The Ones Who Care

Perks Of Being A Weirdo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                 

 

Kyungsoo seemed to be off his game because in the span of preparing food he had cut his hand three times. If he said he didn’t understand why or where his mind was, he’d be lying. Everything about the knowledge of Kai and his shared kiss had him uneasy for like a week. He wanted to know what it had been like because honestly he couldn’t remember. He wanted so much to remember. It may have sounded clichéd but it had all started with a kiss. A kiss that he wanted to experience again just to make sure that he wasn’t completely crazy. That all these ‘feelings’ he was gaining for Kai weren’t just from that kiss.

God dammit

There goes cut number four. Kyungsoo turned when the front door opened and Kai wandered in. Kai looked straight at Kyungsoo with his hand and hurried over in his direction. He held his hand and shoved Kyungsoo’s finger in his mouth without even a bit of hesitation. Kai wriggled his tongue a bit then lay it flat on the scrape. After he was sure the bleeding was over he pulled his finger out of his mouth. He looked at Kyungsoo and uttered,”Bandaid?”

Kyungsoo like in a trance just pointed in the direction of the cupboard. When Kai walked away Kyungsoo let his breath out not realizing he had been holding it all through that.

When Kai returned he looked at Kyungsoo and whispered,”You should be more careful,”

Kyungsoo just stared at him as he delicately placed the bandaid on the cut. Kyungsoo wanted to grab his face in his hands and kiss him but something was stopping him. He was afraid that this would end badly for the both of them.

“You’re staring,” Kai mumbled with a smile.

Kyungsoo looked down,”My eyes are just abnormally big so it looks like that but it’s not…..are you hungry?”

Kai chuckled,”I could eat,”

“So can I,” Tao interjected stepping out of his room with his willy hanging low and his s exposed.

“Tao, clothes,” Kyungsoo said calmly like this was not the first time they were having this conversation. Kai was completely immune to this by now too.

Tao ignored him and took a seat on the couch. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes finally taking his hand back from Kai. He needed to finish the meal….that was what was important right?

“Do you need any help with that?” Kai asked walking over to Kyungsoo again placing his hands to tighten his apron. Every part of Kyungsoo froze and he really didn’t know what to feel.

“Nope I’m fine,” he managed to say.

Kai nodded and went to join Tao in the living room.

Kyungsoo turned off the stove then glanced over at the two on the couch. Tao seemed to be explaining something important about his because somehow holding it and pointing to it couldn’t mean anything else.

“Lunch’s done!” Kyungsoo yelled eventually trying to break the conversation.

Kai’s head popped up and he darted towards Kyungsoo bringing a smile to his face. It would have been a little annoying before but now it seemed normal and the house would be strange without it. And Kyungsoo would definitely miss it.

                “Why exactly are we going to this?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun in the car.

“Because we could use a break and also you have something up your or maybe you need somet-“ Baekhyun started to babble.

“Okay I get it,” Kyungsoo sighed,”You and Chanyeol want to have ,”

Baekhyun gasped almost too obviously,”How co-“he stopped.

Kyungsoo looked at him.

“It’s been so long Kyung,” Baekhyun whined,”I think my forgot what its purpose is anymore,”

“That was definitely not something I needed to know,” Kyungsoo replied looking at a sleeping Kai next to him,”But why did you bring us here?”

“Because I love having all my friends around me,” Baekhyun started,”It may seem like Chanyeol is my world but I like to make room for you guys too.”

Kyungsoo never really felt any attachment to Baekhyun before but feeling wanted by someone even if it was a friend made Kyungsoo feel warm and loved. He said nothing but Baekhyun knew by the idiotic grin on his face.

“We’re here,” Baekhyun announced as Chanyeol put the four wheel drive in park.

Baekhyun’s family cabin was huge, Kyungsoo wasn’t even sure if cabin was really the right word to use to describe the place. The six of them walked in carrying their bags admiring the interior. It was far more than they had expected of the Byun family ‘cabin’. Tao’s high school friend, Minseok was immediately in love with the kitchen, he couldn’t even help himself. There were five rooms but two were on lockdown due to repairs so that meant two to a room. Baekhyun pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and read out the rules of the house which included mainly keeping the house clean and room arrangements.

Kyungsoo could have seen it coming like an oncoming storm that Kai was going to be his roommate. Somehow he was a bit happy but pressured. What was going to happen?

Kyungsoo looked over to see Minseok being rather friendly with Kai. He wondered if they knew each other and then he wondered again if they did why would that bother him. He looked Minseok up and down and decided that it would in fact bother him because Minseok was perfect. His hands were so delicate and his skin so flawless along with that charming as grin.  

Kim Minseok was the definition of Fine China and next to him Kyungsoo thought of himself as a potato.

Kyungsoo bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter