FINAL

Taking Care of you is More Trouble Than it's Worth

         

 tumblr_msaizvCWMZ1r85m6go1_250.giftumblr_msaizvCWMZ1r85m6go2_250.gif

(looks like Suho was teasing Sehun with a nose kiss but not a cheek kiss)

         

           “What are you doing?” Suho snapped, bearing his vampire fangs at the intruder who was entering his coffin. 

            The other didn’t even look surprised as he slid into the tight space beside Suho and shut the lid.

            “Get out!” Suho started pushing the intruder who only wrapped strong arms around his waist, “This isn’t a coffin for two!”

            “I thought you might need company,” the intruder smiled shyly.  Suho frowned, “Why would I need company?”

            “It gets lonely?  It’s cold?”

            Suho’s frown deepened if that was even possible, “First of all I like being by myself and secondly I don’t know how you could make me warm when you’re as cold as ice yourself,” Suho lifted the lid of his coffin and jumped out, “Now if you won’t leave, Sehun, I will.”

            Suho stopped when he saw Sehun’s lip tremble and the baby vampire wipe at his eyes. 

            “Aish,” Suho murmured as he jumped back into the coffin; he closed the lid and wrapped his arms around Sehun. 

            “You’re such a baby,” Suho muttered to the baby vampire.  Sehun just smiled and wrapped his arms around the ancient vampire. 

            “And frankly you’re getting a little too old for this,” Suho shifted uncomfortably in the coffin as he searched for a comfortable position to regenerate his energy.  This coffin had been built especially for him sometime in the 18th century and not with an intended mate in mind.  Not that Sehun was his mate or anything.  The boy was too young (in vampire age) for Suho to even consider it and he felt like he was babysitting the boy most of the time.  Well Suho was his maker after all but that was beside the point. 

            “But my coffin is uncomfortable,” Sehun complained as he tightened his hold on Suho like the elder was his own personal teddy bear or something. 

            Suho scoffed.  The inside of Sehun’s coffin was lined with satin cushions and the outside was made out of polished and bulletproof oak.  And the best part of Sehun’s coffin was that it had a TV under the lid….with cable. 

            “I’d gladly switch with you if you want,” Suho once again lifted the lid of his coffin but Sehun grabbed his hand and refused to let go. 

            “Don’t go.”

            Suho sighed as once again he closed the lid.

            “This is the last time, Sehun.  Tomorrow you’re sleeping in your own coffin.”

            Sehun grinned, showing his little vampire teeth and hugged Suho’s waist once again. 

            Just as Suho found a comfortable position squished in between Sehun and the wall, he felt something on his lips.

            He opened his eyes and saw Sehun’s closed ones.  Sehun kissed him once again before backing away.

            Suho sprang up hitting his head on the coffin lid, making it spring open.

            “Sehun!” Suho was wiping his lips with his sleeve, “How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?”

            Sehun grinned shyly, “This makes it 304.”

            “Why don’t you ever listen to me?” Suho shook his head.  He went somewhere wrong in raising Sehun.  He’d turned plenty of people into vampires in the past.  But none of the others had been this clingy or needy.  He never felt like he was a babysitter to any of them before. 

            “Stop kissing me like this!” Suho glared at Sehun.

            “Why?” Sehun asked innocently. 

            “Because it’s gross and wrong.  I’m like your dad.  You don’t go kissing your dad!”

            Sehun laughed at that, “You’re my maker and we did more than kiss when you turned me.”

            It was Suho’s turn to blush because it was true.  But at the same time, Sehun had been Suho’s mistake. Suho hadn’t intentionally wanted to turn Sehun.  Actually he’d been drunk that night and when he woke up in the morning, Sehun was beside him with baby vampire teeth poking out of his mouth.  And it was the beginning of the end for Suho. 

            He had to protect Sehun 24/7 now.  Unlike the other vampires Suho turned, Sehun was the only one who decided to stay with him.  Suho didn’t know where his other children were nor did he really care.  And at times he really wished Sehun would just leave too because it took too much extra work taking care of the boy.  And he was pretty sure Sehun thought their bond immediately made them mates or something like that. 

            Sehun was smirking at him and moved slightly so he was on top of Suho. 

            “Don’t make me bite you,” Suho threatened as he put an arm out and pushed Sehun against his side of the coffin.  He had an arm on Sehun’s chest to prevent the younger from moving anymore. 

            “I want you to bite me,” Sehun said stubbornly.  He turned to face his side of the coffin.  Suho breathed a sigh of relief; maybe now he can get some peace and quiet to regenerate his energy but he groaned in annoyance when he felt Sehun turn around to face him and hook a leg around his. 

            Sehun pouted at him, “You don’t hate me do you?”

            Suho looked at his pout.  Before he knew what he was doing, Suho moved forward and pecked the younger on the lips, “Of course I don’t hate you.”

            Sehun immediately perked up, “Does that mean we can f---“

            “Go to sleep,” Suho covered Sehun’s mouth before he could finish his sentence. 

            Sehun was about to speak after Suho removed his hand, but the look Suho gave him immediately made him close his mouth. 

            “Sleep.”

            Sehun moved closer to Suho and snuggled up to him before closing his eyes. 

            Suho hated touching other vampires because they were cold and he felt even colder whenever he touched one.  However, Suho was used to Sehun touching him by now, so he ignored the ick factor of this situation.  He kissed Sehun’s head before closing his eyes too. 

 

            “Sehun!” Suho exploded when he entered their mansion and saw blood staining the floors, walls, and rugs.  Blood was literally everywhere as well as the carcasses of animals with their intestines ripped from their body.

            Sehun flew from the second floor down to Suho and threw his arms around his maker.

            “You’re home!” He immediately pecked Suho’s lips.  Suho gave a disgusted look as Sehun’s mouth touched his.  For some reason Suho thought it was okay to kiss the younger whenever the younger looked vulnerable because he knew it would cheer the younger up.  But Sehun kissing him was different.  It was becoming common and that was bad.  He had to keep the boy under control. 

            “What is all this?  You’re supposed to clean up after eating!  I taught you better than this!”

            Sehun flinched, “I was going to.”

            “This is ridiculous!  You never listen to what I say!  What’s the use of teaching you if you never listen?”  Suho turned his back on Sehun and headed to the kitchen.

            Sehun flew after Suho and back hugged him, “I’ll do better!”

            “Just clean this up!” Suho barked.

            Sehun let go and sulkily went back to the living room to clean up the mess.    

            Suho knew he shouldn’t be harsh on the baby vampire.  He liked to think of himself as a patient vampire.  But when it came to Sehun it was different.  The baby vampire got under his skin at times.  He refused to listen to Suho’s commands which was outrageous because not only was Suho older but he was his maker.  Sehun had to listen; it was supposed to be in his genetic makeup to listen to Suho!  But at the same time Suho could never stay mad at the baby vampire because he really didn’t do anything bad.  The boy just didn’t know any better. 

            Suho sighed before going back into the living room.

            Sehun, who was mopping at a spot on the ceiling, flew down onto the floor when Suho entered and immediately lowered his head in shame. 

            Suho laughed and lifted the vampire’s face. 

            “I’ll help you out.  Here, give me the mop. I’ll clean the walls and you can throw these,” Suho looked at all the dead animals on the floor, “out on the lawn.”

            Sehun nodded enthusiastically and hugged Suho before picking up a deer and throwing it over his shoulder.  He was about to sprint out the door but Suho yelled after him.

            “Dig a hole so it won’t smell…and be careful for any wolves out there.”   

 

            Suho smiled when he heard the coffin door move in place but not open.  Three more times it moved off its hinge but didn’t open. 

            “Suho!” Sehun whined from on top of his coffin.

            “Do you need something?” Suho asked with genuine concern.  He was still grinning like a jerk though.

            “I can’t open the door.”

            “Sehunnie, you need to sleep in your own coffin.  I’ll see you when the sun sets.”

            “But I want to sleep with you,” Sehun whined again.

            “Sehun,” Suho said in an authoritative voice, “Go back to your own coffin and sleep.”

            “But I want to sleep with you!” Sehun hit the coffin and tried to lift it open but once again he failed.  Suho had installed a lock that locked from the inside.

            “Don’t make me command you,” Suho was almost tempted to open the coffin because he knew how upset Sehun was.  As his maker he could feel hints of all of Sehun’s emotions every single second of the day.

            “You ,” Sehun screamed.  He hit the coffin.  Suho heard Sehun get off of his coffin and return to his own.  The younger definitely slammed his own coffin door as hard as he could. 

            Suho was about to close his eyes when he suddenly felt Sehun’s sadness overwhelm him.  He felt like crying as the loneliness overtook him.  Suho was shocked.  This was only a hint of Sehun’s feelings now and they were so strong already, he could only imagine how bad Sehun was feeling at this moment. 

            He didn’t get it.  He only asked Sehun to sleep in his own coffin.  Sehun had done it plenty of times when he first became a vampire.  But now Sehun was on the verge of depression because Suho refused to let him inside his coffin.

           Suho slowly unlocked his coffin and lifted the lid.  Sehun’s coffin was closed so he couldn’t see the younger.  He flew over to the coffin and lifted the cover.  Sehun looked at him with wide eyes. 

            Suho jumped inside and hugged the younger. 

            He felt Sehun’s mood immediately shift to happiness as he hugged the older like he never wanted to let him go.  Even when he was being showered with butterfly kisses, Suho couldn’t tell the younger to stop.  He never knew how much he meant to Sehun until that moment.

 

            “How many times have I told you not to chase wolves down?” Suho asked as he furiously wiped at Sehun’s cut. 

            “58 times,” Sehun tried not to flinch as Suho cleaned his wound. 

            “You could’ve been killed.  You can never know whether a wolf is a plain one or a werewolf; werewolves will do anything they can to kill us.  This is serious, Sehun,” Suho glanced at the wound closely.  It was taking too long to heal and he knew that Sehun was in pain. 

            He was tempted to ask Sehun to drink his blood.  Vampire blood had healing powers especially if you were drinking from one.  But on another note, whenever you drank vampire blood you would feel .  And he didn’t want to feel that way around the younger.  He remembered the first night he turned the younger into a vampire.  Ever since that first night, Suho’d been trying to avoid any kind of situation like that. 

            He saw Sehun eying his neck vein and put a hand to it to cover it up.  Sehun’s baby fangs were already out and pinching his lower lip. 

            “I’ll get you an animal,” Suho was about to leave but Sehun grabbed his hand.

            “But I don’t want another animal, Suho.  You know what I want.” Sehun was pouting again.  Suho would regret this later.  He knew he would.

            He offered his neck.

            “Only enough to heal yourself.” 

            Sehun moved forward and hooked his arms around Suho’s waist uncertainly.  Since he’d become a vampire, he’d never actually bit another person.  He’d only blood from animals and most of the time he would destroy the body. 

            Suho brought Sehun’s head closer to his neck, “Here.”

            Sehun bit into Suho’s neck and Suho immediately withdrew with an angry shout.  His own vampire fangs were out as he put a hand to his neck.

            “Goddammit Sehun not there!  I really have taught you nothing.”

            Sehun pouted, “Let me try again.”  He gently grabbed Suho’s neck and was about to bite him again when Suho softly pushed him away.

            “You’re healed already.  There’s no more need.”

            Sehun looked down at his wound.  It was indeed fully healed.

            “But I have needs,” Sehun frowned. 

            Suho looked at Sehun.  His own fangs were still extended and he was tempted to take the younger right there.  But he resisted the urge and with great difficulty retracted his fangs. 

 

            Suho limped as he crossed the lawn.  Sunrise was approaching and he only had a few minutes to make it to safety.  He hoped Sehun was safely in his own coffin and not worrying about him.  But if he knew the younger like he knew he did, he was probably worrying like hell.  He could also feel Sehun’s uneasiness, especially as he neared the door. 

            He opened the door and as soon as he did, he was thrown onto the floor and smothered with kisses and then a long deep kiss.

            “I thought you weren’t coming back!” Sehun had his arms around Suho’s neck and Suho could feel his neck getting wet. 

            “Why wouldn’t I come back?  Sehun, calm down; I’m right here,” Suho was trying to reassure the younger even though he was in discomfort from his injuries. 

            “I thought the hunters got you! I thought the werewolves got you! I thought you died!” Sehun brought Suho away from his face and Suho saw that his eyes were wide.  And then Sehun immediately brought him back for a kiss. 

            Suho didn’t even have enough energy to push the younger away.  And it felt nice so he returned the kiss.

            He leaned down with Sehun falling on top of him and involuntarily groaned in pain as Sehun’s leg fell on top of his own injured one.

            “What happened?  What did I do wrong?” Sehun looked shocked when he saw that Suho’s leg was cut.  It was healing but at a slow pace. 

            “Some hunters got me.  They hit me with a poisoned arrow.  I was too fast for them though.  They only got my leg.”

            Sehun turned to look at Suho and immediately kissed him again.  Suho didn’t even have enough time to be shocked so he just grabbed the back of Sehun’s neck and laid back on the ground. 

            “Bite me, Suho,” Sehun whispered once they separated.

            “I can’t, Sehun,” Suho pushed Sehun back. 

            Suho’s teeth snapped out when Sehun bit into his neck, this time directly on the vein.   On impulse, Suho sunk his teeth into Sehun’s pale neck. 

 

            “You’re ignoring me,” Sehun whined as he tried to turn Suho around in the coffin. 

            “I’m not ignoring you,” Suho said silently.  He was looking at the wood like it was the most important thing in the world. 

            “Then look at me.” Suho could tell Sehun was pouting, but he knew if he turned around, he’d fall into the place where Sehun wanted him. 

            “Go away, Sehun,” Suho turned around to face him with a glare when the younger began his back.  Maybe he could try to intimidate the younger.  Sehun’s pale white skin looked so tempting that Suho had to close his eyes while he said, “And put on some clothes.  You’re going to catch a cold or something.”  Which was only an excuse because of course vampires couldn’t get sick.

            Sehun frowned and jumped out of the coffin.  He quickly put on a hoodie and some pants and threw some clothes into the coffin for Suho to put on. 

            Suho was about to close his coffin but Sehun put his hand in the crack just before it could fully close.

            “Sehun! Be more careful!” Suho snapped at the younger, but the younger just grinned as he snuck into the coffin and fell next to Suho once again. 

            “Can we do that again?”

            “No.”

            “Why?”

            “Because we just did it…five times,” Suho sounded exasperated.

            “So?”

            “So it’s time to rest.”

            “Can we do it again tomorrow?”

            Suho let out an annoyed breath, “If you don’t rest now you won’t have enough energy to do anything tomorrow.” 

            Sehun pouted but relented.  Suho turned around to face the side of the coffin and closed his eyes.  Seconds later, he felt Sehun slide his arms around him and bring him closer.  He was about to fall into his regenerative state when he felt teeth impale themselves into his neck but not at the vein.

            “Dammit, Sehun!”

            He heard Sehun’s teeth retract and the younger quickly let go of him and retreated as far away as he could. It was like he knew he misbehaved and was afraid of being scolded.

            Suho swiftly turned around to face the younger and immediately turned the younger around to face his side of the coffin. Sehun whined like he was being put in a corner, but immediately sighed in happiness when he felt Suho link his arms around his waist and pull him closer.

            “Now, sleep.  I swear I never have enough energy to deal with you.”         

 

tumblr_mron3gwQWt1r85m6go1_250.giftumblr_mron3gwQWt1r85m6go2_250.gif

tumblr_mron3gwQWt1r85m6go3_250.giftumblr_mron3gwQWt1r85m6go4_250.gif