Final

Smile

 

 

 

Gloomy.

Dark.

Dull.

Lonely.

This isn’t what the day looks like.

This is Himchan’s mind.

He could think of many reasons as to why he was acting like this. But there were too many to choose from.

He stayed in his once shared bed, wrapped up in blankets, drying tears on his face and pillow.

Himchan doesn’t think he can ever smile again.

He hears a knock on the door. A shaky “come in” is all he can manage to let out, and the male comes in, in tattered clothing, like how Himchan saw him last.

“H-Himchan,” he cried, his voice unstable, as well as his balance. He limped closer to Himchan’s bed, looking at the dazed man.

“What are you doing here?” Himchan eyed the man with curiosity and daze in his irises.

“I’m sorry,” the male cried, lowering his head, his palms clenched into fists.

“For what? You did nothing wrong,” Himchan’s tears that he thought were gone started again, falling rapidly from the brim of his eye down to his defined jawline.

“I’m sorry,” the other cried again.

“Why? I’m the one who should be apologizing,” Himchan shook, he looked at the other who was now crying, his tears as close to becoming precious crystals.

Himchan reached out for the other’s face, only to find out that

there was nothing there.

Himchan wakes up, sunlight beaming through his closed eyelids, looking at the guy next to him, sleeping contentedly, with his arms wrapped around him.

Himchan turns himself around so he’s facing the other, feeling the urge to finally smile for the first time in weeks. He takes his hand and the other’s face, making the other blink one eye open, only to smile back at him.

“Good morning, Himchan,” his hoarse voice greeted, pecking his lips. “I see you’re smiling again.”

“I am,” he replied, “thanks to a little someone.”

Himchan’s nightmares stopped after that night. But knowing that he can only smile because of Yongguk, wherever Yongguk goes, his smile goes along with him.

Smiles are portable, Himchan thinks. But he’s probably right.

 

 

crap