Chapter 17

The Man Who Took Me Away

 

 

 

Most of the day I just laid in bed though from time to time Sehun or Luhan came to look after me and we would talk for a while. At about 5 pm the doctor came to check on me. He gave me some pills against the fever and said that I have to stay at bed for another 2 days which totally to me since it was way too boring. It was a bit of an help that Luhan and Sehun promised me to spend some time with me but actually I didn’t want them to stick around too much or else they would get sick as well. But I had to admit that it was lively when both of them where in the room. Sehun who rarely seemed to smile showed many smiles whenever Luhan was talking animatedly about random stuff. You could see that Luhan was someone special for Sehun. I wondered what their story was. Luhan too seemed to think of the other at least as valuable as Kris. I was really envious of such a relationship. I never experienced that kind of relationship but I was happy for them.

 

It was 6 pm when I heard a car pulling into the entrance of the gate. I assumed Kris had come back. I wondered if Luhan or Sehun had told him about me being sick and if he was worried about me. Somehow it seemed important to me that he cared about me. I still wouldn’t admit that I felt like that towards my cruel-hearted kidnapper. Though cruel-hearted wasn’t true. He seemed to be a bit clumsy at showing how he felt, like me. His way of getting what he wanted was different from others because he had the power to do so but he was just unable to come up with something else. Kidnapping was his way to get me. Threating me was his way of making me stay. For him this was the only solution to this all. Other people would have talked to me, get to know me and befriended me but he took the straight route. I was still angry at him no doubt but I could understand him a bit more than before. Hearing Luhan’s story I could only assume that he wasn’t a bad person or at least not a bad person in his heart. His past had to have let him to the measures he took and I knew all too well how that felt.

 

I was snapped out of my thoughts as my door opened to reveal a tired looking Kris. He weakly smiled at me which caused my heart to jump. “How are you feeling?” “Better, thanks for your concern.” I returned a small smile. “I heard you made up with Luhan? You can’t be angry at him for too long right?” He said with a hint of amusement. I chuckled. “You’re right. He has his ways.” He slowly walked towards the chair he had welcomed me the first night I had woken up. A shudder ran down my spine at this memory. Like Luhan he seemed so different back then, so cold and cruel. The image of him sitting in this chair with his cat was still imprinted in my mind, an awful spooky image to remember. He slowly sat down and looked at me with tired eyes. “You look tired… you should go to bed soon.”  “It was a hard day.” He mumbled while lazily rubbing his eyes. He looked like a little kid, a cute one. All I wanted to do was his hair and watch him fall asleep. I really felt like a ert. I blushed at my thoughts at looked elsewhere to hide my embarrassment.

 

 “You should eat something before you go to bed.” I said to distract me from the thoughts I just had. “Are you actually worried about me?” he said in an amused voice but somehow it sounded happy as well. I pouted. “Maybe.” I heard him laugh out loud with startled me for a second. “You are really something. You shouldn’t worry about me. First you are sick and second I’m the jerk here, remember?” his voice sounded kind of sad which stopped me to say the playful remarks I had in mind. “I am sick but maybe you are not such a jerk I thought you were.” I sighed and gave him a small smile. “Why the change of mind? Did the duo say unnecessary things again?” He said with a frown. “Hmm… Not really… They entertained me a lot  while I had to be in bed for the whole time.” I didn’t want to get the two in trouble so I just said whatever came to my mind. “If you say so…” It went silent but for me it wasn’t uncomfortable. It had a soothing feeling to it which I liked quite a bit. I looked at Kris who had settled his gaze on the window. He looked like he was in his own world, he reminded me of myself when I’m locked up in the memories of my past. Though there was a difference in our facial expression. His face looked sad but at the same time at peace. People told me that I looked in pain or terrified when I was in my own world. I sighed. “You can go now that you checked on me. Eat something and then go to bed. No more work for you today.” I said in a playful manner. “Yes mum.” He turned around and smiled at me. “Good kid.” I chuckled and watched him standing up. He walked towards the door when suddenly he turned around with his charming smile and said: “Thank you for not hating me as much as before.” I was amazed by his honesty. “Ah… no problem.” With that he left the room and I was left alone again. I continued starring at the door having a hard time understanding what had happened.

 

I shrugged the events off and stood up from the bed. I slowly walked towards the balcony door, feeling a bit dizzy from the change of position. I opened it at I stepped out to the balcony. I knew I should stay in bed but I needed the fresh air. I inhaled the misty scent of the wind. Autumn wind was my favorite. It had its own scent to it or at least that was what I thought. The coldness caused me to shiver but I refused to just go in yet. I wanted to enjoy the coolness of the air and the silence some more. I dreaded falling asleep. I knew the fever caused the dreams, memories, to be more intense than they normally would. I sighed and was ready to turn back to leave when I heard my voice being called. “Nara, where are you?” It was Kris’s worried voice. I made my way back to the balcony door and stepped back into the room. I met a furious-looking Kris which caused me to swallow hard. “W-why are you here again?” I didn’t know why I was afraid of him but he seemed different when he was angry. “I wanted to spend some more time with you that’s why I wanted to eat in your room but you suddenly disappeared.” “Sorry… I just wanted to get some fresh air.” “You are just dressed in your pajamas and go out like that?” he still sounded angry which made me feel guilty. “Sorry.” I said again. I felt small compared to him. Some minutes ago it was me scolding him but he wasn’t being playful here. I could hear him sigh and looked up again since I bend my head in shame. “Whatever… I changed my mind. I will go back to my room.” He just said these words and left me standing in the middle of the room.  

 

 


I made another update ^-^

I hope you enjoy it ~

Oh and regarding the question from the last chapter...

There are a lot of people who want me ot add (BoyXBoy) and there are also

some who don't want to... that's why I decided to hold it subtle. 

So there will be some boylove but it won't be the center. 

Anyway thanks for al lthe support ~

Love you guys ^-^ <3

Oh and some extras... random Kris gifs: