung,” he began, but I harshly cut him off.

         “Don’t,” I snapped. “Don’t talk to me, Jong. We are over”

I resisted to urge to start crying, and slapped him across the face. Everyone in the room including Minzy, was staring at me with wide eyes. I rarely lost my temper with anyone. I turned my heel and walked to the door, refusing to look back at him.

         “Where do you think your going?” the teacher asked me as he walked into the room.

         “No where,” I replied as I walked back to my desk. An awkward silence drifted through the room.

The teacher cleared his throat and told the class to read chapter 9.  I stared down at my textbook, fighting off my tears. I couldn’t help, and didn’t have the strength to keep in the one that slowly dripped down my face, on to the pages. The one crystal clear tear that I knew he had seen.

 

 

I had lasted most of the morning without breaking down, but as soon as I had a free period, I had to get away. This is how I found myself here, on the rocks at the beach, Trying to loose my self in the smell and sound. Tears rolled down my cheeks freely, and I don’t try to stop them. Holding them in will only make me hurt more. I lift my hands as I start to feel rain come down harder and harder.

I am so absorbed in my misery and the sound of the raindrops that I am not able to hear the small footsteps approaching me. It is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter