Hit Your Heart

Hit Your Heart

Eunhyuk and OC

Even if you hit your heart – will you be able to change it? In order to become in sync with mine

…Once more

-

“Eunhyuk ah…_______'s  back!” Donghae – our best friend for years tapped you a little in the back as he pointed to the narrow corridor – where I silently stood waiting for your appearance.

From outside the study hall, I could hear your speak – the melodic vibes of your voice reached my ears, and at the moment a smile played on my lips

‘I see you…My Eunhyuk’

Biting my lips I, I dropped my bags on the ground letting them create a thudding noise as the heavy contents collided with the concrete floor, with eyes teary with happiness I prepare to run to you.

Although as soon as the joy of being reunited with you once more has enveloped me – the million words I had prepared just for you, and the widest smile I had just for you had disappeared, as if they were nothing more than just dust blown away by a strong wind in the open.

As another figure – a smaller one at that appeared right beside you – coiling her hands with yours, and I could tell by the little sparkle – as the beautiful gem reflected the sunshine – I knew I had lost

I couldn’t let reality hit me – as I hoped it wasn’t true.

Turning a blind eye to everything I had seen, I smile once more, a smile brighter than the latter – though on the inside with was only as bright as a lamp with a dying flame…

“_____-ah…” I heard you say with your voice tight and forced.

“Eunhyuk Oppa! I’m back. Did you miss me?” My smile – the wider it got, the more painful it was for my heart to keep it right – lips threatening to quiver, I let out a small chuckle with hopes to save my lips from doing so.

“_______-ah…”

And that was all you could say – before she dragged you away from me

…but by saying that I would be lying – I wanted to fool myself, convincing myself that you were reluctant to go with her, when in fact you followed her suit.

Because you had wanted to

Feeling as it my Heart was bursting into fragments like glass shattering from high frequencies – I stood there, looking at your retreating back allowing people to walk past me with nothing more than a look you would usually give to a stranger

…just as how you did with me.

In the past few days I have attended college – living in a dorm that was only one block from yours. Our connection had gotten better though we never really spoke of the past – you’ve always avoided the subject, even when Donghaewas present.

The more we spoke, the more we understood our present selves, rather than trying to live in the past restoring what was then. We share good moments of laughter as we exchange stories of experience during the time we were not together, like the time you said that you were on the donation collection team for our college church and you have accidentally tripped on your own shoelace during mass causing the basket of coins to spill – as much as I wanted to refrain from laughing so hard – I couldn’t, and the time that I told you I walked right into a glass door of the headmaster office in the previous school I went to while studying overseas – you laughed so hard at that.

But no matter how much time we spent talking and how many topics we’ve discussed – you never talked about us… or her, though whenever I saw you – you always had her in your arms – making her smile.

Until that one moment when you came and knocked on my dorm door – lips crushing into mine, tears consistently flowing down your cheeks; I couldn’t help but take you into my arms.

“I missed you so much, I missed you, when you left my heart couldn’t take it, but I had to since it was your choice – it was for your future….but how can you come back when I’ve already moved on….”

I know I’ve been gone for a while, and I know it’s possible for your heart to change with time

But did you know mine didn’t – it stayed the same – locking you in the depths of my heart, waiting for the day that you’ll once look at me, as you did a long time ago, and as you do – with her, in every single waking moment.

“Oppa, do you still love me?”

It was foolish for me to have asked you – despite knowing what I already should’ve acknowledged during the time of my absence.

“Our hearts don’t beat the same way anymore, ______ah, I know you still love me, I could tell…. Your eyes always said much more than the words that come out of your mouth…_____ ah… Mianhae…”

Tearing my hands off gently from your cheeks, taking one last look at me, silence filled the room, though as I opened my mouth to speak….

As you spoke, the words that escaped your mouth we’re filled with remorse and pity and by the tone and speed of your speech – I could tell that they were no more than just fillers – trying to occupy and void the awkward atmosphere that surrounded us.

“_______ ah, I’m sorry, we can still be friends, we’ll hang like weused to… But we can’t be together… I’m sorry for kissing you right now… I’m confused… I’m sorry… I – I gotta go…”

Even if you hit your heart – will you be able to change it? In order to become in sync with mine once again

-

Sitting with a mug of coffee in my hand, I stare at you … your smile is more luminous than the brightest star… I see you, with her in your arms… the glow of happiness emanated from you…

I’ve lost

I’ll let you go now.

---

first time writing beast lol haha :D was it ok?     changed it to eunhyuk heh... :D