Hello neighbour

Walk Next To Me

Thud!!

All the three guys were on the floor. The force of the punch was too strong that Donghae fell onto the floor. The smaller sized guy tried to stop his friend from throwing that impulsive punch but he was too late. In the struggle, all of them were somehow pushed down onto the floor by each other’s weight.

“I am sooooo sorry! Omg!!”

Donghae tried to recollect what happened. His view was back to normal but he felt a stinging pain on the apple of his cheeks.

“Hey!! What was that for?” Donghae was yelling without realizing how loud he was.

The drunk guy was sprawled onto the floor. He was unconscious.

“Let me help you up.” This small sized guy sounded really apologetic that Donghae figured that there was no point getting angry at him.

‘Serve me right for trying to be helpful.’ Donghae heard his own voice reprimanding himself in his head.

“I am so sorry but can you please help me carry him in?” still sounding apologetic.

“Fine.” Donghae was unwilling but he was too nice to say no.

The two guys carried the drunk gu together. As Donghae entered the apartment, he could not help but noticed that the walls of the entire apartment were in pink.

‘Why would two guys live in a pink apartment?’ he wondered.

“Just put him on the couch.”

Donghae followed the instructions obediently. Once the drunk guy was on the couch, Donghae sink onto the couch too. This sudden unexpected drama was starting to tire him and he was still hungry from missing lunch. To make matters worse, he is now prized with a stinging pain on his right cheekbone.

As soon as they placed the drunk guy onto the couch, the smaller sized guy ran into the kitchen. While Donghae was still distracted by the pink walls around him, the smaller sized guy came running back with an ice pack and a glass of water in his hands.

“Here is a glass of water. You need to put this ice pack onto your cheek or it will get worse tomorrow morning.” He handed both the glass and the ice pack to Donghae.

“I am sorry, my name is Ryeowook but you can call me Wookie. This is Sungmin. We are roommates! Please please please do as I say, I feel bad enough already.”

Donghae starred at Ryeowook. He wanted to rant at him but Ryeowook looked too childlike that he felt guilty for being angry at him. After all, it was not him who punched Donghae.

“I am Donghae. I just moved in next door yesterday.” Donghae introduced himself.

“Oh! Hello! I had no idea we were neighbours! Welcome to the neightbourhood!”

Donghae smiled weakly. He wondered how Ryeowook can remain positive and chirpy at times like this. He must really be a nice guy.

“Yeah…..I better make a move now. I was heading to the store to get food and I am starving.” Donghae started to stand up signaling that he wanted to leave.

As soon as he stood up, Ryeowook walked towards him and placed his hands on Donghae’s chest. Donghae was too stunned to react.

“Oh, why don’t I cook dinner for you? I was going to cook for two anyway but it looks like someone will be sleeping until tomorrow morning. Why don’t you stay here and I will be done in about 30 minutes?” Ryeowook was still in his chirpy voice.

“Uh..no please. I wouldn’t want to trouble you.”

“PLEASE, I insist. Sit here and rest and continue putting the ice pack onto your cheeks.” With that statement, Ryeowook pushed Donghae back onto the couch and walked off into the kitchen.

‘Oh man, this small guy is persistent. He seems nice though. Oh well, I am too tired to go to the store anyway.’ Donghae decided that he would stay. The only couch in the living room was enough for three people to sit on it but apparently Sungmin took the space of two people. Donghae was not comfortable sitting next to an unconscious drunk man but he hated sitting on the floor so he stayed in his seat while icing his cheeks.

The whole interior of the living room was neat and tidy. He was slightly disturbed by the pink walls. The walls were in bright pink and there was a Minnie Mouse and giraffe plush toy sitting by the window. If the two guys had not appeared, Donghae would have thought that the room was decorated for a 5 year old girl.

“So…. there are only two of you or is there a third person staying here?” Donghae shouted while examining the plush toys by the window.

“No, its just the two of us.” Ryeowook’s voice was heard from the kitchen.

“Oh well, that is weird but I guess some guys may like pink.” He thought aloud. He walked back to the sofa and sat down. Looking at the unconscious Sungmin, he still thought that he was handsome. He started to wonder if Sungmin gets himself drunk on a daily basis. He does not drink alcohol and he does not like the smell of it. The last thing he need is someone drunk knocking on his door when all he wanted was some peace and quiet staying in his new apartment.

Movement.

What was that?’ Donghae thought. His eyes immediately fell on Sungmin, who by now had placed his right leg on Donghae’s thighs and his arms around Donghae’s waist.

“What is wrong with you, you drunkard?! Get off me now!” he was struggling to free himself from Sungmin’s clasp.

“Please don’t leave me baby! I love you too much!!” Sungmin’s sudden needy voice shocked Donghae. His arms were too strong and Donghae could not release himself.

The sound of shattered pieces of clay hit the floor.

The scared Donghae and semi-conscious Sungmin turned their heads to look at the source of the sound. There, was Ryeowook standing still wearing bloodshot eyes. For the first time, Donghae thought Ryeowook looked scary.

“What the hell are the two of you doing?” How could you hug him instead of me?!” 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry everyone for the late update, work was too hectic. Anyway, I should be updating more regularly now. Please continue to be patient and feel free to leave any comment. Thank you all for subscribing!