Chapter 1

Behind the scenes

 

After the meeting with the boss and her members, Nana decided to come and visit her boyfriend in their dorms to tell him the details of the meetings. She knows very well that the moment she relays the concept to Donghae, he for sure will go berserk! Just thinking about Donghae’s reaction Nana knows she’s in for a long interrogation. And it requires for her to have a long and wide patience. You know, that guy sometimes tends to over react big time!

 

“Patience my dear. This is it.  He will understand. I know he will, I hope! Jeez!” I keep telling my self while waiting for whoever will open the door for me in their dorms. It became my mantra the whole ride going here.  I’m really excited to see him again, because I terribly missing him since he’s been out of the country for their shows and I’m busy preparing for our comeback, yet at the same time I’m feeling nervous. Aish!

 

While having a mental battle in her head someone opened the door for her.

 

“Hi! Long time no see, Nana. Come in. ”. Ryeowook happily greets her.

“Same to you, Wook. How have you been? How’s the concert?”

“I’m fine, it’s just that it is so tiring to go back and forth. Long flights are exhausting!”

“I know. But hey, it’s not the bad since you’ve got to travel across the globe. That’s awesome, you know.” Nana gives Ryeowook a pat on his shoulder reminding him he’s doing a great job.

“Thanks. By the way, the guys misses you specifically that fishy boyfriend of yours. He can’t go on a day without looking at your photos.” Ryeowook can’t help but roll his eyes every time he remembers Donghae acts like a lovesick high school student.

“I miss him too.  And I’m apologizing on his behalf”. She knows how love sick he can get…and it sometimes annoying. But please don’t get her wrong.

“I gotta go. Nice to see you again. I’ll catch up with you very soon. By the way he’s in his room. Now, go.” Ryeowook bid her goodbye.

 

When Nana enters his room, she saw him sleeping soundly that she’s having a hard time to decide whether he will wake him up or not, but she choose the former. Nana  made his way towards the bed and quietly sat on the open space provided by his sleeping position and she gasped when the sleeping figure is up and about to hug her.  Little did she know that Donghae is all ears and wide awake the moment he heard her talking to Ryeowook, he just want to gve her a surprise by giving her a tight and cuddly hug. ..And  oh don’t forget the kisses. Yes! Its plural.

 

“Looveee! I thought you were sleeping! You almost hurt yourself by jumping off on me like that.” Nana whines, not because she’s annoyed but she just didn’t expect that. “Nope, love. I’m up the moment I heard you talking to Wook. I miss you so so much!” While giving her chaste kisses on her lips which she replied accordingly. “And I miss you too! Hey, is this how you greet your guest the moment you saw her. No hi’s and hellos, or how are you?”

“Nope, only for your eyes. This is our official greeting when we meet.” He laughs, still in a hugging position.

“Hmmm…like this? Me sitting in between your legs ..no. You hugging me like a koala bear? I can get used to this.” She beams.  He just gave her hearty laugh.

 

In moments like this random realizations kick in, he feels recharged and energize. To him, Nana is his source of energy and seed of happiness. In the industry they both belong long and stressful schedule, over the top fame and crazy fan girls, having a partner reminds him that he’s still human and a normal man. To him, Nana is his gravity who keeps balance in his busy life. Though, they work in the same field, it doesn’t really matter to him as long as love is their common denominator. Yay!

 

For a while, they stayed in their position and not talking. No words need to be exchanged just their presence is enough. Plus you can add the fact that they haven’t seen each other for a long time.

 

“Love, I have something to tell you.” Nana pulling away from the hug.

“What?

“You are very much aware of our comeback right?

“Yes. What about it?”

“We just had our meeting before I cam here…and guess what?” She tries to prolong  her agony as she is not yet ready to reveal the concept.

“Hmm.. what? Stop beating around the bush, love. I can sense that something which I wouldn’t like. Right?

“Perhaps”. What would she expect? Being with him for a long time, like 4 years or so ,must help him decipher  her every movements. Yes, folks. 4 years it is.

“Go on please”

“We’re doing pole dance as a routine. And I’m kinda excited about it since I’ve been wanting to do that also, and helps people to keep fit and discipline and focus…” She said that in one go since she’s very nervous about it. And fidgeting in her sitting position.

“Hahaha! Love, you’re so funny.” He cuts her on her sentence as he finds it very cute. “Calm down. I think it’s a good idea? I don’t know.”

“You think so?”

“Yeah? We’ll see when you ladies finished your choreography.”

“Okay.” She sighs loudly.

“Why?”

“Honestly, I anticipate you going berserk. Cause you know… it’s too y baby. Hahaha!”  She answers in a teasing tone.

“I understand. Don’t worry, love. Even if I get mad or pissed for that matter I couldn’t . Why? Because we are in this kind of field. And also, I heard from my friends that pole dance is an art. You know, part of the performing arts”. He says proudly.

“You’re getting smarter everyday. I’m so proud of you.” She gave him a hug for a reward.  “Errrr! Whose friends of yours is this? You watched her perform?!” She suddenly got curious who is he talking about.

“Eyyy! Are you jealous now?”

“Of course not! I was just curious”.

“Okay! Okay! That friend of mine is…. Mr. Google”.

“Ohw! You’re not just getting smarter but you’re also getting some kind of humor”. She laughs. They keep on laughing. Nana loves it when they have this kind of conversation. It makes them a normal couple. It makes them…them.  And oh, out of their crazy conversation, she needs to tell her about the promotional photo. She almost forgot the main reason why she came here, the topless photo shoot. Whew!

Although, she doesn’t want to break the happy mood, she needs to tell him, no inform him.  Here goes nothing.

 

“Love, one more thing. You know, we need to do some promotional photo for the pre release of the album.”

“Yes, I know about that. What about it? I know you’ll do great.”

“Ahmm…its just I was chosen to do it..and..” This is it! She thought.

“And….” He asks curiously.

“And…it’s going to be a topless me.” She answers. There she goes dropping the bomb.

 

‘WHAAAAAAATTTTT?????!!!!!!!” Donghae suddenly gets up the moment he hears  the concept, and Nana was sprawled on top of the floor with his action. It’s a normal reaction when you were seating closely in fluffy bed, the force is too much. Hahaha!

 

“LOVE! Nooooooooo!!!!!” He beams.