A Nickname

Being Childhood Friends With Ricky

"Ricky ah~" Mi Sun called for him while he was getting his stuff. "Hurry~ You don't want to miss Umma's amazing cooking~ I know you love the smell of fresh food."

 "Hold on. I'm inviting Changjo and Niel to dinner. Byunghun, Minsoo, and Chanhee couldn't come because they had an important test. We have to wait for them."

  She sat on the nearest desk and sighed. "Fine." She began swinging her arms and stared at the ground, being bored and tired from the whole day. All of a sudden, she hit something and there was an, "Ow!"

  Mi Sun raised her head. "Omo! Mianhe-" She caught herself. It was Changjo. She blinked a couple of times and could feel herself blush. Can she really date him to forget about Ricky? She shook her head and clapped her hands together. "Mianhe," she repeated.

  Changjo shook his head. "It's nothing." He began rubbing his knee. "But you do kick hard."

  She let out a sigh, raising her shoulders. "So you're eating... with... us?"

  He grinned and nodded his head. "Mhm. Your parents wouldn't mind, right?"

  "You shouldn't be asking me that. Ricky's the one who aasked you, so he's going to take full responsibility if my parents don't agree."

  Changjo lightly laughed and looked at Ricky, "Niel will be here in a little bit. He got in trouble again for-"

 "Talking. I know him. You don't have to explain," Ricky completed. "While we're waiting, I have to talk to you." He wrapped his arms around Changjo's shoulder and led him to the other side of the room.

  Mi Sun was watching them, but then, Niel comes in shouting, "I'm back! Did you miss me? Oh~ Mi Sun!" He gave her a big hug.

  "Ahn Nyeong, Niel Oppa." She hugged him back.

  "What's your Umma cooking?"

  She placed a finger to her lips and closed one eye, "Who knows. It's always different."

  Ricky jumped in, "Okay! Let's go!"

______________________________________________________________________

 Back at home, your Umma greeted Niel and Changjo with a kiss on the cheek, even with a huge knife in her hand...

  "Dinner will be ready soon. You boys can just hang out in Ricky's room.

  "Ne~ Kamsamnida, Mrs. Lee." They both said bowing.

  "No need for thanks. It's a pleasure to have more faces coming in."

  Niel and Changjo smiled.

  "Yah~ Let's go! I bought a new game. Let's play it!" Ricky exclaimed, running up the stairs to his room while the two boys followed behind.

  "First~!" Niel shouted, halfway up the stairs.

  Mi Sun's Umma shook her head. "Such lively kids. Mi Sun ah~ Could you help me with this?"

  "Yes, Umma." Mi Sun said, dropping her stuff on the couch. "Where's Appa?"

  "He's not going to make it today. He's busy."

  "Okay. Well, that means we have to save some food for him, if Ricky doesn't eat it." She giggled. Ricky is such a foodie.

______________________________________________________________________

  Now that everyone was seated, they started eating.

  "Oh! Mrs. Lee~ Tomorrow me and Mi Sun will be going to a birthday party. Can we go?"

  Mi Sun's Umma replied, "Yes. You don't have to call me Mrs. Lee, you can call me Umma since we're family. How many times do I need to tell you?"

  "..." Ricky was silent and he began to trail off, then, "Changjo! Were you invited? I know Niel was because he kept bragging about it..." He eyed Niel who was smiling proudly while chewing.

  Changjo nodded, "And L. Joe, Chunji, and C.A.P."

  "Again with the nicknames..." Mi Sun sighed. "Which one's which?"

  "L. Joe = Byunhung, Chunji = Chanhee, and C.A.P. = Minsoo." Ricky stated as if it was the obvious.

  "Why do you have to have nicknames?"

  "It's funner that way." Ricky said, shaking his body.

  "Ah~" And yet she doesn't have a nickname unlike the rest.

  "We can call you Sunny," Changjo stated.

  She thought about it. It was nice, but she didn't feel attached to it.

  "Or SunSun." :D Ricky made a wide smile full of exaggeration, lifting his shoulders.

  "Cute... but no... I like to be called Mi Sun." She said. For some reason when she said her own name, it felt weird to her tongue. Does that happen to everyone.

  Ricky sighed and pouted. "Fine. Have it your way then. You're the only one who's not having a nickname."

  "What about Bo Yun?"

  "Boa!" Niel exclaimed.

  "How about..." she tapped her chin. "Yu Ni?" She stared at Ricky, waiting for his answer.

  Ricky blushed and bowed his head. "She doesn't have one..." he mumbled.

  "But she does-" Changjo started, but Ricky covered his mouth.

  "Let's just eat now, so we can continue our game..." Ricky explained and took his chopsticks, stuffing the food into his mouth.

_______________________________________________________________________________

So, what do you think? Longer? Yes! New Picture? Yes! Interesting? Uh... Haha, wel thanks for reading up to this point :D